The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-13-2004, 09:44 AM   #16
glatt

We went through the same thing with our daughter, who just turned 5. It took her a while, but she finally got the hang of it.

Isn't it amazing how becoming a parent changes your perception of what "gross" is? You learn that just about anything can be washed off your hands, and you go on living.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 11:43 AM   #17
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
just about anything can be washed off your hands, and you go on living.
Aha! been looking for a new sig line, thanks
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 11:51 AM   #18
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Remember, ladies: Front to back! More hygenic! Helps keep some things out of places where some things shouldn't be!

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 11:53 AM   #19
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat
Aha! been looking for a new sig line, thanks
Glad to help.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:52 PM   #20
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf
Remember, ladies: Front to back! More hygenic! Helps keep some things out of places where some things shouldn't be!
And how do you do that neatly sitting down? With a bad back, for example? (I'm a stander upper).
Old 07-13-2004, 02:11 PM   #21
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by limey
And how do you do that neatly sitting down? With a bad back, for example? (I'm a stander upper).
You do it however you manage. The details of the matter are your business!

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:50 PM   #22
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I'm sure I'll take a beating for this, but what the fuck, why not. what's one more beating

how about really really big fat people. how do they manage? i'm talking seriously big here, like the physics won't work......as in, their arm won't reach around their hip. do they have to get help? use a short stick? wrap the toilet brush in TP? sorry about the visual, but this actually came up in conversation the other day, and we were all stumped.

i mean like Gilbert Grape's mom.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:08 PM   #23
glatt

I remember hearing somewhere that people of that size use a sponge on a stick to wash themselves in general. That visual stuck with me. I imagine they use something similar to wipe.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:08 PM   #24
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
I'm sure I'll take a beating for this, but what the fuck, why not. what's one more beating

how about really really big fat people. how do they manage? i'm talking seriously big here, like the physics won't work......as in, their arm won't reach around their hip. do they have to get help? use a short stick? wrap the toilet brush in TP? sorry about the visual, but this actually came up in conversation the other day, and we were all stumped.

i mean like Gilbert Grape's mom.
Ok. I am chuckling while I write this. But you have waaaay too much free time my friend.

And by the way...... eww.
dar512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:10 PM   #25
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
how about really really big fat people. how do they manage?
I used to work with a guy a few jobs ago... about the nicest guy you'd ever meet, but he was monstrously fat. On one occassion I entered the restrooms just as he was leaving, and found an odor lurking inside which made my lunch roll over in its grave. This triggered a line of thought similar to your question... how can a guy that big manage the cleanup process? None of the feasible theories were pleasanat ones, and frankly, the most logical guess involved "leaving the Klingons on the ship's stern" and possibly lining the shorts with TP until bathtime.

But you know what they say about curiosity. I didn't allow my mind to ponder the matter further.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:15 PM   #26
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar512
Ok. I am chuckling while I write this. But you have waaaay too much free time my friend.

And by the way...... eww.
As long as I make at least ONE of you folks laugh a day, it's time well spent. bonus when you tell me about it. and, yes...eww is right.

and, as it's come up, my free time is going to be much less at work now. they moved my assistant into the sales department yesterday, so I'll have more clerical work to do.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 08:51 PM   #27
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Yeah i guess it all depends on how you were taught as a child. if yuo were taught one way, you never really consider doing it any other way.

I am a stander. If i had children with someone who was a sitter, i guess potty training would be a little confusing for the tikes, but i can not handle putting my hand inside the bowl. yuck! as for cheek sqish, there is no such thing, well..i for one dont have that problem. but perhaps if you were o/weight maybe i'm not sure.

PUBLIC TIOLETS: i rarely use them. i have trained myself only to go at home (mornings and nights, even peeing) i wont even go at work unless i'm bout to wet myself and there even we have 5 star bathrooms. It's just what other peole do there is gross! i cant handle the smell/ look/ confined space/ hiding germs.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:27 AM   #28
Carbonated_Brains
Does it show up here when I type?

Lately I've been using the triple-sow-cow position.
Carbonated_Brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:49 AM   #29
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonated_Brains
Lately I've been using the triple-sow-cow position.
lots of milk?

Old 07-14-2004, 02:03 PM   #30
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:

how about [snip ...] like [when] the physics won't work
This reminds me of a guy I used to see in the canteen of the office building I used to work in in Moscow. He had what in UK would be referred to as 'thalidomide' arms (i.e. they were significantly shortened. so that his hands were at elbow distance from his shoulders, because his mother had taken said drug during pregnancy). How did he take a leak in a public urinal? Did someone hold it for him? I suppose he just sat down, come to think of it... But then, how did he, erm, well, satisfy himself ?

PS Edited to add this PS, God, I can't believe I've just posted this

Last edited by limey; 07-14-2004 at 02:06 PM.
limey is offline   Reply With Quote