The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-24-2007, 02:26 PM   #16
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
But then what happens on the weekends? You get to catch up on sleep, right?
Usually, but if go to sleep to late I be waken up before 11:00 no matter what. Seven hours is catching up for me by the way.

I rarely take naps but I think I may take one today or tomorrow because studying for midterms have been keeping me up lately.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:35 PM   #17
freshnesschronic
Professor

college sleep is godly for me. i sleep 2-10 am everyweekday and weekends its whatever time 3,4,5 am until whenever iwake up, mabye 12 or 1 or 2.

shawnee i think like that too before i go to sleep
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Where is my 10mm wrench? Why don't the wrench sets come with TWO of them, since the first one is ALWAYS abducted by aliens? Why can't 3/8 == 10mm??

Why is the manual wrong? I looked for thirty minutes for the "difficult to reach but easy to turn" drain petcock on the radiator located "under the bottom hose" IN VAIN. People, it's on the other side of the radiator. The "other" left side of the radiator. Under the "other" radiator hose, on the side of the "other" bottom... sheesh. Yeah, I'm pissed. Let's hope the removal and replacement goes more smoothly. *please*
Left side is drivers side in the US. There is no other left.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:43 PM   #19
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

I'm trying to think less, so I'm spending a lot of time talking. I talked to my cousin for an hour last night, and I talked with a friend* from about 10:30 until 2:30 am...I woke up at 6 am like I always do. 4 hours is a full nights sleep for me, and I'm practically an old man compared to fresh and pierce.

* Yes, the same one I recently mentioned elsewhere, in case you're curious.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #20
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Last night was one was those nights when my brain just wouldn't switch off. I thought about my friend Linda and how alone she must be feeling right now after losing her husband last week. I thought about Alan and how terrified he must have felt in those last seconds alone in his house, unable to catch his breath, his heart pounding in his chest; and I thought about the conversation we'd had when I had a coffee with him a couple of days before he died. I thought about my dad, inevitably, as he has the same illness.

I thought about the election campaign, worried about whether or not I'd put enough stuff in place, was everything going to schedule, would that schedule work? I thought about possible ideas for my dissertation in two years. I wondered what the noise I'd just heard was, before deciding it was the dog. I thought about Dave laughing at something devastatingly funny that I wish I'd said. I realised it was probably not actually that funny.

I considered getting up and eating something. I spent a little time berating myself for even considering that after I had difficulty fastening my jeans earlier. I thought maybe the three budweisers i'd drunk was probably also quite a bad idea.

I worried about the essay I'd put in the day before.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #21
freshnesschronic
Professor

Deep stuff Dana. Sorry about the loss that was suffered. My condolences, was it a heart attack?
Old 04-24-2007, 08:02 PM   #22
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Thanks. Yes it was, he had a lung disease and related heart condition. Too many funerals lately.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:12 AM   #23
freshnesschronic
Professor

12:07 AM
I really hope my girlfriend can go to U of I. I'm in the middle of a Skype conversation but she is being lectured by her mom right now. Her mom and dad were just arguing about her decision on picking U of I...and now her mom is talking to her about something...probably to persuade her not to go here...even though they told her initially she can go wherever she wants... and now that she decided on U of I...they are like shit....they really don't like me...I hope it doesn't cost her attending here though...some parents man...

12:27 AM
Found out what they said....told her not to do engineering at U of I (one of the top engineering schools in the NATION!) because engineers are in high demand. She probably won't get a job. And they don't get paid well (her PARENTS! are engineers!) and that civil engineering is a bad option, they told her America is pretty much developed, no need for new buildings. -__- And the worse thing is she said "eh, it's kind of true." Now I didn't refute anything her parents told her because if I did she would get all quiet and moody and then angry on me so I just chose to keep my feelings of "YOUR PARENTS ARE RIDICULOUS AND FULL OF BULLSHIT TO THE BRIM". But seriously. Everything they told her is complete bullshit, and it's all cause of me...

Last edited by freshnesschronic; 04-25-2007 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:22 AM   #24
Weird Harold
Vice-President of Resentment

I've brought our kids to the enginreeng/agriculture open house for the last two years. Both of my sisters kids are in engineering at the U of I., and yes there are jobs waiting for them. I highly recommend the open house, lots of cool stuff geared towards our kids ages 9, 11, and 13. They are really excited about school, and some day going to college, because of our visits. Given your girlfriend's parents mental capacity, perhaps you should invite them.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:36 AM   #25
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Left side is drivers side in the US. There is no other left.
Baloney. If I'm standing at the front of the car, with the hood up, looking at the engine compartment, the left side is the side closest to my left hand, period. I don't have one single absolute reference for left and right based on the drivers head. Which is the left side when you're working on the passenger door? The driver's door? Right and left should be relative to the working position in a case like this. The manual had a mistake in it, and now that the radiator is back in the car (Yay me!) the whole issue barely rises to the level of a cellar conversation.

But I missed you so much xoB that I'm happy to chew even this thin point back and forth with you. Glad you're back. Hope all is well.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:39 AM   #26
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
shawnee i think like that too before i go to sleep
Last night, it included "what did i say on the cellar about late night thoughts before going to sleep and not being able to sleep and i wonder if anyone read it i thought it was funny maybe i'm not funny did i answer that email i wonder what was on craig ferguson i'm too tired to try to watch but then why can't i sleep..." etc.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:40 AM   #27
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I've just read it - I found it funny I promise
Old 04-25-2007, 11:44 AM   #28
cashc
Aggregate Aggravator

I must get the strange thoughts.

Last night was "Do those people at Wendy's PURPOSEFULLY put the mayonnaise on my sandwich even when I tell them not to?
cashc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:44 AM   #29
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
I've just read it - I found it funny I promise
lol...that's just how my rambling thoughts roll! :p
Old 04-25-2007, 11:47 AM   #30
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
12:07 AM
Found out what they said....told her not to do engineering at U of I (one of the top engineering schools in the NATION!) because engineers are in high demand. She probably won't get a job. And they don't get paid well (her PARENTS! are engineers!) and that civil engineering is a bad option, they told her America is pretty much developed, no need for new buildings.
WHAT?!?!?!?!

I'm going into civil engineering at also one of top engineering schools in the NATION. All I can say is what the fuck?
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote