The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #8311
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Oh UT, that's so hard for you. Pearl is such a sweetie! My thoughts are with you.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #8312
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Ach damn UT, I feel for you, I do. It's a hard place to be, seeing it coming from a distance. And it is natural and helpful (I think) to future pace grief in that way. Almost like trying it out a little at a time.

But right now, she's still with you. And she's a happy little dog, despite the health problems. Hard as it is, try not to let the sadness of what is coming eclipse the happiness that's still there.

*hugs* to you both.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #8313
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Sorry about Pearl, UT.
Some good advice above though.

Today I am upset about a real life issue (ie not something that happened on the Cellar or involves any Dwellar).

I tried to talk to someone today about health issues and concerns. Only to get a rather hostile response. I knew about most of it, but they had kept some things back. I always ask about their health and have a good idea about appointments and procedures coming up. So to get a passive-aggressive "attack" when I was trying to keep up to date was pretty horrible.

I didn't let it escalate of course. The person in question does have more to worry about than me, and has been hiding more problems and for longer. But I came away bruised and feeling worse about myself emotionally. My only consolation is that they felt a bit better afterwards. At least better than they would have done if I had shouted, "Why didn't you fucking tell me, I'm not psychic!"

I didn't get on to my own (minor) health worries.
Didn't seem the right time to raise them.
And reassurance and sympathy were obviously Sold Out.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #8314
limey

Passive agressive is always horrible, so sneaky. I hope you're doing OK, SG. How's Diz?
Old 10-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #8315
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Kudos to you, SG. Maybe that person couldn't help taking misery out on you today, for reasons you don't know. It takes a big heart to take the brunt like that. But please don't feel worse about yourself. Any imputation that you should've been psychic was wrong, and another time you could quietly call him/her on it.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #8316
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

we love you Sundae. ''''Lots!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #8317
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Seems like almost everyone's got something to be upset about lately. Not a lot I can really say to add to the rest, but I hope things turn out for the best. xxx
Old 10-13-2012, 05:15 AM   #8318
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Cheers people. Today I feel much better about it of course. Last night was the trough.

Diz had his qualified all-clear from the vet yesterday. After a course of antibiotics, painkillers and surgical wash for bathing. Although I am warned to keep an eye on it, as it's not completely healed, so the wash is to continue and he mustn't go out (the easiest part of the routine to follow).

Luckily the boy is such a gannet that giving him pills is never a problem. Break them in half, roll them in Philedelphia and the only worry is he will bite my fingers off thinking they are part of the deal.

Still concerned about December though, financially. I have to make a decision in the next two weeks whether I can come or not, as you'll need to make alternate plans re accommodation and selling my ticket. All the money I saved went to pay off Diz's vets bills, and I still owe more, as well as having to find money to pay for Christmas dinner. Have applied all over the place for Christmas work but nothing back as yet.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #8319
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
you'll need to make alternate plans re accommodation and selling my ticket.
seeing as I already have the bitch of the year/decade award on here.. Shouldn't it be you making plans to sell your ticket? And the accommodation thing... you spearheaded it, you have responsibility. Step up!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #8320
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Yeah, ya know, just not fucking helpful really.

Not your job to police how Sundae interacts with her friends. Speaking as one of those friends, I don't much appreciate the intervention.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #8321
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

um...er...I think Sundae meant the accommodations would have to be changed since there would be two and not three and 'selling my ticket' is something that she herself is planning on doing as in "should I sell my ticket or not?"

that's how I read it.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #8322
monster
I hear them call the tide

Yeah you're right I'm sure. Sorry. I shouldn't be interacting with anyone right now.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #8323
limey

I bought the ticket for Sundae and gave it to her as a late birthday present. It's not helpful to make Sundae feel any worse then she does already when all she's trying to do is be financially responsible by paying back her parents for cat meds. I'll sell it if I have to but I'd rather keep a hold of it in case Sundae can cone to Glasgow after all.

Sent by thought transference.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #8324
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Eva is constipated. Poor little thing. It's upsetting her more than me really, but it means she's not really settling very well this morning. Oh well. I'm sure it'll all come out sooner or later. Probably in a massive nappy blast. lol
Old 10-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #8325
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Eva is constipated. Poor little thing. It's upsetting her more than me really, but it means she's not really settling very well this morning. Oh well. I'm sure it'll all come out sooner or later. Probably in a massive nappy blast. lol
Pic's or it didn't happen.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss