The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-20-2005, 07:16 PM   #31
seakdivers
Icy Queen

Hey Jane Says... are you a Jane's Addiction fan?
seakdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:47 PM   #32
staceyv
Lecturer

I like it because it's not full of teenagers, the people are mostly intelligent and witty, um, and that's it.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:03 PM   #33
Pie
Gone and done

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbaton
I keep on posting, and posting, and posting, and nobody here freakin' reads me.
Whew, I thought that just applied to me. I started calling myself "the Thread-Killer". Okay, who else here has self-esteem issues? Wolf, do you want to moderate?
Old 09-20-2005, 09:16 PM   #34
ashke
Don't look at me!

What keeps me lurking here? The people the people the people. ^_^

IotD and the Cellar taglines I keep coming back for too.

The Cellar banzai!
ashke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:55 PM   #35
BigMcLargeHuge
cold whack fashizzel

It's the smell. I love it. DO you smell that? man! what a great smell.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:08 AM   #36
lookout123
changed his status to single

howdy all - apparently it is a thread that i started that draws me back. i haven't been around lately as i've been busy with little lookout. the little bugger has been pretty sick and the doc can't figure it out. he has had between a 99 and 104 degree temp for nearly a month and a sinus infection that won't give up. one round of amoxicillin barely put a dent in it before it came back stronger than before. he's had chest xrays, sinus xrays, blood tests, urine tests, strep tests, mono tests... pretty much everything but a calculus test.

everything has come back negative - except for a sinus infection. the doc says "there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with him - other than he spikes 103.5 every other night." the doc is good, attentive, and proactively seeking answers - so it isn't that the doc isn't interested in looking for the cause - it's just that we haven't found it yet.

LL was born a month premie after spending 5 months being held in by a circlage that forced my wife into 24/7 bedrest (5 months!) during that time she was in constant labor, so they had to pump her full of steroids and other fun stuff to strengthen his lungs as quickly as possible so that if he came out too early he had a fighting chance. he has minor allergies, and minor asthma but has been otherwise healthy. until now.

so there you have - why i come back to the cellar. the ability to disappear for extended periods of time, drop back in, vent, and get back on with life. i have to go rock my son now.
lookout123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:11 AM   #37
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie
Whew, I thought that just applied to me. I started calling myself "the Thread-Killer". Okay, who else here has self-esteem issues? Wolf, do you want to moderate?
[just]I don't think you're worth it.[/kidding]

*very evil grin*

(I'm a professional, kids. Don't try this at home.)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:13 AM   #38
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
i have to go rock my son now.
Blessings, hugs, and healing. I'll keep LL and your family in my prayers.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 09-21-2005, 09:49 AM   #39
undone
work in progess

I am keeping you and yours in my prayer too Lookout. Stay positive he will get through this and be okay. From a mom of 3 girls...Amoxicillin sucks. It does nothing. He is so little they probably don't want to try anything stronger but it sounds like this sinus infection needs a bit stronger medicine to kick it's ass. Keep us posted.

I come back here for the abuse. The people in my everday life make me feel relatively smart. I need to come here for my reality check.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:04 AM   #40
Hobbs
Professor for the school of ass-clownery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie
I'm with you. that's what keeps me coming back. The hopes that someday *sigh* someone will answer one of my witty posts with a laughing smiley face.

That and I come here for the music.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:33 AM   #41
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Man. I know that the IotD brought me here when I was still living in Vegas. That was Pre LJ and during the last dying throes of Dave-ness.

I lurked for a few months, then got my toes wet and was promptly smacked down. I tried to quit once, tried the "alternate name" thing (for about 2 posts), and then found my balance.

I come back because:

.all of the different points of view in one place.
.so many people know so much more than I do about lots of stuff, and I try to learn from them.
.someone usually has it worse than me, and I can lend an encouraging word
.when I need some support or advice, folks here will usually offer me an encouraging word, or at least their opinion.
.there is an ignore function.
.there are no avatars.
.UT isn't one of those admins that you have to agree with (which I respect the hell out of and appreciate)
.I have no RL friends.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:49 AM   #42
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Well.....I appear to have wandered back into the Cellar again :P Lookout, hope the doctors figure it out soon and put your mind at rest.

I just come here for the sex and the drugs.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:05 AM   #43
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I thought you brought them.

Old 09-21-2005, 03:58 PM   #44
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Why do I come back here? I'm not sure...where the hell am I, anyway?

Keeping up the good vibes for healing for the little one...
Old 09-21-2005, 04:19 PM   #45
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I come here because I like you guys. You know, except for Pie. Nobody likes Pie! (Pie, that's a joke, coz I like you, too,

the only person I have it out for is SteveDallas as I have NOT forgotten his slavish adherence to grammar issues in another thread.

And, Lookout, I will send along good vibes, too, and I did wonder where the hell you'd gone.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum

Last edited by Trilby; 09-21-2005 at 04:22 PM.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote