The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 03-08-2017, 11:59 AM   #136
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

I anticipate a Presidential tweet where he says the CIA did all the hacking and blamed the Russians.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #137
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
When the Dems gang up on Trump, he doesn't need to fend them all off. He just attacks their base of influence, Obama.
Even moderates routinely insult Trump. Long term Republicans, who only voted Republican, are disparaging that president.

Trump needs reams of paper for his enemies list. Since his tweets make enemies daily. Of course his list is secret - to everyone except the Russians. He knows where friends can be found.

Trump is now doing 'Wag the Dog'. America's dumbest citizens love wars such as 'Mission Accomplished' or VietNam. Trump will use war so that dumbest Americans will cheer him on. Marines are now being deployed for unrestricted combat in a war that is not our problem. We are now moving from a support function of friends into unrestricted combat on something that was not a threat. Expect larger deployments - just like Nam.

Trump may seek any excuse to invade N Korea. Trump sees destruction as a fast path to promotion. George Jr successfully massacred almost 5000 Americans to promote himself. Expect Trump to match and probably exceed that.

Campaigning for a position on his enemies list. Unfortunately there is plenty of competition.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:11 PM   #138
Happy Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
I anticipate a Presidential tweet where he says the CIA did all the hacking and blamed the Russians.
No Trump tweet yet, but Hannity said it.
|_______________| [pics]
Old 03-11-2017, 02:57 PM   #139
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Its the weekend. He's down in FL drinking again.

"Did you hear what my man said today!" I can hardly wait.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:40 PM   #140
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Paddy Power, the Irish gambling website known for its over-the-top marketing stunts, says wagers associated with Mr. Trump have been more popular than any other novelty bets it has offered in the last year, including bets associated with Britain’s referendum on whether to leave the European Union.

Now, Paddy Power is hiring a “head of Trump betting” to oversee bets related to the American president and his administration.

The company, which is part of Paddy Power Betfair, a bookmaking business based in Dublin, is advertising the three-month contracted position amid sustained interest in Trump-related bets.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:31 PM   #141
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

CNN Analyst citing anonymous sources that Flynn has made a deal with the FBI to testify against Trump.

Meanwhile, the press pool following Trump say he has been in a "meeting" at one of his tennis resorts for four hours, refuses to say with whom. They are getting tennis tips from instructors while they wait.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:38 PM   #142
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Oh my, do you think Trump grabbed Flynn's pussy?
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 01:39 AM   #143
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

After which she was madly in love with him, and her unrequited love drove her to testify.
Trump's lawyers will say her unrequited love drove her mad, so unfit to squeal testify.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:26 PM   #144
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Your "good dad" analogy is horrible. A "good dad" is STABLE and COMFORTING.
That is not the point at all.

The point was, the common belief is that he is a narcissist, but narcissists of the variety he is suspected to be, do not have good, close relationships with their adult children.

From what I've heard in conversations of Celebrity Apprentice players, he does have a narcissist-level need to be liked. And his public actions certainly appear to be narcissistic. His children tell us that it is not so drop-dead simple. His particular variety of narcissism may be a little more complex.

Quote:
A "good dad" is STABLE and COMFORTING.
Some narcissists will give you exactly that. When narcissists are successful, it's because they project a believable self-confidence. It IS stable and comforting, as long as they are at a distance. They are in sales, for that reason.

this post has been delayed for a month, to allow the poisonous emotional atmosphere of the thread to clear before making the point
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:22 PM   #145
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
this post has been delayed for a month, to allow the poisonous emotional atmosphere of the thread to clear before making the point
Not on my watch, disagreeing scum! Your points are laughable--HA HA HA--I laugh.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:25 PM   #146
Flint
Snowflake

Also, I largely agree that your interpretation of the political atmosphere is an accurate, real thing. I don't agree with the degree with which you're using it as a lens to seemingly interpret every single political discussion, but considering it's a thing that's worth saying, that isn't said often enough, maybe you're just eager for people to acknowledge the thing, thus mitigate the damage it might do. So, I acknowledge the thing.

But, I don't think it's going away, because people are upset about legitimate, real things, that are bad, and that do need to change. Whether that changes the minds of the 20% of angry idiots that it takes to elect a garbage president--of course it won't. But do we fear saying the right thing, because it make make angry idiots get angrier and stupider? Well, that might be strategic, but OF COURSE we don't just avoid saying what's true and right. Society doesn't get better by being polite in the face of bad judgement, by excusing bad ideas. It's like raising a kid--making excuses for a bad kid creates a monster.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio

Last edited by Flint; 03-27-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:27 PM   #147
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Most content filled, most florid Flint - speak post this administration.

I approve of that message.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:06 PM   #148
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
But do we fear saying the right thing
"Do we fear saying..."

No we do not. We're super into making sure everyone hears what we say, so we say it with bombastic proclamations. Because it is not about conversation, not about convincing others. It is entirely about

Virtue signalling

"...the right thing"

People don't say the "right thing". It is not important to say the "right thing". We say "the thing that we want to reinforce in our pack because our side believes in it and the other side doesn't".

Political people, when presented with facts or alternate points of view, just become angry. That's how you know. It's not about "right".

This is more primal as sports. People are behaving as the apes that they are, dividing into packs and establishing alphas.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:22 PM   #149
Happy Monkey

I have no idea what to think of this:

Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity

That sounds like he doesn't think the investigation is going away, though it's hard to say what could force Nunes to do anything. Maybe he thinks that FBI indictments are coming?
|_______________| [pics]
Old 03-30-2017, 06:39 PM   #150
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

He can't count on a Presidential pardon, sooooooo...
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote