Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2017, 09:55 PM   #1
chrisinhouston
Professor

Science Fair

This is like the 10th kid/offspring I have helped with a SF project. I personally think it is important, science is so important. I helped my 5 kids and now I am the go-to guy for the grand kids because bother parents work full time and never seem to get it fit in to their schedules... don't get me going about that.

So my 10 year old granddaughter is in 4th grade and it is mandatory to do a project. I let her choose after going to multiple websites with ideas. She chose a project where you bake several cookie recipes and the hypothesis is to try to guess which will be the best recipe.

So we baked today. We did the Toll House CC recipe, a peanut butter CC recipe and a peppermint CC recipe. Chocolate chips are the similarity here. I suggested a blind taste test using family members who we only identify as "taster 1" or #taster 2". They had to wear a blindfold, courtesy of one of my United airlines first class amenity kits that come with eye covers for sleeping, etc.

I really enjoyed seeing my GD so excited. We started yesterday with shopping, we used a lot of ingredients in the pantry that needed using as well as some new ingredients. She had to add fractions of cups of flour and other ingredients to see if we had enough. She was very excited to bake all 3 recipes today and later we did the blind taste test. I took lots of pictures that will go in her notebook and on her SF project board.

It was a good day.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote