The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #1
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Fatality investigations

are draining.

Just spent a week listening to the first-hand accounts of those who were present at the violent, unexpected death of a fellow first responder. The purpose was/is to analyze the big picture without pointing fingers and try to see if recommendations can be made with respect to the process that will help avoid similar fatalities in future.

Still - there were quite a few hard-working young people who were traumatized by the incident and who hadn't had any chance to vent until we spoke this week. I'm glad to have met them, and glad that they finally had a venue in which to safely vent. I hope they continue in their service. A big risk is that they are so traumatized by events like this that they quit.

There are so many of us who have tremendous stress in our daily work and who don't have ways to vent; yet, if we all succumbed to stress and quit, I think society would literally collapse.

I want to extend a congrats and a major thumbs-up to everyone who goes out there every day and contributes, no matter the personal stress, to the greater good. Every one of us is needed.

Love you all.