The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 10-17-2006, 04:42 PM   #256
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

mrnoodle - Don't worry, Even the lowest forms of life need to exist - otherwise we wouldn't know how wonderful the other forms are. Its the balance of nature.

BM(pun intended) - You asked Where’s your insightful rebuttal." " (BTW - that should have a question mark on the end of it.) My insightful rebuttal which you conveniently have not replied to since it crushed your bogus argument with fact and data is post #224 - if you can count that high. Its been there a week now.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:01 PM   #257
rkzenrage

Wow, that is a very simplistic way at looking at relationships noodle. I dated for many years before marrying my wife and just quit... it was easy, so was no longer living by myself, something I also had done since I was very young (my own room, that is) as well as on my own since sixteen... your argument makes no sense when compared to all other behaviors.
The IDEA of marriage is change.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:23 PM   #258
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmcaw
Hey do put on makeup and tuck your maleness behind your cross legs and stand in front of a full length mirror twirling about.
Let me tell you, it's quite fun. Not that you need me to tell you I'm sure.

Men are jerks. End of story. There are exceptions, many of the men here are exceptions, but you arent. You are a typical, selfish, stupid, woman-hating man. I have nothing but contempt for people like you.
I dont want to argue with you, you'll just drag it down to homophobia and namecalling like you do with every single other argument so far. But I also vote ban, if it comes to that, because youre losing your entertainment value fast.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:35 PM   #259
Flint
Snowflake

Just Don't Look - 30th October 1995

[Paul Anka]
To stop those monsters 1-2-3
Here's a fresh new way that's trouble free
It's got Paul Anka's guarantee...
[Lisa]
Guarantee void in Tennessee!
[All]
Just don't look!
Just don't look!
Just don't look!
Just don't look!
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:58 PM   #260
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

There's a morbid compulsion to look, similar to that which we feel when we pass a car wreck. You know you're not going to like what you see, but you can't help but look. (in most cases anyway) I also think that there's a part of all of us that just wants to be understood, so we continue to argue our point because from where we're sitting we're doing the right thing. We just keep looking for that tiny bit of common ground from which to create mutual understanding.

Well, either that or it's just because we're enjoying taking the piss.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:11 AM   #261
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage
Wow, that is a very simplistic way at looking at relationships noodle. I dated for many years before marrying my wife and just quit... it was easy, so was no longer living by myself, something I also had done since I was very young (my own room, that is) as well as on my own since sixteen... your argument makes no sense when compared to all other behaviors.
The IDEA of marriage is change.
What doesn't make sense about it? I mean, maybe it doesn't, but what specifically? Of course you make lots of changes when you get married...I'm talking about things that are real incompatibilities.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:30 PM   #262
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmcaw
A "Sally" is a nice way of calling an obsequies effeminate pussy-whipped mommas-boy that does more pom-pom waving than debating. These "Sally" think by being sickly agreeable with others insults they believe they can benefits without the responsibility. That’s what pussy-whipped mommas-boys are. Talk tough in groups and level accusation then run behind mommas skirt when it time to put up.
I've been stayin away from this, but I couldn't let this blatantly sexist comment go. You're using a female name to label a yellow bellied snake. Thats derogatory, and you must not know that many real women to be able to slander our gender that way. Talkin tough and talkin logically are two different things. And men who listen to their mommas make good huspands...as long as momma likes the wife. If momma aint happy, aint nobody happy. There is a good reason for that sayin. You're the only and worst cheerleader we have here at the cellar.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:53 PM   #263
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

morethanpretty - What did you just call me???
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:53 PM   #264
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram
Let me tell you, it's quite fun. Not that you need me to tell you I'm sure.

Men are jerks. End of story. There are exceptions, many of the men here are exceptions, but you arent. You are a typical, selfish, stupid, woman-hating man. I have nothing but contempt for people like you.
I dont want to argue with you, you'll just drag it down to homophobia and namecalling like you do with every single other argument so far. But I also vote ban, if it comes to that, because youre losing your entertainment value fast.
That was as offensive as anything he has said.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:16 PM   #265
Ibby
erika

Ah, but mine's simply an opinion, simply how I feel about people like him, wheras his is 'EVERYONE SHOULD LISTEN TO ME BECAUSE MY OPINION IS LAW".

I can't help it, I have a natural dislike of machismo and all that. I know not all men suck, but most men I've met do. If it helps, you certainly are intelligent enough to not be the kind of guy I hate.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:59 PM   #266
mrnoodle
bent

ooo. let's analyze Ibram next. spill it, dude. Release your demons.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:11 PM   #267
Ibby
erika

I'm queer, I dont like what I think of as 'typical' men, but love the cool ones, I think of myself almost as much a woman as I do a man, I like nonconforming but not for the sake of nonconformism... I think thats about it.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:27 PM   #268
Aliantha

That's what all the nonconformists say...
Old 10-19-2006, 12:11 AM   #269
mrnoodle
bent

what's the difference you feel in the fluttery bys when an attractive man walks out, as opposed to the girl? Do think you wanna do the guy first or the girl?

And why?
Old 10-19-2006, 12:13 AM   #270
Aliantha

I have nothing to add here other than I truly laughed out loud when I read your last post noodle. lol