The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-09-2004, 10:41 AM   #16
garnet

These people are obviously pretty passionate about what they believe, and they have the right to post whatever they want on that site. Bush supporters of course won't agree with it, but that's life.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 10:55 AM   #17
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet
These people are obviously pretty passionate about what they believe, and they have the right to post whatever they want on that site. Bush supporters of course won't agree with it, but that's life.
If they are that upset they could do like that guy at ground zero...

CNN
MSNBC
New York Post
Old 11-09-2004, 10:58 AM   #18
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
I heard about that the other day. It's sad, but I think he's defeating his own cause. Sure, he'll get attention for a few days, but what he did isn't going to help change things when 2008 rolls around.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:23 AM   #19
glatt

I voted for Kerry. But I would never put my picture up there.

I'm not going to apologize for my actions, because I did the right thing, voting for Kerry. I'm not going to apologize for Bush voters, because I'm not responsible for them. And I'm sure as hell not going to write things like "I didn't vote for Bush, so please don't bomb my town." That's just pathetic.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 11:28 AM   #20
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet
I heard about that the other day. It's sad, but I think he's defeating his own cause. Sure, he'll get attention for a few days, but what he did isn't going to help change things when 2008 rolls around.
You don't truly believe that he put that much effort or thinking into this course of action do you?
Old 11-09-2004, 11:32 AM   #21
garnet

Quote:
You don't truly believe that he put that much effort or thinking into this course of action do you?
Nope, I'm sure he didn't. The guy obviously had lots of other problems to pull that kind of stunt. Defintely not a rational decision.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:40 AM   #22
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
I nominate that guy for a political Darwin Award.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 11:49 AM   #23
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf
I nominate that guy for a political Darwin Award.
Wouldn't that be more along the lines of having Quayle as your running mate?
Old 11-09-2004, 12:00 PM   #24
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Wouldn't that be more along the lines of having Quayle as your running mate?
No, because having your name next to Quayle's wouldn't remove you from the gene pool.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 12:03 PM   #25
marichiko

If Bush supporters dislike the idea of that site so much, they can always put up one of their own saying that they are NOT sorry. You could have Bushies flipping the bird at the rest of the world or holding signs saying "You're next!"
Old 11-09-2004, 12:25 PM   #26
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

If that site's not already up, I'd be shocked.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 12:59 PM   #27
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
I voted for Kerry. But I would never put my picture up there.

I'm not going to apologize for my actions, because I did the right thing, voting for Kerry. I'm not going to apologize for Bush voters, because I'm not responsible for them. And I'm sure as hell not going to write things like "I didn't vote for Bush, so please don't bomb my town." That's just pathetic.
Very well said.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:06 PM   #28
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
If Bush supporters dislike the idea of that site so much, they can always put up one of their own saying that they are NOT sorry. You could have Bushies flipping the bird at the rest of the world or holding signs saying "You're next!"
Mari, - that's the problem. Bush supporters didn't choose Bush to flip off the planet. We voted for the president of the US not the US ambassador to planet earth.

Sure, I get a warm and fuzzy when our prez is popular with other leaders but that sure as hell isn't the basis for my vote when I close the curtain. As a matter of fact, there are quite a few foreign leaders that I specifically don't want our president to have good relations with.

Had Bush lost, Kerry would enjoy my full support and I sure as heck wouldn't apologise to anyone on behalf of Kerry supporters.

We are America and we are Americans, dammit!
Old 11-09-2004, 01:14 PM   #29
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Well ... he was drunk and stupid. I don't know what pisses me off more ... his essential desecration of the Ground Zero site (even the firefighters who worked the pile aren't killing themselves there), his disregard of (yes, the ridiculous) firearms laws of NYC, or the fact that if he were out to make a political statement, why didn't he leave a fucking note.

So again, he's going down as just another dumbass drunk in my ledger.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:15 PM   #30
alphageek31337
Enemy Combatant/Evildoer

So what you're saying is that America can go it alone. That we need minimal, if any, world support in the war on terror or in, lets face it, an increasingly global economy. Check your ego, if we don't work *with* the rest of the world instead of in spite of it, we're not going to accomplish what we need to. Why not make the effort to get as much of the world on our side as possible?
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

---Friedrich Nietzsche
alphageek31337 is offline   Reply With Quote