The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 05-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #211
glatt

Couple margaritas with dinner. Yum. Neighbor invited us over to his porch for beers in a bit.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #212
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Victory Brewing. Dirt Wolf. 8.7abv.

It's lovely. If you've ever had dog fish head 90 minute, it's very similar.

Beer advocate gives it a 95 (world class)
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/pro...t=topr&start=0
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #213
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ima get drunk as fuck tonight. And if one person, ONE, tries to get between me and whatever I end up drinking, I ain't gonna be too nice about moving that sumbitch outta my way. Ima go to my spot on the river, and if anyone's there they're gonna hafta GTFO. My spot. I pay for it. GTFO.

I've absolutely had it with every air breathing motherfucker on the planet today. I want to be alone. I can't think of a person I want even near me right now. Fuck off, you.

Just me and my stick(s), awaiting the sweet embrace of alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol. And weed. Big, thumb-fat doobies (<---plural) of the good shit. Dark and sticky and stinky.

If had anything in the house I'd start drinking RFN.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #214
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'd join you, but:

1) I am one of the air-breathing mudderpluckers on the planet, so you'd kick me out
2) I'm in a relatively good mood today (though I've had those moods of which you speak, quite often)
3) I live too far away
4) I have my niece's softball game to go to tonight
5) I'm trying to cut back

Drinking by the river is one of the best solo drinking experiences you can have...just don't fall in, hit your head, and drown...like a late night fisherman neighbor (my age) did a couple years ago.

infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:42 PM   #215
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

I miss sitting on the banks of the old sewage lagoon.........sigh

Last edited by Big Sarge; 06-05-2014 at 11:34 PM.
Big Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:49 AM   #216
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh noes, a whiskey shortage is coming, especially TN whiskey.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:25 AM   #217
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Oh noes, a whiskey shortage is coming, especially TN whiskey.
I'm not worried. you can always make your own as long as you have corn
Old 08-10-2016, 01:05 PM   #218
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Matthew McConaughey is Wild Turkey’s New Creative Director

An interesting eight-minute vid, well worth the watch.

Quote:
I have a bourbon that was bottled before prohibition.
McConaughey took a drink and said:

Quote:
Oh, that's nice. I feel like I just got a little wiser.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:24 PM   #219
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
First G&T of the summer.

Worth the 973 days of winter last year.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:31 PM   #220
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Gravdigr,

That was excellent, thank you. I like bourbon, I like Wild Turkey, heck, I even like Mr McConaughey (though his name sounds like he'd be from the land of Laphroaig).

Speaking of which, in return for that treat, I offer you this, a tour of the Laphroaig Distillery.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:32 AM   #221
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Also enjoyable:

Angel's Share
Old 08-14-2016, 09:09 AM   #222
Snakeadelic
Banned

I'm a smartass who likes to invent drinks.

Recipe #1:
Milk
Coffee liqueur
Chocolate syrup
Vodka
Actual cream

Start with the milk. Add choc. syrup to taste, and when it's almost perfect slowly whisk in both kinds of booze. Sample often, and make note of the rough amounts used to make it taste the way you like it best. Add a small dash of whipping cream for thickness if you're not worried about fat content. When I perfected my recipe from what began as a homemade Bailey's knockoff recipe, my best friend inadvertently named it by commenting "It's like being kicked in the head by a chocolate-covered mule...and liking it." So we call it Chocolate-Covered Mule.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:13 AM   #223
Snakeadelic
Banned

Recipe #2:
Blood orange juice
X-Rated brand liqueur (blood orange-passionfruit, I think)
Vodka

This one's more labor-intensive, at least out here in the sticks, because I have to juice the oranges by hand. 2 oranges will make a good base for a strong drink, so this isn't a great one for huge parties. With that out of the way, you make this by combining the juice and booze in whatever proportions taste best (I know, I'm totally unhelpful about measurements here). I like to garnish it with novelty ice cubes, specifically the ones shaped like skulls, icebergs, shark fins, and the Titanic. We call this drink the Bucket O'Blood.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:20 AM   #224
Snakeadelic
Banned

Recipe #3
Pomegranate juice or juice blend--any dark red juice you like will work; I happen to like pomegranate and hate cranberry.
Vodka
Sprite (tho any clear lemon-lime soda should work)

I use about 1.5 to 2 shots of vodka, about 3 shots of juice, and pour Sprite on top until the cup is full. The name comes from a complicated blend of my smartassery, my knowledge of many things horse-related, and a random choice of container for the first batch. The container is an oversize coffee mug my neighbor got as a promo gift with an order of cigars, and is adorned with the logos of the Man O'War brand of cigars. Some of you may know there was a VERY famous racehorse many decades ago whose name was Man O'War; he won 20 of his 21 racing starts, including a spectacular "match race" against his lifetime competitor, Sir Barton. When they were raced just against one another to prove who was the better horse, Man O'War won...by over 200 feet of clear space! In horse racing, a "length" is the length of the horse from the front point of its shoulder to the back point of its haunch just below the tail, which tends to be around 7-8 feet. So I mix up this bright red concoction in a mug with Man O'War written on it and immediately named it 21 Lengths--the official distance by which Big Red won that match race.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:30 AM   #225
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Ima get drunk as fuck tonight. And if one person, ONE, tries to get between me and whatever I end up drinking, I ain't gonna be too nice about moving that sumbitch outta my way. Ima go to my spot on the river, and if anyone's there they're gonna hafta GTFO. My spot. I pay for it. GTFO.

I've absolutely had it with every air breathing motherfucker on the planet today. I want to be alone. I can't think of a person I want even near me right now. Fuck off, you.

If had anything in the house I'd start drinking RFN.
Y'know...

I don't have access to a spot on a river, dammit, cuz that would be SO awesome today. Today I spend packing so I can help my neighbor survive the drive. Tomorrow I load myself up with Valium until I'm just short of drooling on myself and we head BACK to Oregon. One of my neighbor's best friends, who he met in '88 and got sober with in '91, isn't looking likely to still be alive by the time we do the official Gallivant Westward next summer . So off we go to say goodbye.

It's like 8:25 in the morning, Mtn Daylight Time, as I type. The old saying "It's 5:00 somewhere" is so very true, and I'ma go ahead and start my pre-trip booze-a-rama because it's after 5:00 in Finland, dammit!