The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 04:52 PM   #46
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I think the challenge most people have with pits and other larger breeds is the amount of damage they can do when they decide they're going to have a go. A yippy dog is generally not going to inflict anywhere near the amount of damage unless it's on a small child, and everyone already knows you shouldn't leave any dog alone with kids. Particularly small ones (kids).

As I mentioned previously, I'm sure there are nice pitbulls out there. I've just never met one. In fact, the one that came closest used to live next door, but we had a situation one night where the neighbours came over for a few drinks and the dog followed (escaped their yard). We didn't worry too much. Our dogs didn't care, but then the neighbours decided to go home, but the dog didn't want to go. The owner - who loved the dog and treated him well etc. Did everything right as far as training and obedience was concerned - tried to get him up and he flat out refused. At stronger urging, the dog then bared his teeth and set himself to stay for the night. In the end, the only way he got the dog to move was to spray it with water. It was either that or get bitten.

They 'lost' the dog soon after that, even though they loved him and thought he was fantastic.

Tags
animal, dog, porcupine