The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-31-2001, 09:07 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Jenna (left) and Barbara (right)

Barbara and Jenna at the Inaugural Ball.

Now, some -- the pres's media controller amongst them -- would say that attention to the First Daughters is simply <i>wrong</i>; that they should have their privacy respected, even and especially when they leave their secret service agents at the door when they go in to buy beer with fake IDs.

I personally don't agree with that. If we can pay enough attention now, we can guarantee that the Bush presidency only lasts two generations. And isn't that a little more important?

And besides, they're over 18. They're adults. And whether they are able to make something of themselves after having their college exploits broadcast nationally will be more a factor of their personalities than anything else.

So: rate 'em from 1 to 10, and feel free to show your reasoning.

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 10:41 PM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Cute...but they were obviously hit with the stupid stick, as was their father.

I do agree that the Secret Service should leave them alone more or less. Who really cares if they're buying alcohol with fake IDs? How many other college kids are doing it that aren't the children of the President of the US? Truth be told, they're not only acting like typical college kids, but apparently are chips off the old block.

Jenna is simply a flaming moron though. She just got busted what? Last month or so? The 11th Commandment--don't get caught.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 03:16 AM   #3
jaguar
whig

Hmm...both pretty average if u ask me....Someone should open an acocunt on http://www.hotornot.com for them lol, i'd lvoe to see the result of that.

100 POSTS!

Old 06-01-2001, 10:23 AM   #4
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

By themselves, I'd say a 6 for both. They have the "yellow rose"-type beauty applicable to most Texan girls. If we were going by beauty alone, I'd say a solid eight but for two things. First, Syc's reasoning brings Jenna down. Also, Barbara has that look I've come to associate with an uppity, prissy, "Daddy's Little Princess". That brings her down, and thus is my reasoning.

And Jag, thank you for showing me I actually DO have a life.

~Mike
Old 06-01-2001, 12:06 PM   #5
adamzion
Coronation Incarnate

Each is easy enough on the eyes, but in a fairly generic, extremely <i>shiksa</i> kind of way, if you know what I mean.

And some of you do,
Z
adamzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 08:57 PM   #6
russotto
Professor

Barbara's hot (well, OK anyway), Jenna's not.

They're 19 years old. The problem is with the law, and not their actions. Except that they keep getting caught -- like sycamore says, not too bright.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 09:42 PM   #7
jaguar
whig

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbaccus
And Jag, thank you for showing me I actually DO have a life.

~Mike
*laughz mate if u wanna start a flame war.....Look apart from the gf of 3 months, member of youth poltical orgnaisations, spending weekends out with friends, parties most weekends, competition archery, no i guess i don't, lol.

Sure i post alot here, but hell, i have to spend every night of the week doing homework, i need a break apart from the phone....
Old 06-01-2001, 09:52 PM   #8
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I was gonna say 6 for Jenna and 7 for Bar.

I see the Jenna type growing up to be a prim-n-proper Republican. She currently has the look of the sorority girl with a little fire in her. (I guess with the news of her boozing woes, that's not much of a stretch.) But in another ten years, she'll be incapable of independent thought.

It's funny, I didn't see that "princess" in Barbara. Of course she has the tools; the sculpted eyebrows, the matching accessories, the bravado of dangling earrings. I'm guessing that she's bold, intelligent, and understands that the's being groomed for massive success. The difference between her and the "princess" archetype is that it's not fake; if she seems to have a huff of entitlement, it's because she's entitled.

Uhm... or maybe this is too much of a stretch just from two images?

In any case, this is far more entertaining than anything the real political world of their parents face, so might as well enjoy it.
Old 06-02-2001, 12:09 AM   #9
jaguar
whig

*laughz
How true.
If only someone could find a way to throw a big fat brick into the stagnant water of western national politics.
A new system, god knwos what, but we need somthing...
Old 06-03-2001, 12:59 AM   #10
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Shepps
I see the Jenna type growing up to be a prim-n-proper Republican. She currently has the look of the sorority girl with a little fire in her. (I guess with the news of her boozing woes, that's not much of a stretch.) But in another ten years, she'll be incapable of independent thought.
Hmmm...perhaps shades of her mother?

Quote:
It's funny, I didn't see that "princess" in Barbara. Of course she has the tools; the sculpted eyebrows, the matching accessories, the bravado of dangling earrings. I'm guessing that she's bold, intelligent, and understands that the's being groomed for massive success. The difference between her and the "princess" archetype is that it's not fake; if she seems to have a huff of entitlement, it's because she's entitled.
You know, they say that when you are in college, your thoughts tend to lean liberal. After you're out, then they start to harden.

This leads me to wonder: 1) How much of their father's b.s. do they really believe? And 2) If they believe it now, what will they be like after college?

As much hell as people gave Chelsea early on (for not being exactly pretty in 1992), the Bush girls have been in the news more in the past 6 months than Chelsea was in 8 years.

Or so it seems...
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 07:28 AM   #11
jaguar
whig

But to my knowlegde CHelsea did not use the SS (secret service) to bail out friends or get caught using fake id...she wasen't stupid.
Old 06-03-2001, 12:33 PM   #12
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I think the First Lady IS capable of independent thought. She came out pro-choice during the campaign, which probably ticked everyone off.

Chelsea's blossoming during college turned her into an earthy hunk. I really would like to know her better and see whether she takes after her father or her mother. My guess is it's dad. Today's sunday magazine section in the Phila. Inquirer has a bit about Chris Matthews where he points out that Hillary uses the secret service to carry her bags at airports. That's so wrong. Hillary seems to have that sense of entitlement, a true armchair liberal, bent after power, where Bill is more earthy and real.

As far as the youngsters being "off message", they certainly are in action. Then-Gov. Bush signed "zero tolerance" Texas legislation that could earn Jenna jail time for her third alcohol offense. Salon Magazine conjectures that the latest offense might actually be her third; I think we would have heard much more about it if it was, but in any case, at most she's one strike away from up to 180 days in jail (!) under that state's law. If she was smart, she'd transfer away from the Texas party school to another state where she could drink on campus without much scrutiny.

Old 06-03-2001, 03:20 PM   #13
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Whaddya know: thefirsttwins.com has already submitted the twins to hotornot.com. Here is their page of results:

http://www.thefirsttwins.com/hotornot.html

Old 06-03-2001, 06:37 PM   #14
leif
Confounded Conjuror

Thumbs up my rating

I wouldn't give either of the sisters a 10, but I sure wouldn't throw em outa bed!
leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 09:53 AM   #15
russotto
Professor

Re: my rating

Quote:
Originally posted by leif
I wouldn't give either of the sisters a 10, but I sure wouldn't throw em outa bed!
You might think differently after the Secret Service insisted on body cavity searching you before you got into the bed...
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote