Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-26-2017, 08:19 PM   #1471
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Pissing me off today?
I just broke a tooth.
I'm spitting out chunks of what feels like gravel and looks like it too, mixed with the occasional tooth fragments..

Goodbye lower-left-bicuspid. I'll miss you.
honeymoon over, pain begins. I want to amputate the left side of my head. jfc, it's passing in waves, I'm sweating, I can't sit still, then it subsides. repeat. ffucking hell, no dental insurance, I'm gonna have to pay full retail for emergency work, probably tomorrow afternoon. they're on the way home and they're open until 7 pm.

those pain meds I conserved from when I had the kidney stones? I'm not gonna pace myself so much anymore.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:00 AM   #1472
Griff
still says videotape

damn
Old 04-29-2017, 07:27 AM   #1473
Snakeadelic
Banned

BigV, it's an epidemic.

What's pissing me off today is JFC, why do I always wake up with the symptoms of an abscessed tooth on Fridays???

My dentist isn't in on Fridays. Neither is my MD. We're currently in the middle of a transportation crisis (hopefully they fixed the truck transmission...and maybe we get it back by Monday...) and the case manager who might be able to help me score a ride to the dentist for an emergency exam and maybe better antibiotics...out of office on Fridays. Local "bus" requires an appointment time, 24 hours' notice (weekends NOT included), and probably won't take me that far north--they've already refused to take me to appointments in a town halfway between me and my dentist.

If I MUST have another (soooooo many unladylike words here) dental abscess less than 6 months after that butcher in Missoula ripped out a root canal I'm not even done paying for because it was abscessed, next time maybe can it wait for a Monday morning???

Oh, and the root canal was in a lower canine, which turns out to have been a keystone tooth keeping my bite reasonably level. With it gone, I have 0 chewing surfaces on the left, my jaw is tilting, and holy hell does TMJ ever hate that! My face hurts and the ringing in my ears is so bad I had to swipe my neighbor's noise-canceling headphones because I can't hear well enough using ordinary headphones on my computer speaker any more.

All of that crap is on the hands of one ER doc who yelled at me for asking nicely for help and booted me without even considering antibiotics, which ended up leaving me with an untreated abscess for a full 7 days, since I woke up on Black Friday with that dental nightmare.

This new one's just being a brat because it can, I guess. It's not even next to the now-absent canine--it's on the top.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:31 AM   #1474
Snakeadelic
Banned

For the record, I complained about that ER doc, because I had a witness to his highly unprofessional attitude and refusal to treat even after HE CALLED MY DAMN MD on Black freakin' Friday. They determined he shouldn't have yelled, but that there was no reason to prescribe me antibiotics for what even he said was a severe infection. I think come Monday I'm forwarding my complaint to the state level, since Monday's my deadline to do that. And if I ever have another emergency room worthy problem, if he's the only doc on duty we're going to the hospital an hour away because (you know which unladylike word) that guy!
Old 04-29-2017, 01:26 PM   #1475
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeadelic View Post
...after that butcher in Missoula ripped out a root canal...
Is that even possible?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:31 PM   #1476
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Picasa is pissing me off.

I'm sure there's a legitimate, rational reason for why the last couple hours of work has culminated in a surprised, sour memory and no tangible result in my picture library. WTF.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:26 AM   #1477
Pi
desperate finder

I took a sandwich to work today as I will not be able to have proper lunch.
It's 9.30 and the sandwich is no more...
Old 05-02-2017, 06:44 AM   #1478
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

9:30 is almost brunch. Do you have access to vending machines? You know, those things that give you lots of calories, no nutrition, and no change.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:00 AM   #1479
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Is that even possible?
On a canine tooth, yes. If any of the dental work showed, I'd post a pic--you shoulda seen that jerk's face when I asked if they were gonna give me the tooth. They asked if I was sure I wanted it (and considering they'd refused me both sedation AND nitrous, I was regrettably clear-headed) and my answer was "Well, it is mine!"

I'm still paying off that root canal. The emergency room doctor who refused me antibiotics on the grounds that you apparently aren't supposed to take mind-bending dental pain to an ER during a national holiday weekend has been found blameless in his refusal to treat with antibiotics. You just call your dentist even if he's out of town with his family for Thanksgiving and you don't have his number, apparently.

Last edited by Snakeadelic; 05-11-2017 at 08:01 AM. Reason: too early for correct punctuation, apparently...
Old 05-11-2017, 08:11 AM   #1480
Snakeadelic
Banned

Grav, my dentist had the unique experience last year of having the tooth next to that canine, which is also root-canaled, pop right the hell out of my lower jaw, post and all, while he was working on a different tooth. Workmanship's not the issue; I have 4 other root canals, all by my usual dentist (not the one who pulled the canine), none of which have ever acted up at all--including the one that can't be crowned because of its small size and the fact that it sits at a 45-degree angle to where it SHOULD sit.

The really fun part is that now I need another root canal. Upper jaw this time, #12, which is next to the left canine one spot back toward the throat. My dentist won't do it because the root, it turns out, has a congenital deformity. It's BENT at the inside tip. I found a dentist who will do a difficult root canal and bill Medicaid, and I get to see him on the 24th. Should be fun...it's only a FOUR HOUR DRIVE not counting road construction delays.

Oh, and the neighbor who does all the driving is currently 3 states away. His dad, the titled owner of the Dakota that's been our transportation lifeline, is absolutely sure that since they finally had to replace the transmission that means the motor's about to explode or something. The bank will not work with him on a loan to buy a truck outside of Oregon, and they may very well refuse him the loan anyway. When they paid off the Dakota, the bank told him if he'd admitted the truck would go out of state with his son, they would have refused him the loan. This is a bank the family's been customers in good standing with for DECADES.

Last edited by Snakeadelic; 05-11-2017 at 08:13 AM. Reason: my belief that there is a special ring of Hell for those who don't proofread enough.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:57 PM   #1481
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeadelic View Post
This is a bank
All the explanation we needed.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:00 AM   #1482
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

How can the freezer be that full, and there's nothing in there to eat?

There is not room to put a 16 oz bottle of Pepsi in the refrigerator, and there is no food in the goddamn refrigerator.

There is no food in the pantry. There's all kinds of shit that goes with food, but no goddamn food. Want a steaming hot bowl of peas? I can fix you up. Want a bowl of green beans? You can have them. Want something that is not a canned vegetable? Go fuck yourself.

This is gonna be a great fucking day.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:03 AM   #1483
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's why McWendyKing is successful, pantry full of food and nothing to eat.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:05 PM   #1484
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

See, one of you guys was supposed to tell me to get off my ass and go to da sto...But, nooooo. You'd prefer I feed my McDiabeetus...

Bastidges.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #1485
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
honeymoon over, pain begins. I want to amputate the left side of my head. jfc, it's passing in waves, I'm sweating, I can't sit still, then it subsides. repeat. ffucking hell, no dental insurance, I'm gonna have to pay full retail for emergency work, probably tomorrow afternoon. they're on the way home and they're open until 7 pm.

those pain meds I conserved from when I had the kidney stones? I'm not gonna pace myself so much anymore.
well, my denial has failed.

I have made an appointment to have the tooth fixed properly, will be close to $3000. I'm filling out the credit application today. I have health insurance, but no dental coverage. I don't have the strength to argue about the difference at the moment.

My jaw is swollen, my face hurts, I'm taking about one half an ibuprofen per hour. On Monday afternoon, the plan is to

1 -- ADMINISTER ANESTHESIA

2 - n -- who cares

n+1 -- wake up with repaired tooth (root canal, post, possibly build up, crown preparation, rx for pain meds and antibiotics,

n+2 weeks -- return to dentist for crown application. Have not settled on gold vs porcelain. Honestly, I'd prefer the most durable/compatible with opposing tooth. I was told by this dentist that the gold, being soft, can wear through in about twenty years. huh. And the porcelain is much harder. Which worried me since that means the opposing tooth is "softer". He seemed confident that his skill at matching the bite would mean minimal opposing tooth wear. Anyhow.

Immediately, the pain will be endured, and I hope the infection can be controlled before it spreads too far in my jaw. Right now, I'm poor company, and I'm not getting much done on the deck demolition project. Maybe I'll have a drink, and then we'll see.

Tags
limburger