The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #916
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Until tonight I thought it was skin deep.
Tonight the sharp pains are definitely muscular, but still feel close to the surface if that makes any sense.

Even now, lying on the bed with the laptop propped up against my bended knees I can feel it, and it feels like a burn. When I move it will really twinge and make me swear. I keep cecking the skin execting to see shiny scar tissue, which I have cracked by moving and is now weeping. But it looks totally normal. It must be underneath.

Sorry, I'm confused about it myself so I'm probably not making any sense.
Need a massage?
Old 11-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #917
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
go to the doc sg. If it's that painful you should have it seen to.
It's been a nuisance rather than a bad pain up until now. I'll see how it feels tomorrow, if it hurts this much I am definitely going. I'm hoping tonight is its swan song though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Need a massage?
Actually I need a painkiller. Just taken one - I can't believe didn't think of that until I was framing a reply to your post! The Cellar is so useful
Old 11-12-2007, 06:11 PM   #918
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

SG, could it be a pinched nerve, or maybe a muscle spasm?
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:15 PM   #919
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

ok, I was going to post this before but decided against it at the time, but I've decided to go ahead and post it anyway.

I don't know if this happens to other chicks, but at certain times during my monthly cycle, I've noticed that the nerves around my upper thighs and groin area seem to become what I'd describe as hyper sensitive to the point where I need to be a bit gentle about how I move etc because it kind of hurts and even though it's the nerves that're causing it, it sometimes feels like it's deeper than the surface. Normally this is about a week before I'm due.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #920
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I had a doctor tell me once, a long time ago, that pains like that were due to a mild vitamin C deficiency (basically you have a greater need for it than normal at that time.) But I never could tell a big difference between when I took the vitamins and when I didn't, so maybe she was full of crap.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:24 PM   #921
Aliantha

Hmmm...I'm glad it's not just me then.

I'll try taking vitamin C next time it happens and see what happens. It doesn't happen every time, so I guess it kind of makes sense that it could be a deficiency.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #922
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I had a doctor tell me once, a long time ago, that pains like that were due to a mild vitamin C deficiency (basically you have a greater need for it than normal at that time.) But I never could tell a big difference between when I took the vitamins and when I didn't, so maybe she was full of crap.
Are you saying that she needed a laxative?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #923
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Choclatl - reading up on it, it does sound like a pinched nerve.
Damn, I don't want to rest it!
Maybe I will go to the docs and get the diagnoses confirmed - better than not going to the gym on a whim.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #924
monster
I hear them call the tide

Fucking Everything. areshole bastard gits. And why does nobody stop me from taking so much on? why does nobody else step up? grumfuckingumble.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #925
Aliantha

I know how you feel monster. You kow you'll feel better about it tomorrow though right?
Old 11-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #926
monster
I hear them call the tide

mebbe
might take a few more days -still got to deal with the backlash of what didn't get done today.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:43 AM   #927
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

When I woke up this morning the pain was all but gone and I felt silly about being so worried last night. However when I bent to pick up a towel after my bath it gave an almighty twang and I realised it was best to get it checked out.

So I'm not going to the gym today (booooo!) and have an appointment for 09.10 tomorrow.

As soon as I've finished this cup of tea (and taken the beans and lentils off simmer) I'll go and do my fortnightly shop. Which I hope will cheer me up - very down today and finding it hard to get going.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:44 AM   #928
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

*hugs SG* up days and down days honey, they come and more importantly they go.

I recommend soaking in a warm bath this evening to ease the pain btw. Preferably having taken an ibuprofen twenty mins prior :P

I have the next meeting (battle) tomorrow evening. Which means this afternoon is going to be filled with phone calls and stress atthe thought of any of my people suddenly dropping out or getting ill. Rang D last night to run a couple of ideas past him and he was (yes, you guessed it) on his sofa, under a duvet groggy as fuck with a nasty sounding cold. 'Bout ten mins before I phoned him I was thinking "Shit, my throat feels tickly, and that was about my twentieth sneeze of the evening, I just did...."

Woke up this moning to discover some bastard's been sandpapering my throat whilst i was alseep. Whoever it was kindly deposited a drill at the back of my right eye and I think it's slipped down into my sinuses now.

Cannot (and I really can't emphasise the imperative enough here) be fucking ill this week! Nor can D, come to that. How many others of my lot are currently sinking into miserable colds, at this very moment? *mutters to self and shuffles off to dose up on caffeine*
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:55 AM   #929
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Ah, but Dana, how many of the other lot are also sinking into a miserable cold?
Chicken soup and sleep where you can.
If Ripley/Dana doesn't stop this bully guy ... who will?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:13 AM   #930
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Tuesday can be Monday when Monday is a holiday.

My computer was blank this morning. IT came and looked at it and took it to the IT hospital.

I can't get into terminal server to do anything on this computer.

Student worker: "Um, this student said they filled out their MPN at the beginning of the semester and someone told her that her check would be here this week and we just got her MPN on the 6th but they turned in everything...." (fade to my brain voice saying "I turned everything in in 1987 why isn't it processed" and my other brain voice arguing that they always say it was a hundred years ago when often it was yesterday) and I had to tell her to take a number and our loan person would have to look into it because I can't do a damn thing on this computer!

Argh.

Thank you. You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

[/work rant]

oh, and I've had a "sick" headache for three days and I'm not getting over this illness and I'm starting to suspect SARS or e-coli or bubonic plague and I wish I'd just get sick as hell and get it over with because my life sucks anyway (now I better go find something that's making me happy and post it in the other thread...hmmm, what's going good right now? Money? No. Relationship? No. Work? No. My efforts at a positive attitude? No. Coffee's good though. I like coffee!)

Last edited by Shawnee123; 11-13-2007 at 08:17 AM. Reason: add to bitching
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss