The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-06-2007, 02:06 PM   #16
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

i've been in gabbly for an hour. only zyppit's chatting with me.

take your need to hit the enter key there
Old 09-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #17
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
If I was a moderator, I would merge all of your butt cheeks together
If you were a moderator...

Sorry, I just can't grasp the concept.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #18
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
[mr burns]ehhhckss-elent![/mr burns]

It's working.
How is this current thread meme different from the Sandra Day O'Connor one back in 2005? You liked that one.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #19
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Dear glatt:

Your serious question deserves a serious answer. One dandelion is pretty. A yard full of them is a sign of neglect. One subject elevated this way (a collection of whole threads about a single subject, ala Sandra Day O'Connor) is/was funny. The droning, mechanical, UNcreative, relentless repetition of them is not funny.

You're right. I did like that one, back in the day. It was spontaneous, new and creative. I believe lumberjim deserves much of the credit for lighting the fuse on that particular fireworks display. What is happening now isn't dramatic fireworks. It's the 3rd (or 10th or 50th) consecutive hour of a string of firecrackers. Pop pop pop pop pop. The novelty has worn off. Sadly, novelty was pretty much the only thing the vast majority of these threads had going for them in the first place. They're thin to begin with and are now worn out.

For those of you who care about or are bothered by my complaining, I ask you: If they're just nothing fun threads to begin with, where is the loss? I can't stop you from posting them; I've no intention of impinging on your cellar-rights to free expression. And I'll continue to share that right and bear that responsibility. You say they're just bs and laugh. I just say they're bs. What's the difference?

I've commented on this very subject before. In that thread I present two ideas, both of which I complain about: excessive hatin' and clone threads. That day, the hatin' was more of a problem for me. Today, it's the clone threads.

edit: glatt, your link is busted. perhaps you were shooting for something like this. My handle does figure prominently amongst the thread authors.

Last edited by BigV; 09-06-2007 at 05:07 PM.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #20
monster
I hear them call the tide

You know what though, at least they're in the forum called NOTHINGLAND (mostly). 'Tis easy to stear clear if it really bothers you, the name says it all. People who don't like politics avoid that forum rather than posting "boring" in every thread -how is this so very different behaviour-wise?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #21
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Ok.

They also appear very prominently in the view called "New posts". It's not about walking between the piles, it's about cleaning them up.

EDIT:

Actually, to be more precise, I am not cleaning them up. I'm standing next to (in?!) them and pointing and loudly complaining "Crap!". They're there. I'm pointing them out. I (occasionally) make one myself. But I'm tired of them. Their presence is an irritation to me. That I'm put in a position to ignore them bothers me.

Ever live in an apartment or a dorm where the loud music, created in it's own private space, still intruded on you? That's how I feel here. Me and the neighbors, we have equal privileges. I just don't like what's going on. Wet blanket, humorless, spoilsport, "attitude". Whatever.

Last edited by BigV; 09-06-2007 at 05:25 PM.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #22
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
One dandelion is pretty. A yard full of them is a sign of neglect.
Bullshit! They are flowers, beautiful yellow flowers... and the plant is green. You bastards that are trying to make the whole world look like green AstroTurf, are just making the whole world dull and boring.

FLOWER POWER!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #23
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

I gotta agree that the "New Posts" view is pretty tedious right now.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:34 PM   #24
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Bullshit! They are flowers, beautiful yellow flowers... and the plant is green. You bastards that are trying to make the whole world look like green AstroTurf, are just making the whole world dull and boring.

FLOWER POWER!!!
MORE NAPALM!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #25
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Fascist!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #26
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Fascist!

Florist!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #27
monster

The Answer then, Mr V, is not to perpetuate them, but write something interesting in the good ones. Or quit using the new posts view.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #28
busterb
NSABFD

I've been here a few days and have some friends that I'd never had other wise. BUT some of the post drive me, the rest of way to nutts.
Perhaps I'm just a dumb country boy. I know bullshit when I see it.
Good job Big V. busterb
Quote:
Ok.

They also appear very prominently in the view called "New posts". It's not about walking between the piles, it's about cleaning them up.

EDIT:

Actually, to be more precise, I am not cleaning them up. I'm standing next to (in?!) them and pointing and loudly complaining "Crap!". They're there. I'm pointing them out. I (occasionally) make one myself. But I'm tired of them. Their presence is an irritation to me. That I'm put in a position to ignore them bothers me.

Ever live in an apartment or a dorm where the loud music, created in it's own private space, still intruded on you? That's how I feel here. Me and the neighbors, we have equal privileges. I just don't like what's going on. Wet blanket, humorless, spoilsport, "attitude". Whatever.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:49 PM   #29
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Well i think we all know where i stand here. If anyone wants me to elaborate though, I'll be happy to.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:14 AM   #30
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i would like you to
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote