The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-04-2016, 11:10 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Reading Labels

Other than getting caught in the toilet with a dead smart phone, reading labels is not a popular pastime.
Maybe food labels if you or yours have an allergy, or the directions after doing it your way was a disaster.
I ran into two labels that gave me a double-take today.

I bought some stuff you drip into your ear to eat earwax, and noticed it has a box on the package listing the Inert ingredients.

Flavor? Flavor! We don't need no stinkin' flavor.

The second one was cough drops. Cheap generic cough drops in two flavors.
Both packages had the "Compare to Halls" thing on the front, but the back of the bags were different.

Who owns Halls anyway?
Old 04-05-2016, 08:27 PM   #2
Pamela
Deplorable

Halls is the brand name of a popular mentholated cough drop. Halls cough drops (categorized as a cough suppressant/oral anaesthetic by the manufacturer) are sold by the Cadbury-Adams Division of Cadbury, now owned by Mondelēz International, and have long been advertised as featuring "Vapor Action". Halls was first made in the 1930s in Stanley Road, Whitefield, Lancashire, United Kingdom by the Halls Brothers company (founded 1893). Halls Brothers was acquired by Warner-Lambert in 1964. Production in Whitefield ceased in the late 1980s. When Pfizer acquired Warner-Lambert in 2000, the Halls brand came with the entire Adams portfolio (which included Trident gum, Dentyne, Chiclets and Freshen Up, among others). Two years later, Adams was bought out by Cadbury, who were subsequently purchased by Kraft foods, which was later restructured and renamed Mondelēz International - as of 2015, Mondelēz International owns the Halls brand worldwide.

via Wikipedia

And there you have it.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:21 AM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

OK, then both bags are incorrect. I should say outdated. Jesus, what tangled web of National Dairy, Kraft, Cadbury, General foods, Nabisco, Dart, Phillip Morris, et al. Too big to fail. Here a Billion there a Billion everywhere a lot of Billions.