monster
I hear them call the tide

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/...6BM45L20101223

Old 11-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #32
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
Lola - it was just my clumsy attempt of saying I think you are beautiful the way you are. Sometimes I come across wrong because my idioms are so different from most on here
Sarge, I understood you. I wasn't upset at you. I've been on edge and not feeling too happy, so I'm sorry if I had come off being a bit testy. That wasn't my intention at all. I guess I've been sitting here looking at my situation and how I need to be on some kind of diet. It really annoys me that I have to be on a diet.

Monster: Thanks, hehe. You know, I'm down to only one cigarette a day because my heart doesn't feel well when I smoke. Why not just quit, right? I'll get there one day.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:43 PM   #33
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I quit Insanity because I was too scared to do the workouts, hehe. Fortunately, my sister decided to join me and dragged my behind each morning to workout. So, here is two weeks later after I restarted the program. And yes, I fulfilled the bet, but it was dropped because the guy whom I did the bet with is a jerk. Anyways, my waist has gone down to 26". Got pix but, umm....maybe I'll wait til my waist got smaller to post. Dunno...I haven't been able to paste the two front view and sideways view together yet. Another month to go before Vietnamese New Year.
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2011, 11:28 PM   #34
monster

Means nothing to me, but you go, gurl!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #35
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

This is an example of the fit test. I posted a video so y'all can see what the exercises are.

(I will fix the youtube later. Just putting the link in for now.)

http://youtu.be/elm9oe2WeaA
Old 12-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #36
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Old 12-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #37
monster

OK, now it makes more sense, thanks. So why did he only do power knees one way? He's going to be uneven.

Looks like you've made some serious progress there.

I bet i couldn't do one push up jack after all the rest of that stuff.....
Old 12-28-2011, 05:15 AM   #38
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Wow.
That's quite remarkable.

And I have no intention of ever doing it.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #39
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Monster, Sundae: Thanks. I'm very proud of myself.

Monster: There are breaks between each exercises, the guy just didn't show it. Trust me, my movements aren't as strong as that guy in the video. I do my best though.

Sundae: Yeah, don't do it. Unless you've been exercising, done something intensive like P90X, don't try Insanity. It's crazy tiring. To be perfectly honest, I needed supplements to do this workout. I didn't have enough strength and energy. I bought some vitamins geared for women who exercise hard. I also bought creatine to help my overworked muscles recover.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #40
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Bunny View Post
...and my body mass is above range. That's right, Sarge, I am NOT too small; I am actually a bit too big and I have the numbers to prove it.
I was in a nutrition class at the hospital, and they had the guy that runs the hospital fitness center come in and pitch joining up. This dude has been fitness training for almost 30 years, and believe me, he's in shape. His belly sticks out over his belt about a quarter inch.
Everyone was floored when he said his body mass index numbers put him in the obese category. He said don't be fooled by those bullshit charts.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #41
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Hehe....actually, I'm mostly responding to my vanity. I don't expect to look like a Victoria's Secret model, but I want to look good in clothes. I just don't like it when my tummy sticks out. Furthermore, my cholesterol level is too high, so that's something to watch out for too.

As for that dude in fitness training, how could he be obese if his tummy only sticks out 1/4 inch over his belt? Doesn't sound that big.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #42
monster

technically I'm obese too. those numbers are bullshit. no-one who knows me thinks I weight anything like as much as I do. I heard a story on the radio about a woman -same height same weight- who tried to smuggle knives into prison in between her rolls of flab!!!! I don't have any rolls. I might be able to conceal a breadcrumb or two if i leant to one side! I do have some belly but it doesn't roll ffs! But my leg muscles are so well defined that I won't be borrowing the new boots I just bought for my daughter.... You are way fitter than me and work out more than me, you should not be paying attention to any stats involving weight/height.

Last edited by monster; 12-29-2011 at 09:16 PM.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:30 PM   #43
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Bunny View Post
As for that dude in fitness training, how could he be obese if his tummy only sticks out 1/4 inch over his belt? Doesn't sound that big.
All they did was take the long outdated height vs weight charts and give them a new name, to make people think they'd been updated. The more muscle you have, the more you'll weigh, regardless of height.
How can anyone expect a 5'10" Jr High teen and a 5'10" College Linebacker, to weigh the same?

The cholesterol you should work on, however.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:18 AM   #44
monster

I'm kinda in the "cholesterol is BS too if you're generally fit and heathy" camp......

my count was nuts, I told my doc my diet the previous week was bad she said oh no, no way that would affect the test it's a long term thing...... Retest proved her wrong. So now I just eat super-healthily a few days before my test and all is awesome
Old 12-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #45
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

I has a very high cholesterol reading, altered my diet and it came down pretty quickly (3 months)
My sister has high cholesterol as well, but hers is apparently genetic or something.
She needed meds to get hers under control.