The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #1
chrisinhouston
Professor

Summer/Fall travel plans shaping up.

Well we haven't been doing too much travel but that might change as we go into summer. My wife is working on a project with Rio Tinto, mostly with their mining operations. Looks like we will be in Namibia for the month of July and again in September. Not sure where yet, either Windhoek or Swakopsmund. The former is inland and the latter along the coast. I have heard the Namib desert and the Skeleton Coast are great for photography. We might do some side trips around the country, maybe the Elosha National Park for wildlife viewing. Also looking into doing a trip to Botswana and go to the Chobe River Delta for a week or so.

August will take us to Alaska to see my son and his family and also a daughter that also lives there with her little girl. My son will be busy finishing a home he is building near Juneau and his wife starts back to school in town where she is a teacher, my daughter works the afternoon evening shift at the Gustavus Inn so they need us to watch kids for a few hours each afternoon until my daughter in law gets home. It should be fun, 3 grand kids age 3 1/2, 3 and 4 months.

We also may go to Australia in October or November. Mostly in Brisbane, also for Rio Tinto Mining.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote