The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 07-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #31
sad_winslow
Big McLargeHuge

Good for you for taking an active step to adjust your lifestyle, that's really how it begins. i have tendencies to overeat, too, plus an inactive lifestyle to boot, all complicated by a lifetime of digestive issues in general. i completely understand where you're at - i fight with food constantly, too. sometimes food wins still.

one day at a time, and you can sort it out. keep posting on your progress if it helps any - your success as well as your slips, and it may help you gain control of it. it's tough. i totally agree with stormieweather up above - it feels harder because you just can't simply not eat the way you can not drink alcohol or smoke a cigarette - you have to have food to survive! in one very real sense that makes it even harder than any drug or alcohol or other addiction - but it *is* one that can be overcome, still. best of luck to you.
sad_winslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #32
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

LJ.... I can TOTALLY relate... in a huge way... I've transfered one addiction to another over the years and it rested and still does to a large degree in eating. I am what you would call a binge eater. I doubled in size... literally and was eating more than Flint who is a foot taller than me. I sneak... and can easily consume a weeks worth of lunches in one afternoon. I've had so many excuses over the years for eating too much... and it has kept me from being truly happy and feeling like myself... its kept me from excersing and doing things with Flint I would love to do. I'm ashamed of it... I'm ashamed of my body and that is a terrible way to feel. It is horrible to be afraid of food... you have to eat.

To be honest the HCG diet has been wonderful for me because I have to measure my food... it is totally joyless and my weight loss is so rapid that I have yet to fall off the wagon. I don't do well when allowed to eat a simi normal diet ... I sneak and justify eating and god forbid something stressful happens... we won't even go into that.

I just wanted you to know that you aren't the only one... and you can beat it... if you want more infomation on what I've found to help... or this diet... I'm here... you can pm me... or... you have my personal e-mail... you know where to find me... you can even have my number if you want... I doubt Flint would object.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #33
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Thanks, We actually are already taking Jayd's advice. As of yesterday, jinx has my bank card, and I'll draw an allowance to get me through the week with gas and food. It's tough to admit that you've failed at something, but I have proven that I can't be relied on to work the plan.... so...
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #34
Pooka

We all fail at something from time to time... some of us are bright enough to realize our failures, some of us are fortunate enough to have loved ones brave and honest enough to enlighten us, and some of us never get it and continue on our paths of self distruction.

We are here for you... you are awesome LJ in so many ways... you can overcome this.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #35
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

There's also more to this than the eating. It's the deception. I smoked behind her back for a while a few years ago too. Jesus I suck.

you guys should be supporting jinx, she's the wronged party here. She didnt deserve to be treated like this.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #36
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

I meant you in the plural sense. I'm sure that most people meant that as well.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #37
Pooka

We are here to support the both of you. You both need healing and compasion and understanding.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #38
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
I meant you in the plural sense. I'm sure that most people meant that as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
We are here to support the both of you. You both need healing and compasion and understanding.
I'm sorry. I know you guys(allyouguys) did. I'm not thinking very clearly today.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #39
Nirvana
Back in 10

I support you both, but there are worse things than an eating disorder. Like womanizing or drug and alcohol addiction. You don't have to do drugs, drink , or even have sex to live but you do have to eat. Learning to control what you eat is a challenge but you can do it!

My hub is a horder I "enjoy" that this is his problem rather than him having a drug, alcohol or womanizing problem. He is learning to throw things away. Change can happen, good luck!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #40
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Jim, I'm sure you may have already discovered this but I think what you were going through was more of a power struggle. As a women who is the strong one in the relationship (or the decision maker for the most part), I can see where and how that affects the (my) husband. This problem needs the both of you to handle.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #41
monster
I hear them call the tide

Are you back home?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #42
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

(@ pico) That is probably always the case, and I understand that immeidate family often attends these sorts of meetings and gets something constructive out of it.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #43
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I was just wondering where you guys were! I hope all goes well on your road to recovery! None of us here are perfect... I understand if you need to fess up and change.

I have things to quit too...when I'm ready.

I'm glad you are putting your best foot forward, in earnest!

God luck and I hope things cool off! We're around if you need us minus the recipies.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #44
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Love and support to you BOTH !!!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #45
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Might sound corny, but the book I'm reading right now, The Five Love Languages, is really good and appears more practical than most of the other relationship books I've read.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote