The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #196
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Saw this in a comment posted under an article about Abortion. Fucking hell, Carlin is awesome.

Quote:
"They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked.

Conservatives don't give a shit about you until you reach "military age". Then they think you are just fine. Just what they've been looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers. Pro-life... pro-life... These people aren't pro-life, they're killing doctors! What kind of pro-life is that? What, they'll do anything they can to save a fetus but if it grows up to be a doctor they just might have to kill it'They're not pro-life. You know what they are? They're anti-woman. Simple as it gets, anti-woman. They don't like them. They don't like women.They believe a woman's primary role is to function as a brood mare for the state."

George Carlin
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:13 PM   #197
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  celebs-24.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  20.3 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:05 PM   #198
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Tommy Lasorda, if it's on his mind, it's out his mouth. The guy don't pull his punches.

Case in point, speaking on the Donald Sterling/V. Stiviano situation:

Quote:
I’ve been a friend of that guy’s for 30 years. It doesn’t surprise me that he said those things. That doesn’t surprise me. And he shouldn’t have said it, and he just hurt himself by talking too much and doing things that he shouldn’t be doing.

And I don’t wish that girl any bad luck, but I hope she gets hit with a car.
~Tommy Lasorda, quoted by WPBF in West Palm Beach, Florida

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:51 PM   #199
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Lasorda was a good friend of my father-in-law's. That's definitely him.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #200
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Stay up, pray up, and don’t give up till you go up!
~Cleo, commenter on the 'Frog in a Blender' whateverthehellitwas

Old 05-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #201
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
I believe I did use the 'N' word in reference to the current occupant of the Whitehouse. For this, I do not apologize — he meets and exceeds my criteria for such.
Robert Copeland, 82, in a recent e-mail to his fellow Wolfeboro, NH police commissioners

Old 05-16-2014, 11:07 AM   #202
DanaC

I think that's disgraceful.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #203
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Prolly not his finest moment.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #204
DanaC

Also: I missed the condom one til just now. Ha!
Old 05-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #205
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Mr. Copeland has resigned.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #206
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
~Goethe

Old 06-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #207
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Never trust a skinny cook.
Quote:
Could be worse, could be raining.
Quote:
...darker than the inside of a cow.
~Late Grandmadigr

Old 07-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #208
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  jlquote.JPG
Views: 277
Size:  50.3 KB

Old 08-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #209
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Take a chance, while you still got the choice.
~Bon Scott, lyric from 'Rock & Roll Damnation' by AC/DC

Old 09-29-2014, 05:37 PM   #210
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I will kill you all.
~Gen. James Mattis, USMC (Ret.)

Quote:
After the invasion of Iraq -and after sending his tanks and artillery home- Mattis sent this message to the Iraqi leaders in every area his men served in.
~Wikiquote quote