The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 08-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #331
bbro
Insert witty comment here

I had oven baked chicken tenders and throw together pasta salad. Sooooo good Might have it again tomorrow! Well, the pasta salad anyways. I think the chicken is all good.....maybe a turkey sandwich
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #332
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Cornflakes this morning. I think they're going a bit stale - I haven't had them for quite a while.

Mum keeps eating my bananas, which is fair enough as I let them go over and anyway I don't really pay my way here. It's just ironic that on the mornings I feel up for a frozen berry shake (the 'nana adds bulk, I can't taste it) I come down to an empty banana tree and "banana's" [sic] on the shopping list.

We have a surfeit of eggs at the moment.
Might have scrambled tomorrow.
Unlikely, my stomach doesn't wake up until about 10.00. Nice thought though.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #333
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

If the only thing you eat them in is a frozen shake, you should freeze your bananas! It's important to peel them first. When you're ready to use one, just let it thaw a tiny bit, or stick it in a microwave for about 10 seconds, and then the blender should be able to handle it, no problem.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #334
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

"My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana. I said 'No, but I want a regular banana later, so... yeah.'"

-- Mitch Hedberg
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #335
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Frozen bananas eh?
Not a bad idea. I might even slice them first, so I don't have to have a whole banana at a time. Mum can also help herself as she only ever has them sliced on her cereal and does occasionally leave half a 'nana in the fridge for the next day.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #336
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Microwave burrito(s), Doritos, Ginger Ale. RFN.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #337
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

You're my hero.

I had oreo cookies and milk.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:55 AM   #338
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I haven't had it yet.
I have a craving for something and I don't know what it is.

Oh I lie. I did have a glass of milk with strawberry syrup to wash down my meds.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #339
bbro

Turkey, colby jack and bacon sandwich on a toasted everything bagel. I heated up the turkey in the same pan after the bacon was done - without the grease. On the side, cherries and coleslaw - OH YEA!
Old 08-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #340
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbro View Post
Turkey, colby jack and bacon sandwich on a toasted everything bagel...On the side, cherries and coleslaw - OH YEA!
I think a run to Subway might be in order this afternoon.

I've never had cherries and coleslaw. Cherries in the coleslaw? Sounds kinda good.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #341
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Do not soil cherries with coleslaw. PLEASE.
Won't somebody think of the children?
Old 08-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #342
bbro

lol - the children are safe Sundae - the cherries and coleslaw were separate. I even had the cherries in a separate bowl.

Grav - I like my coleslaw simple - cabbage, carrots, maybe onions and dressing. There was a couple recipes for cherry salsa that I want to try though.

Today I had egg salad on homemade bread (that I forgot to add the butter to) and pretzels. Can you tell I will eat anything for breakfast
Old 08-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #343
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Watching Man Vs Food (not an impeccable source I will admit) I noted that "slaw" in some places looked like chopped cabbage and carrot. Given that my main issue with coleslaw is the flavour of the sauce, perhaps I am being too picky. I could easily eat cherries with cabbage and carrots, if sliced thinly.

I also note that it is cherry season with you now (from the sign in Thame market advertising American Cherry's). We have such a short season here. Not only does it make me feel bad to buy imported for ecological/ patriotic reasons, I also believe fruit that has to come from halfway around the world (Chile is usual for cherries) can never be as good as something freshly picked.

Penny, my cherry tree, gave me one cherry this year. But she's a baby and one cherry was a bonus. I will sing to her next year to encourage growth. I will rate my singing by the fruit she produces. I'm not telling her I know where the secateurs are - too much pressure.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #344
bbro

I bought the cherries because they are on sale - I have no clue where they come from. Bad me - I never pay attention to where my vegetables and fruits come from. If they are on sale at a reasonable price, I get them.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #345
monster
I hear them call the tide

Northern Michigan produces lots of cherries. They are in season right now, although I think the hot dry summer may have affected crops a little. On vacation in Wisconsin the "local produce" stores were getting all excited about Michigan Cherries just in...... Can't imagine how Chile has similar weather/growing conditions.

For breakfast we had crepes. The adults had them filled with mushrooms and cheese, and they were yummy.