The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 02-09-2011, 06:55 AM   #76
toranokaze
I'm still a jerk

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder if what we are doing is right.
Don't worry the world will probably end by then.

It is the ignorance of ignorance that lead to the death of knowledge

The Virgin Mary does not weep for her son, for he is in paradise. She weeps for the world , for we are in suffering.
toranokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:08 AM   #77
safira218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrere View Post
I'm not brutal enough to use that as my answering machine message, but it'd be true.
We are born astride the grave ' . In Waiting for Godot somewhere . I forget if it was Vladimir or Estragon .
Old 02-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #78
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

It was Vladimir. "Astride of a grave, and a difficult birth. Down in the hole, lingeringly, the grave digger puts on the forceps."

(I played Estragon.)
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:18 AM   #79
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
..."Astride of a grave, and a difficult birth. Down in the hole, lingeringly, the grave digger puts a roach on the forceps."...
FIFY.

Moving on:
Quote:
"All of us are born with a set of instinctive fears--of falling, of the dark, of lobsters, of falling on lobsters in the dark, or speaking before a Rotary Club, and of the words "Some Assembly Required." ~Dave Barry

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #80
JBKlyde
Banned

teach a child to love and he will love to obey - Tim Boone
JBKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #81
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Thats the second time you've quoted that. Its a truly frightening quote.
Inspirational?
Old 12-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #82
JBKlyde
Banned

I don't believe sex you mind as well just chop of my penis and shove it in my ear.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #83
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Are you saying that you don't believe in sex, and we might as well chop off your penis and shove it in your ear?
Old 12-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #84
Clodfobble

Schizophrenic men often have no sex drive:

Quote:
Whereas men with schizophrenia frequently lose their sexual drive early in the course of illness and are not likely to be sexually active if their illness is severe, this is generally not true for women. They continue to be interested in relationships and to engage in sexual intercourse.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #85
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

you're gonna hafta cut and paste that article. it wants a log in.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #86
Clodfobble

Interesting, that's one of those cases where getting the link from a Google search result will get you the content without a login. Anyway, it was just an abstract, all it said was:

Quote:
Whereas men with schizophrenia frequently lose their sexual drive early in the course of illness and are not likely to be sexually active if their illness is severe, this is generally not true for women. They continue to be interested in relationships and to engage in sexual intercourse. Because women with chronic psychosis are seldom employed or well off, their financial need may also lead to the exchange of sex for money. The relative passivity and isolation that accompany schizophrenia are fertile ground for sexual victimization. For these reasons, women with schizophrenia are at special risk not only for unwanted pregnancy but also for sexually transmitted disease. Counseling around these issues is essential.
If you want the whole thing you've gotta get a login to some place that gives access to medical journals: Seeman MV. Women and Schizophrenia. MedGenMed 2(2), 2000.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #87
JBKlyde
Banned

Quote:
Are you saying that you don't believe in sex, and we might as well chop off your penis and shove it in your ear
yes that's what I meant..

and it's not that I don't have a sex drive, it's that's I don't believe in it.. it's not that I've never had sex and it's not that I'll never have sex again.. It's just that never been with a woman who makes me want to make lover to her. I don't even know How to have sex.. I just point the pointer tor ward the hole and move it around the best way I know how.. honestly I'd rather masturbate..

Last edited by JBKlyde; 12-19-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #88
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

lol - she said Seeman
Old 12-20-2011, 06:43 PM   #89
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBKlyde View Post
yes that's what I meant..

and it's not that I don't have a sex drive, it's that's I don't believe in it.. it's not that I've never had sex and it's not that I'll never have sex again..
um......

Quote:
It's just that never been with a woman who makes me want to make lover to her. I don't even know How to have sex.. I just point the pointer tor ward the hole and move it around the best way I know how.. honestly I'd rather masturbate..
^^^that there is pretty much EXACTLY the definition of no sex drive. Wanking is not sex.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #90
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBKlyde View Post
teach a child to love and he will love to obey - Tim Boone
The biggest google hit for Tim Boone is a Urologist. Thank goodness you have no sex drive because you are NOT parent material. You are scary material. You also have no sense of logic which is, I guess, why you ask so many stupid questions. Get the fuck back on your medication and stay away from kids.