The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-30-2004, 02:47 PM   #61
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf

Can't you just increase the amount of sterine that you add to the wax mixture to stabilize it?

That's not how I make them. I burn different types of candles, along with crayons (sparkly, regular, neon, swirl) and make a base for whatever I'm going to make. Then I mold the drippings that don't stay attached to the candle, or I burn a tealight candle, and pour the wax out onto a surface and carve it into whatever I want it to be, and attach it to the base-- or I carve the candle itself into what I want it to be.

For instance, I have one candle that started out in a decorative flowerpot. I took several tea candles, burned them, poured the wax out, and carved them into flowers. I let them solidify, peeled them up, then heated them again and molded them. I then took several long green drips that had broken off a candle that was on a bottle, and attached them into the flowerpot as background greenery, then added the flowers. It looks real.

I took pictures of all my candle sculptures, but I haven't gotten them developed yet.

I need something that I can maybe spray on the finished sculptures that won't degrade them, but will preserve them well enough so that they won't melt easily. I have one sculpture of a castle on a hill that I have to keep in front of the air conditioner, or the walls of the castle start to slide...lol...

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:11 PM   #62
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

I once played poker for 56 hours straight, at a table where over $50,000 changed hands in the course of the game.

And Blue, when you want to start throwing back Johnny Walker Black, call me. We'll see who stands longer. 28 is the perfect age for a liver - it's used to be kicked in the head every two weeks, but not old enough to be broken.

-sm
smoothmoniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:38 PM   #63
jaguar
whig

Quote:
I once played poker for 56 hours straight, at a table where over $50,000 changed hands in the course of the game.
Finish up or down?
Old 04-30-2004, 04:20 PM   #64
glatt

Quote:
Originally posted by blue58

I've been electrocuted & burned on many occasions and lived through it.

What's my cool score?
I think the electrocuted/burnt thing may work against you. Cool people know how to treat electricity without getting shocked.

Besides, to be a nit-picker, doesn't "electrocuted" mean that you died of an electric shock?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 04:28 PM   #65
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I crossed wolf whatever pass. and i stayed in durango for a night. I have a really funny picture of jinx all fucking drunk on the porch of the motel we stayed in while we were there, too. If i can find it i'll post it.

jack daniels coolers, high altitude, and a little grass make jinx pretty kooky
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 04:39 PM   #66
marichiko

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
I crossed wolf whatever pass. and i stayed in durango for a night. I have a really funny picture of jinx all fucking drunk on the porch of the motel we stayed in while we were there, too. If i can find it i'll post it.

jack daniels coolers, high altitude, and a little grass make jinx pretty kooky
Well, now you have the explanation for me as well, 'cept I don't do grass, just the Jack!
Old 04-30-2004, 04:44 PM   #67
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally posted by glatt

I think the electrocuted/burnt thing may work against you. Cool people know how to treat electricity without getting shocked.

Besides, to be a nit-picker, doesn't "electrocuted" mean that you died of an electric shock?
No way man, cool means getting right back on that horse!

And for the record it was several electrocutions and a few non-electrical incidents with fire.

And yep, too nitpicky.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:45 PM   #68
blue
Operations Operative

I have a really funny picture of jinx all fucking drunk

How 'bout sharing, c'mon man where's the love?
Old 04-30-2004, 04:46 PM   #69
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

blue, weren't you the one that fell out of the tree with the chainsaw?
Old 04-30-2004, 05:03 PM   #70
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
Originally posted by marichiko
Songline for Wolf Creek Pass
I used to live in the foothills south of Del Norte, one town away from South Fork. I wrote the little weekly papers for DN, SF, and Creede. Gads I loved that part of the world. I would be there to this day if they had paid me more than $265 a week.

Anybody live in the valley still? Update me
Old 04-30-2004, 05:19 PM   #71
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
blue, weren't you the one that fell out of the tree with the chainsaw?
Yeah, that was me....damn you got a good memory.

That wasn't cool tho....that was stupid the way I placed myself. The "cool" part was when I hopped right back up, and went to work (chainsaw kept running) on the part of the tree that fell with me (I was in pain & feelin like a dumbass, but I knew the wife was watching).

Come to think of it, she witnessed a couple of my electrical adventures too, and I pretended nothing happened even tho I knew she was freaking out. I get lots of good hot lovin by the way....must be the danger factor.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:25 PM   #72
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by blue58

I get lots of good hot lovin by the way....must be the danger factor.
OR ....it could be your big hairy ass.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:31 PM   #73
blue
Operations Operative

Maybe, but just between us I suspect it's my huge penis.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:34 PM   #74
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

oh, you're still confused from the electrocution. the dream thread is over there---->
Old 04-30-2004, 05:39 PM   #75
marichiko

Quote:
Originally posted by mrnoodle

I used to live in the foothills south of Del Norte, one town away from South Fork. I wrote the little weekly papers for DN, SF, and Creede. Gads I loved that part of the world. I would be there to this day if they had paid me more than $265 a week.

Anybody live in the valley still? Update me
How on earth could you stand to leave? I know, poverty. As far as I'm concerned the area around Wolf Creek and points west is some of the most drop dead beautiful in the world. I travel the valley on a regular basis. From what point would you like an update? And where are you now?