The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-29-2014, 10:28 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Your Day..... In the Style of My Choosing

Tell us what happened/what you did today briefly, but in the style chosen by the previous poster. Then choose a style for the next victim. Try not to be nasty

I shall demonstrate by recounting my day in the style of a sports announcer (maybe with a hint of one man-and-his-dog 9for the Brits among us)

Aaand we're off! A slow start from monster who seems rather surprised no one is pushing her on ...and she's started ...quick stop in a client's garden and now she's really picking up speed aaaaaand she's back in the car on a home run...yes, she does it ......she has a kid on board...... and very neat turnaround and back out heading down the water polo practice. Nice delivery, then... oh yes, excellently timed pitstop at the store. And she's off again.....an perfectly timed pick up, didn't even see the car stop..... and the next home straight is in site.......and parked. Now she's switching to the mower and it looks like she's going to cut the grass before the final stretch to the hockey game. And what a beautiful job she does, the judges might mark her down for stopping to pick the dandelion flower for the bearded dragon, but they are going to like those stripes. And oh no, she was looking tired and the bed was in sight but she was distracted by the beer and the internet.

Next poster: In the style of a restaurant critic
Old 07-30-2014, 01:14 AM   #2
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

There was a beautiful menu, full of enticements. A choice of Strawberry with Cream, or a wine la Rose. As I sat on the Bench and ordered Bananas Foster, I realized that Strawberry wasn't going to be my choice. A slab of ribs from Burbanks, please.

And this one belongs to the Reds! [/only Cincinnati will get it]

in the style of Marty Brenneman
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:52 AM   #3
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I totally got that wrong. Scratch that. Reverse it.

Ignore it entirely. Was late.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
monster
I hear them call the tide

Ah well, seems nobody is bored enough anyway... but in case they are: next person describes their day in the styl eof a restaurant critic, then picks the style for the next punter.

I expect this thread to resurface some time in 2023.