The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 10-27-2015, 04:15 PM   #61
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

This whole discussion is bullshit really. It's simple. I just won't participate. The rules seem obscure and subjective and I really just can't be bothered with dumb shit like this these days.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:03 PM   #62
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

They're not rules, they're requests for spoiler warnings, but whatever.

Fuck me that was an intense episode. I think this may turn out to be the Walking Dead's best series. All three episodes so far have knocked it out the park. And I am loving the narrative structure they've gone for. The way it all dovetails together is just great.

Spoilers below:

I don't recall Rick looking that scared and vulnerable for a very long time, as he does at the end sitting in that camper van with the herd spilling out around it. With the beard gone and looking more like the old Rick, it seems to emphasise that vulnerabilty.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:20 AM   #63
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I had a Walking Dead dream last night. The first I've had since I was in the nuthouse I think. Although back then it was probably a very bad idea to gorge on the boxsets alone in my room when I was already paranoid and terrified by my environment.

This one was rather yummy, involving Daryl.
Disturbingly yummy, as he was preparing to take advantage of a man who had betrayed them, been bitten but not yet turned. He figured he'd soon be an unperson, so why not? He reached across me to get the baby oil from my bedside table (no, I won't explain further) and then my stupid phone alarm went off because I had an early morning blood test.

Damnit!

No rape dream should be erotic of course.
And I would not sanction that behaviour in real life.
But somehow, in the dream, it was very masculine and sexy.

Sorry.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:13 PM   #64
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Well Jesus Harry christ. I finally got caught up on twd andcame here only to find arguments and discussions I can't read because some of us poor folks mostly get here from our phones and I can't be all highlighty text person. I purposely didn't come here before I caught up (thanks to brother going out of town and offering me his residence for a few days) because. ..hello...spoilers expected.

So fuck this. Maybe I can get a look on break at work tonight.

I need to gets me some of however everyone else manages.

Grumble
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:44 PM   #65
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Ok, well, then I'll stay out of this thread when I am not up to date - Sundae should probably do the same. That way people can post spoilers without whiting out the text.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:15 PM   #66
infinite monkey

Do whatever everyone else thinks is right. I'm just mad at the world all the time and please take things I say with a grain of salt.

For another thread: I can't get out from under this depression.

As always, sorry.

I'm looking forward to reading your highlighted text later, dana, and discussing the show. One thing in particular. ..
Old 11-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #67
infinite monkey

So, all spoilers, all the time:

Before I had my doubts that Glenn really died I actually yelled "NOOOOOOOOOOO."

They didn't do an In Memoriam on Talking Dead so...

I don't think he's dead. I loved the touch of hearing Glenn on the Walkie Talkie, and I felt like it was foreshadowing as I fondly remembered "hey dumbass, yeah you in the tank" when Rick and Glenn first met. So at the end of episode 6 it's up in the air who is asking for help on the talkie...and I don't care how the interwebz sez they've super-analyzed it and it can't be Glenn...I think it's Glenn. Though, maybe too soon for them to reveal that, don't we need to wait like 5 years until the second half of the season to find that out?

Maggie preggers makes me yawn, but whatever.

Merritt Wever, who plays Denise, played Zoey on Nurse Jackie. Loved her on that show. She was hilarious, I don't think she'll get to be really hilarious on TWD.
(Did anyone else feel like Tara was framing her vajayjay for Denise when she turned that chair around and straddled it?)
Old 02-03-2016, 11:34 PM   #68
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I'm up to season 5 episode 14. I've been binge watching.

It's immersive foshizzel. I find myself wanting to purchase a katana or a dagger with a 10" blade.

I know I would probably get eaten in the first week of a zombie apocalypse, because I'm too old and fat to outrun the biters, but I can't help identifying with the characters and imagining who I would be like.

Last edited by lumberjim; 02-03-2016 at 11:42 PM.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:26 AM   #69
glatt

That's the wrong way to think about it. In the first week, you would join the stronger team and partake in the smorgasbord of the weak team that is running scared. mmm. Brains.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:06 AM   #70
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

The stronger team is actually the Cellar.
All holed up in Elspode's friends' nuclear bunker.
GD walkers don't stand a chance.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #71
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No need to bother Elspode.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:11 AM   #72
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

SPOILERS

S
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

Warned, you were.

I'm not going into very much detail, but if you haven't watched the episode prior to the one I am going to post about, it will reveal something which will spoil a surprise. And a bit about this one too.

Okay.

I'm a bit weirded out by the last episode I watched. Season 6, episode 13 apparently (I had to look it up as I don't keep track).

Everything I have now read online - and I never pre-read reviews for this series, although I'm happy to read the graphic novels - has suggested that Carol is having a crisis of conscience. It's completely accepted by all reviewers and fans, and by an interview with Melissa McBride.

I think I must be far far worse at interpretation than I thought, because I swear the character was playing possum all the way through. I mean yes, some regret. But not that she was genuinely thinking about Jesus and atoning for her sins etc. And okay, it didn't stop her burning people alive. But these people wanted to kill her, to kill her pregnant friend, were not genuinely interested in a trade (what a SHAME! Alicia Witt would have been magical in Rick's group).
Carol killed a child with less compunction. She killed two people who might or might not have been ill.
Now she's fretting about killing the bad guys?!

I know it fits.
I completely accept that the cumulative effect and the responsibility and the horror could catch up on her, so I'm not criticising the writing. Or the acting.
I just feel bad for reading it so wrong.

Maybe all those people I killed really were quite nice human beings...
Old 03-16-2016, 09:14 AM   #73
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Carol is a badass
Old 03-16-2016, 10:26 AM   #74
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Everything I have now read online - and I never pre-read reviews for this series, although I'm happy to read the graphic novels - has suggested that Carol is having a crisis of conscience. It's completely accepted by all reviewers and fans, and by an interview with Melissa McBride.

I think I must be far far worse at interpretation than I thought, because I swear the character was playing possum all the way through. I mean yes, some regret.
She was playing possum. But she's also suffering a crisis of conscience, indicated by the scene with her kill tally notebook in the previous episode, and her discomfort with the idea of Maggie being too hard. An earlier Carol would have been all for that, but now she was sort of investing her moral center in Maggie.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:25 PM   #75
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Why didn't they just drive the truck down the tracks?