Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 04-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #46
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Thanks Pico. Its goin on the list.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #47
morethanpretty

Sorry if I came off as a bit snappy monsta (I made your name gansta like you) and pico. I re-read it and that was probably more harsh sounding than I meant.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #48
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Exercise? More .

Had to be said. Move along.

Serious point. Avoid "Diet" cola drinks with artificial sweeteners. That shit screws with your brain's hunger control centre, and sabotages your body's ability to feel full.

Question: don't you get meal breaks at work? 10 hours straight? Even in Japan the maximum without a break is 6, and in Orrrstra-ya it is 5.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #49
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
Sorry if I came off as a bit snappy monsta (I made your name gansta like you) and pico. I re-read it and that was probably more harsh sounding than I meant.
yer ok, if I didn't get it I wouldna posted. After a more healthy eating day than most ........I am again stuck into the beer. but it is the lower cal Bud Select.....
Old 04-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #50
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
but it is the lower cal Bud Select
I finally got my husband to switch....its MGD 64 now...

MPT - no problem, hon.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:25 PM   #51
Tulip
Professor

Blah, I'm always late to a thread. Well, most of what I wanted to say has already been said. Now, as for exercising, I was offering you exercise DVDs. If it's tough for you to go outside, then do it inside. I do that all the time. I'm not sure what would be good for a messed up knee though. You know, if you want to do something about your weight and health, you just gotta get down and do it. I know how you feel though. I hated exercising. Heck, I still have to MAKE myself exercise. Let me come back with a list of what I have and you ask your doctor what you can do with that knee of yours. As for diet, heck, I definitely know what you mean. I have so self-control nor discipline. Do you know what I eat when I'm serious about losing weight? A quasi Atkins. I said quasi cuz it's not true Atkins, but I say I'm on Atkins so I'd restrict my diet. I cut all junk food -- candy, cookies, chips, etc. No fast food, no bread, pasta, rice, etc. I eat lean chicken, beef, pork with lots of salad! Here's the cheat: I eat spring roll and all sorts of rolls. Do you know what a Vietnamese spring roll is? Look it up so I won't have to type too much. Okay, I'm gonna write more later cuz I'm getting lazy now.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:02 AM   #52
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
I cut all junk food -- candy, cookies, chips, etc. No fast food, no bread, pasta, rice, etc. I eat lean chicken, beef, pork with lots of salad! Here's the cheat: I eat spring roll and all sorts of rolls. Do you know what a Vietnamese spring roll is? Look it up so I won't have to type too much.
If you want another word for the diet you're eating, it's gluten-free. Rice is allowed.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #53
morethanpretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Exercise? More .

Had to be said. Move along.

Serious point. Avoid "Diet" cola drinks with artificial sweeteners. That shit screws with your brain's hunger control centre, and sabotages your body's ability to feel full.

Question: don't you get meal breaks at work? 10 hours straight? Even in Japan the maximum without a break is 6, and in Orrrstra-ya it is 5.
The women in my family mostly can't stomach artificial sweeteners. I just can't stand the taste, my sis and mom will get physically ill. I try to stay away from them for the exact reasons you stated.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #54
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Artificial sweeteners --->
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #55
Tulip
Professor

MTP: If you don't mind letting us know your schedule, I think someone would be able to give more realistic suggestions to your needs. Nothing specific, just a general idea so we would know when you're busy and when you can make time to exercise and how you could incorporate the diet into your hectic lifestyle. You just sound busy to me. Work and school is hectic. If you've already figured a way that may work for you already, then nevermind.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #56
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
We're not allowed to eat at our desk technically. Technically we aren't even allowed to have open drinks, so they are supposed to have a top. We generally only follow such rules when we have VIP visitors though. I still have my braces though, so I tend to stay away from harder foods like granola and nuts. The meal drink might work OK. I used to eat fruit bars until I got sick and tired of them. I'm not convinced they're very good for you either. Sometimes I eat an apple (sliced up before) and dole out the slices slowly...
Is this the beginning of a food plan for working days? If you really have no breaks at all then:
a) meal replacement type drink in cup-with-a-lid (or miso soup in insulated cup) on your desk, sip regularly
b) cut up apple (what other fruit/ vegetable appeals to you in this way? Carrot? Banana? Grapes ...) in box to be nibbled when possible.
If you get a break (surely you should get a couple in a ten hour shift?) then try to make sure you do eat (something sensible) at that point, even if you don't want to. It is true that not eating for ten hours is going to drive you straight to the fast-food joint on your way home ...
Old 04-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #57
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

OK MTP... I don't recommend HCG unless you are hardcore about it and it doesn't sound like you would be able to dedicate yourself as needed. I lost 55lbs and have kept 50lbs of it off... I haven't dieted since November. I still feel like I could stand to lose another 40 lbs or so, but I am going to do it without a diet. I contemplated doing another round, but I loss muscle as well as fat and HAIR (which freaked me out). The main reason however, is I decided I don’t want my daughter to see me dieting anymore. I do not want her to develop food issues.
I took a fitness class this semester at our area community college which requires me to work out for 1hr and 20 mins twice a week. I knew if there was a grade involved I would stick with it. I am a binger and haven’t been great about controlling my intake, but I have to give myself some credit for at least balancing it with physical exertion. I am making an effort to only have carbs that are low glycemic, high fiber etc. I literally ridded the house of any white sugar, flour etc. I do not buy processed foods… not even yogurt or flour… I make my own. I try to eat 60% raw at every meal… including breakfast. If I do not think I will have time to eat I bring a protein shake with me into which I add berries, mint, and spinach. Or as Limey suggests I bring veggies and fruit chopped up to snack on. Raw food is the original fast food.
Don’t get me wrong I pig out from time to time, but not in my home… which helps me limit that behavior.
I am trying to pick my P90X up again… if you would like to make a copy PM me or Flint. Here is my favorite workout… it requires no gym and it will kick your ass.

CIRCUIT TRAINING INSTRUCTIONS
Complete the following calisthenics in the order written and with LITTLE or NO REST in between laps / exercises.

• 3 Laps
• Push-ups (exercise 1)
• 2 Laps
• Crunches (exercise 2)
• 2 Laps
• Squats (exercise 3)
• 2 Laps
• Cross Crunches (exercise 4)
• 2 Laps
• Lunges (exercise 5)
• 2 Laps
• Push-ups (exercise 1 again)
• 2 Laps
• Crunches (exercise 2 again)
• 2 Laps
• Squats (exercise 3 again)
• 2 Laps
• Cross Crunches (exercise 4 again)
• 2 Laps
• Lunges (exercise 5 again)
• 3 Laps
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #58
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

You do 20 reps of each exercise... sorry I didn't mention above
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #59
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Laps?

Track or ?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #60
morethanpretty

Hmm, schedule. OK I'll try.

work: M, W, Th, F, Sat, Sun
times: 6am till whenever
class: T and Th
times: 10-11:15am, drive to other campus, 1-2:15pm
I also have Dr. appointments and Orthodontist appointments a lot of weeks.
I am supposed to get breaks, I could take them, but if I did, then we would have no one competent working. Well, maybe 1 other competent person. I just feel guilty for doing it, and I'm so busy anyway I forget. Unless I have to pee which is sometimes 1x an hour.
Only 2 classes, but I have A LOT to catch up on.
I am supposed to start physical therapy for my hip but I have not called them back. It does hurt a lot, I went on an extra long walk today and I'm already sore.
Diet concerns: thyroid issue, sensitivity to hunger and cravings, emotional/binge eater, family get togethers, braces
Diet goals: improve nutrition, lose weight
Exercise concerns: bum knee (so no jogging/running), painful hip, painful back, asthma, heat/sun sensitivity, no available gym, don't want to exercise in front of BIL (whom I live with)....but then again, maybe I should make him and sis exercise with me....
Exercise goals: toning, weight loss

Upcoming concerns:
Surgery to remove thyroid - May 17
Florida trip - June 18th - 26
Need deviated septum fixed, hopefully this year, another surgery