The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 05-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #46
wanderer
Master of the Domain

That sure looks delicious! Yum
Old 06-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #47
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

So... he's been home and I've been missing...

Not the reasons one would think...
But yes, its a level of distractedness.

Lots going on the last two weeks... sorting out the tilling problem took a level of research and running around and ... stuff.

Good news - bought a beaucoup used garden tractor with tiller and snow blower for an exceptionally good price, bad news it'll be available to us next season as it needs an engine rebuild, good news also bought a BIG arse walk behind Troy-Bilt Horse tiller - because it'll be next season before the tractor works and when the tractor does work the walk behind will hold it's value bad news despite running well standing still tends to stall when being used, good news he's pretty handy with engine stuff and he found the manuals online also good news also bought a good sized cargo trailer means hauling this stuff around or borrowing the neightbour's tiller if he can't find the issue with the walk behind won't be much of a pita, bad news the tomatoes I planted just before he got home blighted and collapsed over dead, good news in the process I discovered we have lovely frogs and many hummingbirds - cheered me up to no end after the disappointment, good news I had enough wood left from the first two raised beds to build a third (and there's still lots left) ... but filling it with soil from a separate commercial source and new half grown tomatoes set us back $200 - these are turning into expensive tomatoes, bad news after getting home Sunday night after a lovely day trip out to pick up the tractor one of the cats had collapsed, good news was I didn't inadvertently poison him, nor was it his kidneys and an immediate death sentence, nor did a dog eat him, was a case of FUS - something I hadn't seen since the mid 80's when pet food manufacturers improved and fixed their foods to reduce the rampant problem with dietary induced urinary issues in cats, bad news emergency surgery and subsequent care set us back $900 good news - he was home to help deal with this and the items sold in Australia meant we had the cash on hand, good news Basement Cat Cyrus is now back to his old adventuring self having bounced back from death's door so quickly as to surprise even the vet.

Going forward: good news: stuff is getting done, bad news: still gets done far more slowly than I'd like and there's way too much internet out there (took me 3 hours to catch up here this morning)

Last edited by Ocean's Edge; 06-06-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Ocean's Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #48
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

whew!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #49
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

yeah... that's pretty much my feeling about it

oh ... and I still freakin hate freakin TICKS