The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 07-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #121
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
The sky looks like that from the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
All right, then. I have to go there.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #122
glatt

looks like that at Bryce Canyon too.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #123
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Most stars I ever saw was from the Joshua Tree monument on rte 10 outside Needles Ca. at 1am... Jinx and Iwere on our way back from Oakland to Tucson. Makes you feel small.

•spoken in to my phone
Old 07-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #124
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I can beat you all.

Look up some moonless night from more than 50 miles out at sea! Without the light pollution, the stars are AMAZING!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #125
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Right there with you Pam. The sky from the Baltimore canyon off the coast of DE/MD was, by far, the most amazing view of the stars I have ever seen.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #126
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

"beat"... well... not a competition.

But I was on a cruise once through the South Pacific. Between Tahiti and Australia there were some lovely islands where we made port. There were also some "sea days" (and nights) where it was just our lonely tiny boat out in the middle of a LOT of water. On one of those nights at see, I went forward. There was one deck that ran around the ship including across the front of the ship. This is kind of unusual, most of the action is aft, or along the sides of the ship. On the back of the ship there are lots of lights, that's where the party is. But forward, they keep it dark so they can see the lights of any boat that might be ahead of them. It was a moonless night, and the sky was full of stars overhead. As I looked all around, I noticed that the density of the stars in the sky did not diminish as my my gaze moved downward from the zenith to the horizon. The sky at the horizon was just as dark as the sky overhead, and just as full of stars. I've never seen anything like it. Everywhere else I've been, the sky was lighter near the horizon, and consequently more washed out for stargazing. Not this night. It was awesome.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #127
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

The desert night sky north of Tucson is like that, as long as you are not looking south towards the city. They work hard out here to control light pollution. It is amazing, so different from Indiana.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by Pico and ME; 07-31-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #128
glatt

they work hard here to create light pollution. Bunch of scaredy cats afraid of the dark.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #129
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Well, yeah, some are here too. Like my Moms neighbor who has two house lights in the front and two in the back that they keep on ALL THE TIME. VERY aggravating.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #130
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

CAMama's tigger pic

Name:  wallpapurr.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  94.8 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #131
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  wlppr.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  69.9 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #132
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  Never Forget.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  139.8 KB

Old 09-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #133
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I won't show it large, as it involves nipples (albeit male).
But I like the colours and it reminds the 'rents of their most recent holiday.
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #134
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

A day in the sun.

Very relaxing.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #135
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Jim's bacon wallpaper on the puter, and Neil deGrasse Tyson, unimpressed, on the SimpleTouch.

Name:  wallpapers.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  165.8 KB