The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 11-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #2311
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Wouldn't have thought of it unless you mentioned it. They're too cute!!

I'm pining for a Border Collie - totally impractical at this point in my life. I want a super-intelligent dog who will happily run around keeping my theoretical heritage sheep (whose fleeces I'll spin and weave into blankets) and couple of dairy goats in order, and who will keep the foxes from the heritage chickens and turkeys. I've always liked Border Collies, never had one. I can always dream ...

Of course, a donkey or two could also do a great job of guarding the poultry ... but would end up 'mistaken' for a deer in this neighborhood, at some point.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #2312
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
I can't imagine 'buying' a cat. Still...those are great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Word.
I get you completely. This is what I thought before I tried to adopt a cat when I lived on a main road in Leicester. Now this was a while back (I documented it on here I think) but the charities assessed me as only being suitable for having house cats and none of them had house cats to adopt.

So although I technically "bought" my boys, I also adopted them and rescued them. Diz was over a year and Dylan was 9 months. There was a significant discount compared to buying Singa kittens.

Y'all probably know I lost Dylan. And I mean he really meant missing, it's not a euphemism. That's the real downside of healthy pedigree cats. I still dream about him now.

I couldn't afford a Singa now, kitten or older. But if I had my 'druthers I would have another when Diz dies. The temprement breeds true (excepting cat-friendly which Dyl had and Diz doesn't - in spades!).
My word I love having such an attentive, intelligent, human-centric cat.

As it goes I probably won't even get a moggie. Not fair with an unsure future.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #2313
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Last pic of Sassy.

Name:  Last of Sassy.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  80.7 KB

My next door neighbor, no not that one, the one on the other side, the one who has shared our property line for ~forty years came up to Momdigr a few weeks ago, asking if he "could let this loose in your yard?" He had a possum in a live-trap. Said something has been shitting in his boat shed. He asked if "that little white cat" belonged to us. Momdigr told him that, yes, they were feeding the cat, they were keeping the cat, and detailed to him how it took forever working hard w/Sassy to get to touch/pet her, and told him we would try to keep her at home. That night was the last we've seen of her.

This aggression will not stand.

I've since told the cocksucker man that he had pretty much destroyed any goodwill/good neighbor points he had with me, even though I didn't particularly like the damn cat.

I left him a pile of my shit on a plate on the hood of his truck. Every night I come in after 10 pm, I make it a point to park the Jeep right outside his bedroom window and rev the motor just a little...after forty years or so, I happen to know he can't sleep for shit, and every little thing wakes him up. He came to borrow a hoe from Popdigr, Popdigr wasn't home, I told him he was SOL (Shit Outta Luck). "He let's me use it all the time", he moaned. I told to come back when Popdigr was home.

This shit will continue until one of us dies, or moves.

He's in his 70s, and I ain't moving.

He has been told, plainly, to keep his hands off the black kitty.

The bastard.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #2314
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Dude was the best neighbor, right up til this...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #2315
Nirvana
Back in 10

Orthodoc I love herding breeds. I have 4 herding dogs 2 cattle dogs and two Belgian Sheepdogs. If you can get past 2 years old you have it made! This is Suede, Mia is flirting with him. He is 7 and my right hand man!

Name:  MiaNov2012.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  99.8 KB

GD you think he live caught your sweet kitty?
Old 11-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #2316
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Nirvana, how in the world did he manage to get that dog into that pen? That's some mad herding skillz, yo.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #2317
orthodoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Orthodoc I love herding breeds. I have 4 herding dogs 2 cattle dogs and two Belgian Sheepdogs. If you can get past 2 years old you have it made! This is Suede, Mia is flirting with him. He is 7 and my right hand man!

Attachment 41747
He's gorgeous!! What livestock do you keep? I've looked at Great Pyrs as well - haven't been able to check out cattle dogs. But I really love the herding breeds (I know, Great Pyrs are guarding rather than herding, but they're beautiful). It all has to wait, though, until I'm done with this residency. I really hate apartment living. No woods, no fields or gardens, no ability to just open the door and walk outside. No animals, domesticated or wild.

