The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #901
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I don't think it matters how you word it. It all adds up to a large group of regulars from one forum going to another.

For what purpose? To have the same discussions there as here? To meet new people maybe? Trying to recruit more posters for this site?

What really was the purpose?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #902
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Honestly? I think it was just supposed to be for shits and giggles. It seems to have turned out to be rather more full of the former than the latter.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #903
Aliantha

ok, well what was the source of the intended humour? Seeing them get the shits at a bunch of newbies all coming from the same place? Expecting them to just laugh and be glad a whole heap of weirdo's from another site came and upset the equillibrium of their forum?

Isn't that exactly what's happened here?

eta: I'm not meaning this to be directed at you Dana. It's just that you're the one answering the questions, and they're ones I've been thinking about ever since I first saw that safari thread the lumberjim posted. I'm just not surprised at how it's all turned out.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #904
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Well. We were returning the jape. As their safari had actually proved quite amusing. And it seemed an interesting idea.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #905
glatt

I like Jim. I think he's a genuinely good guy. You can point to many things that show this, but the most obvious are all the community building things he's done like the car and the t-shirts. Another thing about Jim is that he's a mischievous joker. It sometimes rubs people the wrong way. I've seen people criticize him numerous times over the years, and he always stands up to them. We even have memes devoted to it, "my sister died on 9/11." His humor is welcome, as far as I'm concerned.

I saw BigV criticize Jim recently, and said nothing because I've seen it numerous times before, and thought Jim didn't need defending. I'm still confused about why it's a big deal this time. If he was kind of expecting to be defended, then I'm sorry I didn't speak up to say that he's a good guy.

I don't generally get involved in conflict. Don't want to pick sides. But I think it's worth saying that Jim's a good guy. I hope you both come back. We lost LabRat, and don't need to lose another pair of pillars.

I'm still a little bewildered by much of this. I'm guessing it's partially because I don't do chat. I get the feeling that a lot goes on in chat that I don't see.

I hope you both come back. But maybe that makes me a taker.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:36 PM   #906
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
They started it
(They invaded Poland)
Were they invited?
Was punch served?

/obscure

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #907
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

A few people had my back in the very first dramatic Tiki thread, which precedes everything. Tiki had about 5 big fuck-you posts calling me the worst she could come up with. I wound up not just a "fucking bad person", but rather, "a completely worthless waste of humanity." She sprayed a torrent of liquid shit at me.

S123, DanaC, Moar and Flint, and a few others, "had my back" with statements about how Tiki should not have attacked me in such an abrasive way.

LJ had one-liners trying to poke Tiki in humorous ways. Jinx had nothing.

But it was OK! I actually secretly enjoyed being given the huge FUCK YOU posts. I just make my case best I can, and let people decide what they think. Wacky feisty bitch, I thought, this is actually fun, a little, someone who wants to flame the shit out of me. Nobody has flamed the shit out me for a few years, they all treat me differently here, that's actually not what I really prefer. So bring it on!

And, I thought, at the end of the year we'll all look back with a sort of satisfaction -- that was a really feisty whack-job bitch wasn't it, but she was fun for a while, man it takes all kinds.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #908
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
very second, maybe.

http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19826
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:59 PM   #909
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Ah yes. I didn't participate in that thread because it seemed to be about people participating in some different forum. Not my forum, not my business.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:02 AM   #910
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

fuck all this.

tiki is a troll. she was consciously trying to drive a wedge in among us. I recognize that.

it was simply illuminating to me that people would let her allegations stand.....for whatever reason...apathy, or fear of conflict...or agreement.....whatever.

I have more of an issue with people like dar and bigV that want to judge me based on their perception that I'm some kind of thug running amok in the church choir.

I can't actually fault them, because I've spent so many posts saying
'eat a dick' and 'cock' and calling people crazy........

I just have been re-examining the effort i put into this board.

what do I get out of it in exchange for the effort I put into it? Is it equitable?.....

please keep in mind that I'm just some dickhole in PA that does not effect your day to day.

also!

Cloud, I see you and hope you are doing well.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #911
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
15,000 again.....wiseass mods.
What? Who? What are you talking about?
Old 06-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #912
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

The troll asked me to delete two of her threads and I did, an LJ post must have been in there.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:47 AM   #913
NoBoxes

I just picked up where I left off reading this thread 24 hours and SIX PAGES ago! Now I have a request: can I be banned for 3 minutes so I can go to the bathroom?
Old 06-05-2009, 03:09 AM   #914
Aliantha

Jim, I think most people here really appreciate the efforts you go to, so try and keep that in mind. I'm surprised that you of all people have let someone get to you like this regardless of the fact that she was just the catalyst to it all coming out.

You and I have had our differences and continue to do so constantly it seems, but I think you're an important member of this group and you will be sorely missed if you decide it's not worth it to you anymore. Not everyone gets your humour, and there are those of us who don't appreciate it, but we're far outnumbered by the people who do.

Besides, I can't believe there's someone else on here you find more annoying than me.

So just suck it up and get on with doing what you do best.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:10 AM   #915
Aliantha

Oh...and EAD when you're done.