The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 07-31-2016, 09:58 AM   #3586
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
After a two-minute freefall, Luke Aikins landed dead
perhaps not the best phrasing...
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 12:57 PM   #3587
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
Why would anyone want to do that?
Suicidal, but can't go through with it.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:20 PM   #3588
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

So he could brag about his net worth.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:40 PM   #3589
Pamela
Deplorable

Adrenaline junkies do a lot of strange things.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:19 PM   #3590
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
So he could brag about his net worth.
We sees what you did there.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:52 PM   #3591
sexobon

Q: What's his net worth?

A: About the same as his golden parachute.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:48 AM   #3592
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

I briefly considered posting this in Idiot Of The Day but I think that the poor chap has suffered enough, however his surname provides added comic value.

Quote:
New father given piles op by mistake

A first-time father in China has learnt a painful lesson about trusting doctors after he was taken by mistake for a haemorrhoid operation as he waited for his wife to give birth.

The 29-year-old man, identified only by his surname, Wang, was waiting on Monday in a corridor by the surgical ward of a hospital in Shenyang, northeast China. His wife was preparing for a caesarean section and fathers in China are typically excluded from births.

After waiting less than an hour Mr Wang was beckoned in but did not hear clearly what the doctor said. He wondered why the husband of a woman having a baby should need to drop his trousers and get on an operating table, but did as instructed.

“Maybe I just know too little, and I’m afraid of being laughed at for ignorance if I ask more questions,” he said to the Chinese Business Morning View.

Although he was given an anaesthetic Mr Wang, who did not know he had haemorrhoids, said he had pain and difficulty walking after the surgery. He was also frustrated by being unable to help his wife with their new baby.

The hospital explained that Mr Wang had been mistaken by doctors for another man. He has been offered £500 compensation, but his family have consulted lawyers and may sue.
The article was in The Times and is behind Uncle Rupert's paywall but The Register has its own take on the subject.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:40 PM   #3593
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

‘Criminal Minds’: Thomas Gibson Fired in Wake of On-Set Altercation

Name:  tg.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  18.9 KB

The first article I read said he was suspended for two shows. Now he's fired. How do ya fire the star of the show?!

Old 08-12-2016, 06:20 PM   #3594
sexobon

They had no choice when they found out he was a polygamist leading a double life and cheating on Dharma.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:26 PM   #3595
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
"Hey Tom, haveaniceweekendyou'refired!"
Old 08-14-2016, 09:43 AM   #3596
Snakeadelic
Banned

They fired him because he KICKED a writer during the filming of an episode he was directing. None of the stories I've seen so far mention where or how hard the writer got kicked, just that Gibson lost his temper over "creative differences".
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:45 AM   #3597
sexobon

I read that he kicked the person in the shin. Perhaps it was a case of Olimpick fever!
Old 08-14-2016, 01:10 PM   #3598
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
I read that he kicked the person in the shin. Perhaps it was a case of Olimpick fever!
In his autobiography, John Muir describes a similar game he played as a child in Scotland. The boys would face off toe to toe and grasp each other's left forearm then using their free hand they would beat one another on the shins until one cried uncle.

He claims this, and other deprivations gave him the mental fortitude to withstand the difficulties he encountered during his travels.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:15 AM   #3599
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

That's weird: Impatient BMW driver brings out the 'wurst' in pedestrian

Quote:
BERLIN — An angry pedestrian in Germany dented a luxury vehicle after huring a foot-long bologna at the BMW, saying it was going too fast and endangering his son.

Police in the eastern city of Neubrandenburg said the sausage strife broke out over the weekend when the 49-year-old man and his 8-year-old son were crossing the street.

As a 47-year-old BMW driver tried to scoot quickly into a nearby parking spot, the pedestrian yelled “stop” but after the car didn’t slow, he threw the sausage he was carrying at it.

The bologna triumphed over Bavarian engineering, leaving a small dent in the BMW’s back right door.

Police said the pedestrian is suspected of causing property damage.

The bologna was not seized as evidence.
That's one hell of an over engineered sausage, or BMW construction standards have slipped.

LINK
Old 08-18-2016, 03:50 PM   #3600
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

My bologna has a first name,
it's B A V A R...