The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 09-27-2004, 07:52 PM   #16
busterb
NSABFD

Also stuffed cabbage rolls. I did a Google on Halupke it's the same. But as Jane says, lots of work. From the heart of dixie. Good food, good friends, cold beer. What more can you ask? BB
Old 09-27-2004, 08:44 PM   #17
jane_says
Colonist Extraordinaire

I may take you up that, Dagney, especially if Mr. Jane doesn't get his ass in line in a quick hurry.

And buster, with your armadillos and threats of delicious food and libations, I may head in your direction once I clean out Dagney's place.
jane_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:32 PM   #18
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Filet Mignon, salad with bleu cheese, hash browns with sour cream, stewed tomatoes with butter and croutons. A few Sing-A-Pore Sling's for apertif and later. Then---DESERT! Dark Chocolate Hershey Cake from a chain---it's actually v. good.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:44 AM   #19
busterb
NSABFD

Well Sunday looks like a boned, stuffed w/green onions, garlic & bacon deer hindqt, marinaded & injected w/ "Claude's brisket marinade" on smoker w/tater salad. If not too much cold beer, I might get a photo.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:43 PM   #20
busterb
NSABFD

Well here it was. Not bad, a little over done.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2004, 06:55 PM   #21
Griff
still says videotape

Nice work bb. My venison dinners are always pretty rudimentary, maybe I need to take it up a notch.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:22 PM   #22
alphageek31337
Enemy Combatant/Evildoer

"Ariaga, Ariaga Deux, Bariaga, Uglia and Mushatsa."

Tonight we have a lovely paella (pronounced pie-A-ah, for those of you que no hablan espanol), after I convinced the family that a little bit of gastronomic exploration can be rewarding. Basically, I cooked down sweet sausage (no chorizo conveniently available), chicken, green peppers, tomatos, onions and long-grain brown rice in chicken stock for a while, and it was quite lovely. PM for a recipe with numbers, if you're interested...

Edit: The quote in the title is from the Simpsons....it's the stars of the international soccer game they attend, where Bart gets a snack from the wandering paella man.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

---Friedrich Nietzsche
alphageek31337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 06:21 AM   #23
Griff
still says videotape

We did a turkey over the weekend to make room in the freezer. Gluten free stuffing was the key for me. Wild rice instead of bread everything else was pretty similar. Honestly it isn't the same as regular stuffing, it just doesn't become part of the bird. It does make a nice side and is really good.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:42 PM   #24
warch
lurkin old school

Fall is in the air:
Herb encrusted roast pork loin with fig chutney and roasted root vegetables. Mashed potatos and sauted greens. Apple crisp for desert. Super simple and delish.

PS my Russian Mennonite relatives make good Holupche- I even have lazy version thats tasty- you dont have to roll.

Last edited by warch; 10-07-2004 at 07:45 PM.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 09:47 PM   #25
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Tonight was Papa John's new Spinach-Alfredo Chicken Tomato pizza. It was ok. Spinach-to-alfredo sauce ratio was way too high. But I got two free DVDs with it, and now I don't have to worry about what to eat for tomorrow night either.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:46 AM   #26
Pie
Gone and done

Last night was Taco Bell for me, Wendy's for Badger.
Tonight, I think I'll make fried catfish, corn fritters and tomatoes&okra (if I can find any; otherwise green beans). I guess I'm feeling my inner Southerner.
When the temperature drops on Sunday, I'm thinking I'll make a batch of chili. It's about the right time of year...
- Pie
Old 10-08-2004, 09:47 AM   #27
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Oh the irony!
Attached Images

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 06:03 PM   #28
busterb
NSABFD

Looks like deer hash, If I'll get my lazyass started & dice taters, onions, & bell pepper.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:10 PM   #29
busterb
NSABFD

Hash almost went to hell. Was reading the "great" post on Cellar & stopped the damn reminded, forgot to turn fire off. If bad just call Dotty & jack.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:15 PM   #30
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

dinner 10-09-04 Stuffed Pork Chops

I wish I had a camera to show how yummy this is when I'm done.

One inch think chops, stuffed with homemade dressing. Cranberry sauce on the side with some veggie or other for health's sake. Perhaps I'll make a cheese dressing to pour over! Then I can have that broccoli! YEAH! That's the ticket!

Brian