The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 04-14-2002, 09:14 AM   #46
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

If it's just an old-fashioned flame war you want, there's one thing I don't understand. How come your posts don't rhyme?

The "flame limerick" was explored by us here in about 1994. The concept: flame someone using wit, humor, and rhyme. Ordinary flames like the above don't really get it done, y'see. Everyone knows it's just ridiculous, empty nonsense. But put it into a limerick and it becomes a devastating blow. There's no responding to a limerick.

The fact that you started the account to flame is evidence: you have nothing to offer otherwise. You have nothing of substance to add. You read thoughtful interesting posts and did not reply. (I know: I checked the IP logs and your account looks unique. You aren't someone posting from a second account, unless you've gone to a lot of trouble to do it.)

Poking at people from behind anonymity is pathetic. Putting someone down for what they look like? Weak! Most people quit that kind of crap at some point during adolescence.

<i>the only way to deal with obnoxious jerks is to be one back at them</i>

If that's the only approach you understand, this speaks leagues about your own personality. For instance, I'm dealing with you an an entirely different way. And please don't leave me out of your mass replies; I don't want to feel left out.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 12:13 PM   #47
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Hmmm...troll...insecure individual...or poor misguided soul?

We may not know the answer, but I'll pray for him/her tonight.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 12:28 PM   #48
elSicomoro

Back to the topic...

Jay Leno had this on his show the other night. For his Thursday and Friday shows, he had "Mike Bloomberg's Pot-Smoking Tip of the Day."

Thursday's tip: During a drought, put a brick in your bong.
Old 04-14-2002, 12:59 PM   #49
Griff
still says videotape

Flaming Flamer

After a little research, (I was actually looking for photo shop material ) it appears that Parm thinks you are a gay baiter. He takes his name from a Macedonian general who "served" under PhilipII.
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 01:16 PM   #50
elSicomoro

Re: Flaming Flamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Griff
After a little research, (I was actually looking for photo shop material ) it appears that Parm thinks you are a gay baiter. He takes his name from a Macedonian general who "served" under PhilipII.
You beat me to it, Griff.

If this IS the case, they obviously never read my essay on gays and lesbians.
Old 04-14-2002, 01:18 PM   #51
datalas
Generic Monkey

and that gives him a right to be rude after a few posts? is that all it takes... cool

YOU ALL SMELL!!! :P

Glad I got the rules straight before I did that now if only I could remember where I put my flamex suit as I think that I'm about to get a vaugely warm breeze aimed in my general direction... perhaps I should get the suntan lotion on instead ?
datalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 01:21 PM   #52
elSicomoro

It's been unusually warm on the US East Coast this year.
Old 04-14-2002, 07:05 PM   #53
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Re: Back to the topic...

(Maggie returns from a short trip out-of-town to Lisa's new place...nice)

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
Thursday's tip: During a drought, put a brick in your bong.
Most of the bongs I've ever seen looked like they had a brick in them already...probably some sort of adobe.
And in fairness I have to say I don't recall syc's ever trolled me about being queer. Tony only mentioned dykes and kidney patients because my lifepartner's a dyke, and syc's has serious kidney problems. I took it as a quaint way of saying "you can each bring a date." :-) To flesh out some details, Gwenie and I are both bi. Some folks say that's "not lesbian"; go fiigure.

LadySyc's observations about the "limited" cultural opportunities in NE Philly are ponts well-taken. Goodness knows there are some places in Pennsylvania I wouldn't live in on a bet. There are entire other *states* I wouldn't live in on a bet either, like Texas, or New Jersey.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 02:40 AM   #54
jaguar
whig

Parmenion i don't follwo you..what do you find so funny about syc's picture? Geez even your average troll can make *some* sense...
Where do you usually post, slashdot or something?
Old 04-15-2002, 08:19 AM   #55
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Re: Re: Back to the topic...

Quote:
Originally posted by MaggieL
Most of the bongs I've ever seen looked like they had a brick in them already...probably some sort of adobe.
Never seen a brick in a bong, but I have seen smoldering charcoal keeping the "brick" of weed nice and toasty...

(ok, it was really an ounce, and not a true "brick") :p

*steps out of the confessional...*

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 09:26 AM   #56
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally posted by datalas
and that gives him a right to be rude after a few posts? is that all it takes... cool

YOU ALL SMELL!!! :P

Glad I got the rules straight before I did that now if only I could remember where I put my flamex suit as I think that I'm about to get a vaugely warm breeze aimed in my general direction... perhaps I should get the suntan lotion on instead ?
quick pit check *sniff* oooohhhh my!
thanks fer the heads up, I'll get right on that. (checks homepage for weaknesses)
oh yah Land Rovers bite I used have a CJ-7 my last made in USA vehicle, got it for $10,600 american back in '86 brand new are rovers as touchy on the highway?
Old 04-15-2002, 02:55 PM   #57
datalas
Generic Monkey

hey each to their own....

not sure what you mean by "touchy", if you mean slow then yes...

then again mine was built ten or eleven years before I was
datalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 06:58 PM   #58
ndetroit
Master Locutor

*yawn*..

in my short (just over a year and some) time of lurking here, I think that we've had like... maybe ONE 4-page discussion that wasn't someone flaming someone else..

so lame.. I like undertony's idea of poetic flames...

pretty pictures sit
hidden in the background
as angry flamers flame

Little duckies climb.
Why so angry Parmenion?
Do you need a hug?

or something.

btw, that one actual 'discussion' that comes to my mind is the one about that taxidermist girl.... i don't even know why that sticks out.. tee hee.
ndetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 07:44 PM   #59
Griff
still says videotape

The short wheelbase on those jeeps used to make them overly "responsive" on the highway, if you had to swerve or brake quickly you could flip it pretty easily. They were not geared that low (they have a low range for off road) so you could maintain highway speeds if you had a gentle touch. You could get the older smaller CJ-5s with an 8 cylinder engine, that must have been a scarey machine. I actually find the LRs to be pretty attractive machines but I had to flame something.

There once was a lurker named Parm
Who obviously went off his Pharm
He flamed Sycamore, and Hubris whats more
and done squandered all of his Kharm
Old 04-17-2002, 09:25 AM   #60
dave

Quote:
Originally posted by Parmenion
The curtain has been drawn aside, the Wizard exposed, the charlatan shown up. If he ever annoys you again, look at his pictures, and laugh.
I want to defecate in your mouth.