@Grav - I'm appalled. I'm so sorry ... it makes me SO furious that people consider themselves entitled to callously destroy animals who inconvenience them. So sorry, I loved your pics of Sassy in other threads.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #2318
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
GD you think he live caught your sweet kitty?
He did.

He hasn't admitted to doing it, but, in none of my rantings has he denied it, he just takes the abuse. (He's not the kind to do that, especially if he was innocent.)

To just take someone's pet and take it off to wherever, and drop it, or kill it, or whatever he did with her...That's just rotten. I've told him so, too.

I've begun to chew gum again. Just so I can throw the used up wad on the roof of his house. That'll drive him nuts.

I will fuck with this man til one of us dies.

ETA: Just so ya know (kinda) where we stood before this began, years ago I told this man's wife that, come or hell or high water, if anything ever happened to Momdigr, she was gonna be my second mother. I still feel that way.

Most people only get one momma, I'm lucky, I got three!!

Last edited by Gravdigr; 11-21-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #2319
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Oh, oh I love the pic of Annie and King. What a lovely pair of dogs. The look of patience on the older dog's face is gorgeous.
Quote:
I have a short piece of video (well, the video part sucks, but, the audio is awesome) of that game of keep-a-way...might post it sometime.

Still-camera video, shot in very low light, brightened with Windows Live Movie Maker.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #2320
orthodoc

Quote:
He did.

He hasn't admitted to doing it, but, in none of my rantings has he denied it, he just takes the abuse. (He's not the kind to do that, especially if he was innocent.)

To just take someone's pet and take it off to wherever, and drop it, or kill it, or whatever he did with her...That's just rotten. I've told him so, too.

I've begun to chew gum again. Just so I can throw the used up wad on the roof of his house. That'll drive him nuts.

I will fuck with this man til one of us dies.
It frosts me, infuriates me, that we don't legally protect animals from human cruelty. There is no way via the courts to make this man accountable, so ... social punishment. Ostracism. Public shaming. I'm imagining a sign on your front lawn with a picture of Sassy curled up in that cart, and the words 'Kitty killer' and a big arrow pointing to his place.

Eta: Or the sign could say, 'Ask HIM what he did with our pet.'

Okay, I'll calm down. No need for meds. Just chew some gum for me too, Grav.

Last edited by orthodoc; 11-21-2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: More sign ideas
orthodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #2321
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yes! Yes! A sign!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #2322
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
That's some mad herding skillz, yo.
I feel quite confident in saying that that particular group of words has prolly never been uttered before the moment a Dwellar read it out loud.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #2323
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Yes! Yes! A sign!
For a while there, every time I drove past this one car dealership, there was a pickup truck driving slowly back and forth past the place with a huge sandwich board sign in its bed made of full sized sheets of plywood. The sign said something like "xxx dealership sold me this lemon and refuses to fix it."

I have no idea if that had a measurable impact on their sales, but every time I drive past there, I remember that truck. I know nothing of that dealership, but I have a negative view of it.

I wonder if they ever fixed his truck?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #2324
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
...a sign on your front lawn with a picture of Sassy curled up in that cart, and the words 'Kitty killer' and a big arrow pointing to his place.
So far I've kept myself from actually causing real damage to property, cuz I don't wanna get sued over a cat I never really liked in the first place...

...but, would such a sign (maybe "Petnapper" in stead of "Kitteh Killer") be actionable? I mean, considering it's true, could I get sued?

I might could be sued over the gum in the shingles, too couldn't I? Hmmm...might change the gum to his paved driveway.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #2325
orthodoc

See the eta in my first post ... yes, I thought better of 'Kitteh Killer'. No direct accusation, just 'ask HIM what he did'.

I don't know for sure about the legal implications. The sign is mostly wishful thinking, but it'd be great if it could be done without risk of lawsuits. I'll ask my oldest son when he gets here late tonight.