The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #4261
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I was just thinking about you Bri. I stepped outside and it is oppressively humid. As I pondered your new central air I remembered my rental car has A/C (and working windows.) No sweating my ass off on the way home. Wooohooooooo
Old 06-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #4262
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
As the whore said to the virgin, "IT'S IN!"

I'm not turning this baby off till there's frost on my windows.

Enjoy!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #4263
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

I got glasses today, I only ordered them yesterday. I even got a 2 for 1 deal, so lenses with anti reflective, anti scratch and something else, one frame with the magnetic sunglass clip, and one reg pair for $289. so 2 prs AND a sunglass option! Cheapest deal in our town, for the quality of frames I picked. I can see things in the distance now! Now I have to get used to them LOL
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:53 AM   #4264
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/p...8059-home-show
Old 06-19-2009, 08:04 AM   #4265
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

When people say nice things, when people think you're pretty darn special, and don't make you feel badly about yourself. When people are honest and forthright, and don't play the games that always end badly. When people do not make you feel as though you are at fault for everything, but that you are the source of something good and important. When giving is more important than taking, making you want to give even more of yourself.

These are the things that make me happy.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #4266
Juniper
I know, right?

According to Ancestry.com - my latest obsession - I am related to:
Thomas More (supposedly he was my 14th great-grandfather)
Henry Thoreau
President Harry S Truman
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Jane Austen
Isaac Newton
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Lucille Ball
Hillary Clinton
and even Booker T. Washington, ROFLMAO

Last edited by Juniper; 06-19-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #4267
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I'm "up" today.
Phew, finally!

Went to a meeting at Oasis (my alcohol counsellors) then stayed for group therapy. It was a large, mixed group and it went well. On the back of that, I asked my doctor for Acamprosate, which she agreed would be helpful for the next two weeks, with Mum & dad away. In some people it decreases cravings for alcohol. Given that one of the side effects is insomnia, which I suffer from anyway, the doc signed me off some Zopiclone - the only thing that has really worked for me in th past. So no matter what happens next week, I will be able to sleep!

I'm going back to group next Tuesday. Those people spoke my language.
And this time tomorrow, the 'rents will be gone. Yes - I am conflicted about that, but right now Mum is in Super-Organiser Mode, and she's buzzing about so much I am viewing their departure with far less concern than previously Expect that to last about 12 hours!

I'm treating myself to a pizza tomorrow night.
Naughty, naughty and all that - but far better than a bottle of vodka. Over-eating (or treat-eating) can be rationalised into an overall healthy plan over the course of a week/ fortnight/ month. Drinking binges are bad news pure and simple, and can't be excused away. Also - one drunk leads to another in my life. It's so much harder to stop when you (I) have the fallout to deal with, which always requires more drink to blunt.

Going to the chemist tomorrow, because they have to order in the Acamprosate. And to collect my two anti-dpressants, my sleeping tablets and my GORD medication. I don't like having so many pills, but at least I feel protected by them at present. Then on into town. Not much, but things to do - it helps. And then pizza and a good night sleep
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #4268
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Bullitt: That story made me cry, in a good way.

Shawnee: You ARE a good kind special person,and I know you've made me feel good in here more than once.

Cherry: Wow! I am impressed! So good to hear you so upbeat, and making plans to take good care of yourself while they're gone. You have earned that pizza my dear!

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:25 AM   #4269
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
I'm "up" today.
Phew, finally!

Went to a meeting at Oasis (my alcohol counsellors) then stayed for group therapy. It was a large, mixed group and it went well. On the back of that, I asked my doctor for Acamprosate, which she agreed would be helpful for the next two weeks, with Mum & dad away. In some people it decreases cravings for alcohol. Given that one of the side effects is insomnia, which I suffer from anyway, the doc signed me off some Zopiclone - the only thing that has really worked for me in th past. So no matter what happens next week, I will be able to sleep!

I'm going back to group next Tuesday. Those people spoke my language.
And this time tomorrow, the 'rents will be gone. Yes - I am conflicted about that, but right now Mum is in Super-Organiser Mode, and she's buzzing about so much I am viewing their departure with far less concern than previously Expect that to last about 12 hours!

I'm treating myself to a pizza tomorrow night.
Naughty, naughty and all that - but far better than a bottle of vodka. Over-eating (or treat-eating) can be rationalised into an overall healthy plan over the course of a week/ fortnight/ month. Drinking binges are bad news pure and simple, and can't be excused away. Also - one drunk leads to another in my life. It's so much harder to stop when you (I) have the fallout to deal with, which always requires more drink to blunt.

Going to the chemist tomorrow, because they have to order in the Acamprosate. And to collect my two anti-dpressants, my sleeping tablets and my GORD medication. I don't like having so many pills, but at least I feel protected by them at present. Then on into town. Not much, but things to do - it helps. And then pizza and a good night sleep
So much good news, and common sense (but not dull with it)! If the 'rents are away does that give you a late pass for teh Cellar - will we see 100% attendance from SG for a fortnight? Huh?
Hugs to you, 'Girl!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #4270
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

FINALLY went to a therapist to deal with the festering skeletons in my closet. It was getting way too crowded in there. Felt good to let them out and breathe - now begins the long overdue process of asking them to leave.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #4271
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Got my final degree classification today *smiles*

On 23rd of July, when I graduate, I will be doing so with a 1st Class Honours degree. BA(Hons) History. I did it. *dances about, deliriously happy* I fucking did it! I got my 1st. Har!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:22 PM   #4272
monster
I hear them call the tide

yay Dana! WTG
Old 06-25-2009, 05:42 PM   #4273
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Oh Dana! Well bloody done mate! Mah-vellous! Well done!
Old 06-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #4274
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Thankyou! Ok, I now feel proud of myself :P Now I feel like I did a Good Thing.

The tension of the last few days as the time for going in and checking the board of results drew near has been all but unbearable lol. Now I can relax and enjoy being a graduand and looking forward to becoming a graduate.

I'm over the moon. I couldn't be any happier, even if there were candyfloss clouds breaking overhead to shower me with smarties.

And just to put the icing on the cake: my best friend found out today his uni have awarded him a full fees and maintenance scholarship to do his PhD. He's also graduating this July with a 1st class BA(Hons) from a different uni.

It's all comin up roses.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #4275
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Got my final degree classification today *smiles*

On 23rd of July, when I graduate, I will be doing so with a 1st Class Honours degree. BA(Hons) History. I did it. *dances about, deliriously happy* I fucking did it! I got my 1st. Har!
I ask you, was there ever any doubt?

Not from where I'm sitting there wasn't.

Good work.