The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-22-2007, 06:34 AM   #721
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I sympathize with you Ib. I come from a long line of antacid poppers. I had an endoscopy last year. It's a piece of cake, and they'll give you some good drugs there.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:44 AM   #722
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Awwwww Ibby, that sounds really unpleasant.

Hope you are feeling better soon.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:12 AM   #723
Ibby
erika

The worst part of it is, mi madre won't let me stay home from school even though im just about dying. She says, I can either go to school or get checked into the hospital. Well, fuck that then.
But daaamn... it hurts.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:10 AM   #724
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Today is all about things going wrong.

Yesterday when I was at the gym I asked at Reception what time Water Workout was today. It's usually 13.00, but I thought I'd best check as it has an asterisk next to it saying Term Time Only and this is Half Term holidays. explained my reason for asking to the lady, she checked the computer and said, "No it's still on at 13.00."

So I turn up today at 12.50 only to find it starts at 12.30. The lady yesterday shouldn't have checked the system, but instead got the folder from the back of Reception and looked it up on the laminates. So today is now a rest day.

And I got a letter through from the Council. Three months after making my claim they advise me that I am entitled to Housing Benefit. Nothing about Council Tax Benefit but I can only assume another letter will follow regarding that. They will pay £180 a month towards my £230 rent. So I checked online to see if I could get any further help to make up the difference, and nothing made much sense. I called the dedicated claims line (freephone number) and the man I spoke to was very confused - I am getting Income Support at present, even though I claimed Incapacity Benefit (basically sick pay). He advised I called my local Job Centre. Which I did - they denied being able to help at all as it's an issue re payments and advised I call Job Centre Plus (in Belfast). Which I did. The man on that line told me the claim had been cleared. What? Oh apparently there's a note on my file to say it's been cleared (never did find out what cleared meant) but they can't proceed until Income Support has been reclaimed.

I asked - does this mean I was overpaid Income Support? Will I receive less on Incapacity Benefit? How much do I have to repay? He couldn't answer any of these questions, he could just read the notes out to me (re case cleared etc). He said as the most recent note on the file was on Friday they probably wouldn't be able to do anything for at least a week while it was being processed. So I asked was it worth calling Income Support? "I doubt they'll have looked at it yet but it can't hurt," said he. Hurt my phone bill actually.

So I left it with the agreement that I would wait a week and call Income Support to see if they can shed any light.

And I'm going to Art Therapy this afternoon and the idea scares me. Walking into a group full of strangers (with mental problems) and having to do things and make choices and be the new girl.

ETA - wouldn't you know it? I called the centre this morning re Art Therapy, just to check it was still going ahead today. The lady seemed surprised I'd asked and said she couldn't see any reason why not. I explained it was my first time and I'd been advised to call but she reiterated there was no reason it should not be going ahead. Fast forward to this afternoon - the tutor doesn't attend during school holidays. A member of the class is left the key to the store cupboard and the members get on with their projects. Not really a suitable session for a new starter.

Shoulda stayed in bed today.
Sorry, just venting.

Last edited by Sundae; 10-22-2007 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Update
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:25 AM   #725
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Headaches every fucking day for I don't know how long now.
About a month ago I was getting borderline migranes almost daily. Turns out, I was on a bacon binge (BLT's, then used leftover bacon to flavor several different meals that I ate as leftovers for awhile). Stopped the bacon, and wha-la, no more headaches.

Although it never bothered me before, it apparently now does. Sodium benzoate gives a good friend of mine migranes...and it's in a lot of places.

Something dietary perhaps?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:25 PM   #726
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
They will pay £180 a month towards my £230 rent.
That's about standard for housing benefit SG. They work to what is referred to as 'fair rent assessment'. That means they have an idea of what they consider to be fair rent for any given area and property, trouble is the fair rent assessment doesn't actually match what is usually charged in an area: unless you are living in low rent accomodation, such as a housing assoc. (council) house. It's usually standard that if you are in the private sector you will end up paying about £5-£15 p/wk towards your rent. They also take account of room numbers. So if for instance you put down that you use the living room, the kitchen, a bedroom and a bathroom, they may say that you are only really entitled to the cost of studio/bedsit type accomodation and dock your benefit accordingly (e.g dock £5 for the separate, therefore, extra room).

That's how it used to work, I think it still does work like that. When I was on housing benefit for my house, i was paying £110 per month towards.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:27 PM   #727
R2D3
buck fush

the winey babys around here who have it made in houston and snotty richies
R2D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:49 PM   #728
Drax
Banned

Login websites should really have a "Forgot Your Username And Password.
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:52 PM   #729
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I'm nowhere near Houston and I'm definitely not rich.

Actually, being far from Houston doesn't upset me.

Sucked losing a job today though. That's gonna leave a mark.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:54 PM   #730
jinx
Come on, cat.

Ouch. Sorry V...
Old 10-22-2007, 06:57 PM   #731
Drax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Sucked losing a job today though. That's gonna leave a mark.
Was it a job you liked?
Old 10-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #732
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

losing A job or YOUR job, V?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:29 PM   #733
Drax
Banned

Good point.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:32 PM   #734
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Yes.

And the money was good. And I was good at it. But I blew it. There has been considerable destruction in my life recently and this is just another sad casualty. I have only myself to blame.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:34 PM   #735
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Sorry, second job. Moonlighting.

Considerably more than beer money. More like tuition money. Hey. I was lookin for a job when I found that one, right? Time to beat the pavement again.

Tags
swiss