The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-13-2014, 04:11 PM   #496
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Bryan Cranston was on one of the news outlet channels for an interview with the current newsbunny.

She expressed the opinion that she wasn't sure Walter White was dead. With an absolutely perfect poker face Cranston replied:

"Well, you never actually saw a bodybag being zipped up did you?"

And the interview ended.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:12 PM   #497
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
Sorry, grav.
Don't apologize to me, you're the one missing out.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #498
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Bryan Cranston was on one of the news outlet channels for an interview with the current newsbunny.

She expressed the opinion that she wasn't sure Walter White was dead. With an absolutely perfect poker face Cranston replied:

"Well, you never actually saw a bodybag being zipped up did you?"

And the interview ended.
I saw that.
A bit of a tease but it might be a way to hawk the upcoming series, a prequel of BrBa, called Better Call Saul. It's supposed to chronicle Saul's rise to the strip mall law office and will feature Mike and...well I also know that Michael McKean will be in it.

Walter might get a nod way later in the series, but I wouldn't count on it. Bryan Cranston, though, right Grav? What an awesome series. I'm all about Jesse Pinkman, too. And Walt Jr. And Hank...
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:01 PM   #499
elSicomoro

Going a bit stir crazy. I had looked into bumming across the country on a bus and was surprised by the cost. And the cost of a train is not much better. I REALLY need to find a job so that I can go do cool stuff.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #500
elSicomoro

I wish I could figure out what makes my son tick.

He was diagnosed with Asperger's about 6 months ago...add to that he's ADHD and has some bipolar issues. We currently have a running battle about not eating in the living room...he can get pretty messy and leaves his trash lying around, so we banned him from eating up here.

He'll do okay for a few days, then he does it again. And he gets grounded...he was confined to his bedroom with no electronics all day yesterday. So what did he do this morning? Did it again. How do I know? Because he left the fucking plate up here!

I love him dearly, but he is such a horrible liar...and he always leave a trail of evidence. He likes to have his "me" time in the morning, but I might have to start getting up with him. His carelessness has caused us to have roaches and mice.

Did I mention that I can't wait for him to go back to school? 2 more weeks.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #501
Griff
still says videotape

What about a serving/lap tray with sides and a lid that holds all his dishware and utensils? Teach him to use it properly rather than having the ban which he is fighting? It must be pretty important to him if he's gonna risk a lock down for it. Make the setup his and his to take care of.

I would hire footie for the build.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:14 PM   #502
elSicomoro

That's not a bad idea. Unfortunately, I took a gander around the house and he's left a trail of destruction today. The Mrs is ready to send him back to day care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2014, 05:39 PM   #503
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Have you tried tying him up under the porch?

Old 07-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #504
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
haggis
Old 07-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #505
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

There's probably nothing for it but to get up with him and supervise the morning meal. Speaking as the mom of two Aspies ...
Old 07-21-2014, 06:20 PM   #506
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #507
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I tried to upload a photo of my garden this year, but failed.
Nevertheless, I am the mother of Aspies in both Kingdoms, and much more ...
Old 07-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #508
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by elSicomoro View Post
I wish I could figure out what makes my son tick.

He was diagnosed with Asperger's about 6 months ago...add to that he's ADHD and has some bipolar issues. We currently have a running battle about not eating in the living room...he can get pretty messy and leaves his trash lying around, so we banned him from eating up here.

He'll do okay for a few days, then he does it again. And he gets grounded...he was confined to his bedroom with no electronics all day yesterday. So what did he do this morning? Did it again. How do I know? Because he left the fucking plate up here!

I love him dearly, but he is such a horrible liar...and he always leave a trail of evidence. He likes to have his "me" time in the morning, but I might have to start getting up with him. His carelessness has caused us to have roaches and mice.

Did I mention that I can't wait for him to go back to school? 2 more weeks.
Has he always eaten in the living room prior to this ban? how old is he? Do the rest of you eat in the living room? If it's a long-learned habit and it's something that everyone else does, it's hard enough for any teen to change, but especially if routine is their comfort zone, which is generally especially true of people with Asperger's.

Perhaps you could take some time to help him develop a cleaning up routine. Maybe feeling the blame and shame for the mice and roach leaves him seeking the comfort of his familiar habit, even though it eventually ends in more trouble. Is he interested in researching things? perhaps you could set him a project to learn how best to avoid the pests, and when he learns on his own about the food waste thing, it will help him feel more comfortable about adjusting his behavior?
Old 07-22-2014, 02:33 AM   #509
elSicomoro

He's 11 now, and we try to be careful with the battles we pick. We know it might take him some time to adjust to things and we repeat things...a lot. For example, he used to love playing with his toy cars on the steps. Well, he's a growing boy and we moved him away from playing there. It took a while, and he still does it on occasion, but he's finally gotten away from it.

He has a very hard time understanding why he can't do the things we do...he doesn't understand he's a child sometimes. Other times, he's as helpless as can be..."I can't find my socks!" And they'll be right in front of him.

He's been working with a counselor since just before his diagnosis...she comes over once a week and works with him, mainly in the area of impulse control.

He likes to have "me" time, and I've kept odd hours for years now, so I usually get up later than he does. I've decided to start getting up when my wife does now (7am...I went to bed earlier tonight, but am up for a bit). He is usually up just after she leaves.

I read a book not long ago written by a young man with Asperger's called Finding Kansas...stumbled upon the book by accident, but it gave me some insight into what might be going through his head right now.

We also struggle with his grandparents (The Mrs' dad and stepmom)...they don't believe he is autistic and think we just need to spend more time with him. Or that he's just doing typical 11-year-old stuff. Of course, who doesn't behave for their grandparents and get what they want?
Old 07-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #510
elSicomoro

He went over to a friend's house a while ago...I went out to run an errand. When I got back, I discovered his bike was missing...turns out he was riding it. Except he's not supposed to be riding it right now...he broke his arm riding it last week.

Tags
mozzarella