The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-13-2017, 10:47 PM   #10816
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

The docs think maybe whiplash, btw, from the fall when he passed out at the store a few weeks ago.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:24 PM   #10817
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

You, will get over it.

I'm a tiny bit sorry for you, I know that shit is super stressful.

MomDigr and PopDigr, welcome home.

Watch yer asses.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:24 AM   #10818
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Glad everything is cool.
See, you should have eaten, now you're drinking on an empty stomach, and going to be even madder in the morning.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:40 AM   #10819
Griff
still says videotape

I'm glad there is a decent explanation. Parents can be damned frustrating, but love them while you have them.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #10820
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I have no feet. They are shin deep in parent ass.

Now I can't enter the ass-kicking contest.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:47 PM   #10821
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
I'm glad there is a decent explanation. Parents can be damned frustrating, but love them while you have them.
There is no decent explanation for not informing me of what is going on. I can understand not wanting every Tom, Dick, & Harry to know your bidness, but...They are my parents. They live in my house. I think I'm entitled to know if they're in ill health.

They didn't know what to say when I started in this morning. That's probably the worst I've ever spoke to Popdigr. Momdigr? Oh, we've went 'round and 'round.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:05 PM   #10822
glatt

Did they seem to get it once you were done?

It'd be a shame if they didn't understand after you went through all the trouble of making a foot deposit in their asses.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:35 PM   #10823
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Why is it suddenly so dark, and what the fuck is that smell?
Old 02-14-2017, 02:48 PM   #10824
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post

Haggis!

Sent by magic.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:30 PM   #10825
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Nice hat, ass.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:21 PM   #10826
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Sorry I missed all this. Glad they are OK.
did a little of that when my dad has his fall.. Grrrrrrrrrr
Old 02-15-2017, 09:07 PM   #10827
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

in other news...

I'm upset that the annual ordeal of reauthorizing my mom's living situation is in a state of fourth degree fuckery.

Mom had a stroke many years ago and has since been living in an assisted living facility not long after she moved to Seattle. Every year, there is a resubmission of the paperwork and justifying documentation to stay in the tiny studio (bed and bath) where she lives. For many years, the reauthorization was just a hassle, find the paperwork from the Office of Personnel Management (sent to my house), make copies, send to the state Department of Human Services, schedule her caseworker evaluation, wait for the wheels to turn, then done.

That's the 50,000 foot level. Each step can go sideways fifty different ways. Mom can't speak, for example. This is an everlasting complication, for everybody. Case workers, care givers, children, everybody. She has two annuities, one for her and one as a survivor of my Dad. She doesn't get Social Security. She has health insurance, but ... heh. As you can imagine, that's been complicated. I could go on but I'm too tired and I just want to drink and cry.

I got a call today from the caseworker saying that her case has been closed. Yay. um, not yay, closed and denied. Because the paperwork for her annuities has not been submitted. This particular detail has been fucked up several ways. Too many cooks in the kitchen (me and my sister). Cooks leaving the kitchen with food on the fire (sister leaving the area and going radio silent) -- an aside -- I don't get along with my sisters very well. We're all a bunch of hard headed smarter than thou passive aggressive I-can-do-it-without-you assholes. Sadly, it's Mom that suffers. Anyhow.

I'm left dealing with it this year and when I moved, I neglected to change Mom's mailing address when I changed mine. Fuck. Dealing with the OPM is an exercise in bureaucratic frustration in the best of times, but dealing with them on behalf of someone else is extra super stupid difficult. Get Mom's PoE, you say? Not as easy as that, and I quote:

Quote:
Power of Attorney. OPM does not recognize Power of Attorney
it says that in a lot of places, especially the places where I would be doing business.

anyhow, I'm retyping this post after losing part of it so I'm gonna limit my losses here.

Dealing with the paperwork and the caseworkers and the websites and my Mom who doesn't really understand it but gets the worried vibe, fuck. I'm just tired. Now I have to file a petition for a fair hearing to see if I can stop her eviction. Wish me luck.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:25 PM   #10828
glatt

What a nightmare.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:03 PM   #10829
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Fuck, man. I wish the best to all the Dwellar parents out there.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:07 PM   #10830
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Agreed, nightmare. If you had worked hard and became a multimillionaire, even after your ex and lawyers took 70%, you could avoid this shit and give your sister the bird. Maybe bought the Seahawks too.

Tags
swiss