The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Old 01-05-2007, 12:32 AM   #46
W.HI.P
Free

Why don't you go ask a cop from Sheffield to see what he/she has to say about it
Old 01-05-2007, 07:55 AM   #47
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.HI.P View Post
Why don't you go ask a cop from Sheffield to see what he/she has to say about it
I asked a friend from Sheffield, whose family still live IN Sheffield (aforementioned Blades fan). Monster is saying she used to live in Sheffield too. Why do you have to be a member of the police to know what is happening in your own city?

Why don't you back your story up if you have any kind of proof? At least point us in the direction of someone else who believes it too - no-one I have spoken to have even heard of it as a conspiracy theory.

And again, you are missing the point that they were in the same League LAST YEAR. I think it would be considered a pretty sure bet that both Sheffield teams will play together in the same League in the next ten years. Perhaps I should go put a bet on that they won't - who knows, you might be right and I might be able to retire on my winnings at the age of 43!
Old 01-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #48
W.HI.P
Free

A cops not gonna tell you about a conspiracy theory.
A cop from Sheffield will tell you though why its neccesary to keep these two teams from competing against each other.

I'm aware of whats going on in the third division in Latvia.
You'd think I'd be aware of whats going on in the English leagues
Old 01-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #49
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Lots of teams have rivalries....historic ones....some of those rivalries bubble up into violence at times (various derbies are known to be potential flashpoints). That said, I think W.HI.P is over egging the proverbial pudding here.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:00 PM   #50
King
Conquistador

The two Sheffield teams not playing in the same league for the next ten years wouldn't prove anything other than the fact that one is significantly better than the other. It may or may not happen. I'm not trying to be funny, but even if there was some kind of grand conspiracy, how would you know about it?
Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #51
W.HI.P
Free

This is not the first time that there has been an intervention as to avoid further violence.
Its quite common throughout Europe to take measures as to avoid violence, or even war.
If you unaware about the second, i'd advice you to limiting your opinion as it would have no value.
What is common practice throughout Europe certainly can't be considered by any means a conspiracy.
What is common knowledge in circles that it reflects upon may seem to the average fan as something grand as you like to call it.
I think its best that way.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #52
King
Conquistador

Well done on not actually answering the question.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #53
W.HI.P
Free

I answered quite clearly.

Quote:
What is common knowledge in circles that it reflects upon may seem to the average fan as something grand as you like to call it.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #54
King
Conquistador

Sorry, I was confused by the rather awkward sentence structure, but that's beside the point. So who do you mix with in these circles then? People from the FA? The South Yorkshire Police? And if a situation such as this, involving two English football clubs, were to be kept from the English football fans then I would consider it a conspiracy.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #55
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

W.HI.P....do you pick up any other channels through that tinfoil hat, or is it exclusively football related communications you're receiving?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:46 AM   #56
W.HI.P
Free

King, you wanna know who I am? what I do? where I live?...My adress maybe? ....My phone number possibly?
You want my girlfriends number while we're at it? oh, and don't forget my banking information and my credit card numbers.
Anthing else?
Grey undies today, but they're usually black.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #57
King
Conquistador

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.HI.P View Post
King, you wanna know who I am? what I do? where I live?...My adress maybe? ....My phone number possibly?
You want my girlfriends number while we're at it? oh, and don't forget my banking information and my credit card numbers.
Anthing else?
Grey undies today, but they're usually black.
No, I couldn't care less about any of that. I'd just like to know who you actually got this information from. I think it's quite a reasonable request, and it should be easy to comply with, unless of course you just made it up yourself. All you've told us so far is that this is true because someone you know told you it is, and that just doesn't cut it. Someone I know told me that the U.S. government planned and carried out 9/11, but that doesn't make it so.

To be honest, this Sheffield thing is getting a little boring. If anyone wants to talk about something else football related, I'll be more than happy to.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #58
W.HI.P
Free

good!
Old 01-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #59
King
Conquistador

This weekend was FA Cup 3rd round weekend in England, which is always good. 6 Premiership teams went out, Aston Villa, Wigan, Charlton, Sheffield United, Everton, and the holders Liverpool. The draw for the 4th round is:
Arsenal v Bolton
West Ham v Watford
Bristol City/Coventry v Hull/Middlesbrough
Chelsea v Nottingham Forest
Chester/Ipswich v Swansea
Cardiff/Tottenham v Southend/Barnsley
Barnet/Colchester v Peterborough/Plymouth Argyle
Birmingham/Newcastle v Reading/Burnley
Derby v Bristol Rovers
Sheffield Wed/Man City v Southampton
Crystal Palace v Preston
Man Utd v Portsmouth
Blackpool v Norwich
QPR/Luton v Blackburn
Wolves/Oldham v West Brom
Leicester/Fulham v Stoke

All-Premiership ties for Manchester United and Arsenal; they should both be good games, along with Chelsea vs. Nottingham Forest.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #60
King
Conquistador

I just thought some of you (particularly those in North America) would be interested in this:http://www.football365.com/story/0,1...829981,00.html

BECKHAM HEADS FOR LA ON £128M DEAL

David Beckham will leave Real Madrid at the end of the season and join side Los Angeles Galaxy on a £128million (250 million US dollars) five-year deal.

The former England captain will leave Real in June and begin his new career in Major League Soccer in August.

Beckham said in a statement: "This week, Real Madrid asked me to make a decision regarding my future and the offer to extend my contract by a further two seasons.

"After discussing several options with my family and advisers to either stay here at Madrid or join other major British and European clubs, I have decided to join the Los Angeles Galaxy and play in the MLS from August this year.

"I would like to thank the supporters and people of Madrid who have made my family and I feel so welcome in my time here, making this an extremely difficult decision to make.

"I have enjoyed my time in Spain enormously and I am extremely grateful to the club for giving me the opportunity to play for such a great team and their amazing fans.

"I am proud to have played for two of the biggest clubs in football and I look forward to the new challenge of growing the world's most popular game in a country that is as passionate about its sport as my own.

"For the rest of this season I will continue to give 100% to my coach, team mates and fans as I believe Fabio Capello will bring this club and its supporters the success they truly deserve."