Old 11-07-2008, 05:34 AM   #16
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

As long as one of them is 12 or over I dont see that's inconsistent
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:47 AM   #17
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I haven't watched the video because my connection is crappy at present.

If he hasn't seen the kids regularly since twelve years ago, presumably the adults have been estranged that long ... so how come one of the kids is ten? Is it his? I think that is Clodfobble's point.

As an Aussie, I defer to Ali on this one. I know very little about such matters except that what she said sounds right. And she is in a position to know.

I hope everything works out though.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #18
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC
As long as one of them is 12 or over I dont see that's inconsistent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum
If he hasn't seen the kids regularly since twelve years ago, presumably the adults have been estranged that long ... so how come one of the kids is ten?
Right, it's not impossible, it just means that he spent one of his three-visits-in-twelve-years knocking up the mother, whom he had presumably not seen in two years at this point--since the math seems to indicate he became estranged from her when the older child was two, and then the second child was conceived when the older child was four.

There's more to the story here, is all I'm saying.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #19
monster
I hear them call the tide

What made you fall in love with him, Treas?
Old 11-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #20
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I knew a man who got his estranged gf pregnant when he went back to see his two kids. He'd moved about 100 miles away for a new job, and was in the process of severing ties with home because all of a sudden he was considered young, free and single and was loving it. His weekends home went from fortnightly to monthly to occasionally.

He knocked her up for the third time during a guilt visit. He started seeing another woman during the pregnancy, and refused to answer his mobile phone the night his son was born because he knew it was his ex's family and he didn't want it to spoil his new gf's night out. He didn't even see his new son for a month, then went up there with stacks of presents and came back with Proud Daddy photos.

BLEURGH.

Of course I am not saying this is what happened in your case Trea, but do make sure you know the facts, and check them carefully before bringing a new man into your baby girl's life. And make sure you use contraception!

I think that's enough pushing for now.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #21
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I hate those stories. Naughty. Plbbt.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #22
Minx
Layperson

As has been previously pointed out - the Child Support Agency would have contact details for the Mother

The only reason I can imagine for him being denied access or knowledge of their whereabouts would be if there had been violence in the relationship and a Court Order exists to protect the woman an her children

Again...be very careful with Net love affairs..my ex :"fell in love" with a woman, she was everything he dreamed of and was totally besotted. She was pushing for him to go and live in California, he got her to come out here for a visit and quickly discovered that the promise didn't live up to the reality.
Minx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #23
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

That's what I was worried about, that he's nuckin' futz and his privileges were removed.

Something's not right, outside of the fact that he seems like a compulsive liar.

But I'm usually full of it, so don't listen to me.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:06 PM   #24
Bruce 9012
Living in the blast crater

Dump the wanker do right by your children
Bruce 9012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #25
Treasenuak
Multiorgasmic and wrapped in plastic

Why I fell in love with him... He treats me like a princess. He sent me $600 American to help me out of a tough spot. He knows how to make me laugh. He knows the good and the horrible parts of me and accepts and loves me anyways. That's the nutshell version. But if ALL of you are telling me something sounds fishy, I'm sure as hell listening up. Too many people saying the same thing means there's a damn good reason for it.
Treasenuak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:32 PM   #26
monster

we love you, we make you laugh, we think you're worth more than $600. slow down, don't sell yourself short. Don't sell yourself at all, in fact.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #27
monster

(are you really in love with him? really?)
Old 11-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #28
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Note, I am a poor judge of people and I may be wrong.

Help me find my girls.

Other than their first names, I won't describe them in any way.

I saw them a year ago shopping. I won't tell you where. That would make it too easy for you.

They are in the charge of a single mother. I will not reveal any details about this person, although that would confirm the girls' identity for certain. Again, that would make it easier. But no. You need a challenge.

I will mention that, so far, to find them, I have used only methods that any sane person would find ridiculous, such as calling everybody in the phone book, or recording Youtube videos as pleas for help into the ether. This hasn't worked.

I'm not sure why mama believes that a relationship with their father would be a bad idea for these children, I only know that it's unfair to be treated as I have been treated. Here, let me tell you about how unfair it is, rather than give you details that might help you find my children.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:16 AM   #29
Treasenuak
Multiorgasmic and wrapped in plastic

Monster: A week ago, I would have said yes, unequivocally. Now, I'm not sure. There have been some things said in recent conversations that are really making me wonder about him.

Undertoad: Excellent points. Now debating whether to point that out to him or just leave it alone.
Treasenuak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:00 AM   #30
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I am a poor judge of people and I may be wrong.

Why use methods that wouldn't work. The strangest bit of the video is where he considers trying a missing persons report. This too wouldn't work - the cops wouldn't take it, because they aren't actually missing.

But then, that same day, he sees them live in person. Firstly this seems very weirdly coincidental. "I was going to file a missing persons report but then I saw them." It seems invented. It doesn't stop you from filing a missing persons report, either. My next question would be, in such a state of desperation, why would you not approach them?

What a chance to ask mama why no contact allowed, if it's a mystery. Or to collect further information, perhaps from the girls themselves? Or for just a longer moment of contact out of a decade of time? Would it be a public spectacle? Well, to have a chance to see and interact with one's children, you'd take that risk, wouldn't you? You'd pretty much leave the car in the middle of the parking lot and run at full speed wouldn't you?

He would have had to be in a position where he was close enough to identify them, although he hasn't seen them in years - and, therefore, close enough to find and track them, even in a crowd. So Treas, if I were you, I would ask this question - why didn't you approach them - and then try to figure out whether the answer is plausible.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote