Insert witty comment here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Good work!
Thanks!
Old 05-18-2016, 10:16 AM   #78
bbro

The owner has been trying to kill us with circuit training lately. Monday was 35s work, 25s rest, move on to the next exercise. Technically, there were 8 exercises, but 2 of them were single arm exercises, so each arm got it's own round. Do this 3 times with 3 minutes between each set.

I kept up until the last round. On one exercise, I put the weight down intending to stop, but decided against it and got a few more reps in. Cue compliment from the trainer :P:

The second to last exercise, I thought I was gonna hurl, so I was just going to stop. The trainer asked if I could do it with a little extra rest, so of course I said yes. Finished that one and the very last exercise he didn't time, just counted off reps for me.

It was rough, but I technically completed it, even if the end wasn't the full round. I even attempted a snatch to see how my shoulder handled it. This was after I almost collapsed - lol.

Today is more my type of workout. Strength! We did a swing set with three different weights for 5 sets. Then, 5 exercises with low reps for 5 sets. Lastly, it was snatches on each arm for 10 reps for 5 sets.

These type of exercise is go at your own pace, but not standing around for a really long time between sets. I was actually able to keep up with the woman that usually passes me even if we start at the same time.

Since I am really new to the snatch, I did alternating sets with one arm swings. It was SOOO messy. I am not sure if it was just fatigue or learning a new exercise. I almost think it would have been better with a heavier weight, but I wouldn't have been able to do all the reps.

Another exercise I did for the first time today is called a windmill. I LOVED IT! I want to do more! I actually think it is a good exercise for shoulder stability.

It's been hard to get out of bed this week, but if I don't stop, I'll be at 5 weeks of 3 workouts/week. Only one missed KB class in that time. WOOT!

I broke down and weighed myself last Saturday. I am down 3-4 pounds. I didn't look at it very long, so I am not sure. If that is correct, I am almost to my monthly goal. I am going to try REALLY hard to not weigh in again until the end of the month. It's really hard when pants start fitting looser and you just wanna check......
Old 05-18-2016, 11:35 AM   #79
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbro View Post
Since I am really new to the snatch...
Ah, yes...I remember when I was new to the snatch.

Good times, good times.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:13 PM   #80
bbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Ah, yes...I remember when I was new to the snatch.

Good times, good times.

I KNEW someone would say something like that. I just figured it would be Bruce
Old 05-18-2016, 06:55 PM   #81
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

He might be able to remember at this point. . . .

Might not.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:15 PM   #82
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Actually I thought about it and passed.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:57 AM   #83
bbro

Another killer workout today. I admit, I only did 4 sets of one exercise instead of the prescribed 5. I should've pushed and done the last set - even without weights *SIGH* It's surprising how much an engaged trainer can push you to finish. The one on Wed and Fri is more laid back than the Mon one. No spontaneous encouragement or anything. I mean, I like him, but I kind of want the Mon one more often - lol

I did another new move, today. It's called the high pull. I still haven't "gotten" it yet. I am doing a low weight because it's new, but the hip thrust (*sigh for a different reason*) is too powerful for it, so I am having difficulty controlling it. I should not be actually pulling or pushing the weight with my arm - contrary to the name. It's a ballistic move that should be powered by the hips, instead. I need to learn to control it before moving to a higher weight to prevent injury. It's just frustrating to be TOO strong.

That is one thing I like about this training style - it's about perfection of the move before heavy weights. It doesn't do much good if you are using a heavy weight with poor form. You should be able to do the same move with a low weight with the same precision.

This move is actually a stepping stone for the snatch. I think I might step back and do these in place of the snatch like I was doing with one-handed swing. Just to get more practice and more confidence in the movement

Also, I may nap in my car at some point today. Been up since 4:30 and over an hour workout Maybe Chipotle will help.....
Old 05-20-2016, 11:14 AM   #84
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I know, doing the pull instead of the snatch may not be as satisfying, but much more convenient.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #85
glatt

And always an option.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:12 PM   #86
bbro

Aaaaand I'm done.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:18 PM   #87
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Aaaaand I'm done.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:02 PM   #88
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Aaaaand I'm done.
Coward, how dare you deprive us of imagination fuel, we so fully enjoy and richly deserve.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:15 PM   #89
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
. Snip - -
I did another new move, today. It's called the high pull. I still haven't "gotten" it yet. I am doing a low weight because it's new, but the hip thrust [bold] (*sigh for a different reason*)[/bold] is too powerful for it, so I am having difficulty controlling it. I should not be actually pulling or pushing the weight with my arm - contrary to the name. It's a ballistic move that should be powered by the hips, instead. I need to learn to control it before moving to a higher weight to prevent injury. It's just frustrating to be TOO strong.
... Snip....
Let me guess.

The Time Warp.