Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 03-29-2005, 04:00 AM   #196
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're right 404, I stand corrected.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:36 AM   #197
404Error
Lecturer

Didn't mean to rain on your parade Bruce, but I knew who that was right away because I'm a big revolver fan and have enjoyed watching Miculek for some time now. BTW, he was using a S&W 625 .45ACP with full moon clips, no speed loaders needed.

Back in the day I shot competition PPC matches and the occasional combat match for the prison with a fellow officer and gunsmith friend of mine. We both used revolvers exclusively and did quite well against most of the auto loaders. Reloading a cylinder with speed loaders as fast as an auto takes a lot of endless practice standing in the living room every night with your holster on and dropping empties on the rug.

Hummm...maybe that's why I'm not married anymore....nah.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:39 PM   #198
Lunaephiliac
Nice people frighten me.

Holy crap.

Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished, persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
-Mark Twain
Lunaephiliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:59 PM   #199
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I know that the signature is an important part of personal expression and all ... but could you please reduce the text size.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:17 PM   #200
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I know that the signature is an important part of personal expression and all ... but could you please reduce the text size.
Careful, wolf, you may annoy her with that tone...
Old 03-29-2005, 02:19 PM   #201
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Full moon clips? (not a revolver owner)
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:22 PM   #202
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

The full moon is on the back.
http://www.danforthpewter.com/64-0252.html

Always happy to help.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:50 PM   #203
lookout123
changed his status to single

one of my clients is a western shooter. he has a variety of carry pieces that are semiauto, but his competition is always with revolvers. hecasts his own ammunition. what a very cool process to watch.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:27 PM   #204
mrnoodle
bent

revolvers can always be shot faster than semi-autos because the cycle time on an auto is always the same. Recoil pushes back the slide and ejects the round, then the slide has to come back forward while encountering the resistance of the fresh round coming from the magazine and into the chamber. Revolvers are as fast as the fingers shooting them.

There's a guy who has beat Miculek in competition - Bud Bond. He beat him in 2001, I believe. Bud had all his gun work done at the shop I worked at, so we had his little plaque hanging up for quite a while. He and the owner have since had a falling out (EVERYONE eventually has a falling out with this owner, including me) so I don't know what's become of Bud.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:17 PM   #205
404Error
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune
Full moon clips? (not a revolver owner)
The .45 ACP (Autoloading Colt Pistol) round is designed with a recessed rim for auto loaders and as such they would not seat in the cylinder of a revolver. The rounds can clipped into the moon clips shown here and then you can just drop all 6 rounds into the cylinder of revolver chambered for the .45 like a ready made speed loader. The tool shown with the clips is for extracting the spent shells from the clip, kind of like a little pry bar, since they click in fairly tight. You can get full, half and even quarter moon clips but why anyone would want the latter is beyond me.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2005, 06:34 PM   #206
404Error
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
one of my clients is a western shooter. he has a variety of carry pieces that are semiauto, but his competition is always with revolvers. hecasts his own ammunition. what a very cool process to watch.
Reloading is the only way to go if you do a lot of shooting. With the cost of factory ammo nowadays you could never afford to get good enough for most competition shooting events. I've saved tons of money by casting bullets and reloading my own ammo. It's almost as much fun as the shooting...almost.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:39 PM   #207
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Didn't mean to rain on your parade Bruce,....
No problem there, I'd rather have the right poop.

Quote:
You can get full, half and even quarter moon clips but why anyone would want the latter is beyond me.
Smaller pocket bulge, maybe?
Old 03-29-2005, 09:02 PM   #208
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Cool discussion on moon clips . I have wanted a SW 610 (.10mm revolver) for a long time , i don't see them comeing up for sale much tho .
Old 03-30-2005, 04:29 AM   #209
404Error
Lecturer

When the 10mm round first hit the market I ran out and bought a Colt 10mm Delta Elite in stainless steel and all the reloading equipment and brass to go with it. I liked it okay but being a revolver guy I ended up trading it in for a S&W 657, .41 mag. and have been kicking myself in the ass ever since for getting rid of the Colt. When the .40S&W round came out I ran out and got a S&W 4006, it's a great carry gun and I love the .40 round ballistics but it's still an auto. The S&W 610 came out for a short time in the early 90's and I missed getting one at the time but they have since begun producing them again. It's definitely on my "gotta have one" list because it's the best of both worlds in the .40 caliber field. Not only will it shoot the 10mm but .40S&W and the 10mm 'lite'. Very versatile revolver, good choice, Zippyt. You might try the S&W dealer locator for starters to find one.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:31 AM   #210
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Here's a clip that works well with the thread title.

Damn, that "Requiem for a Dream" music is good.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote