The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #8386
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Of course you're kidding. But thank you.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #8387
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
If you had Canadian citizenship I'd so marry you in a heartbeat. Heck, I might even ask you if you wanted to.

Seriously, Ortho, stay away from him at all costs. Rent a friend, Join a church or something. I hear Christians love to get all up in people's bizniss.

Good vibes to you.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #8388
orthodoc

Heh - first time anyone's wanted me for my Canadian citizenship.

I'm so frustrated tonight - lost track of the fact that my vehicle registration was up for renewal and discovered it expired Oct. 31! I never, never lose track of things like that. I keep worrying about getting chemo-brain. I did the online stuff but also have to call my insurance agent for a new card, as that expires Dec. 1. And perfect storm, my license expires Nov. 11. I did the online thing to get a photo card but - really? - a driver's license photo while I'm having chemo, wearing a wig. Well, that'll be fun to show the state troopers for the next five years. And I have to go back to PA to get it because my insurance is still in PA (insurance agent said it was cool since I was coming back ... don't know if that's true now, but that's my story at the moment). Wonder if I can play the cancer card on this one ... somehow I think the DMV people are just not going to be sympathetic.

My second chemo is tomorrow and I'll be alone for it, which is ok, but I have SO much academic stuff to get done literally by tomorrow, I'm back to pulling all-nighters. And sleep through chemo, maybe? I don't seem as efficient as I used to be and I hate to ask for extensions. Hate it. I want to rock these courses and come out the other side celebrating.

I won't have the Neulasta shot this time, which is good and bad. Good because the worst of the bone pain shouldn't happen; the really bad stuff, my onco told me, was the shot. Bad because I'll go truly neutropenic this time and be at risk of getting something nasty and ending up in hospital. Everybody risks this, I guess. Just scary because I do clinics all next week and could pick up anything. It's not as bad as doing Peds or Infectious Disease but still a risk.

And other upsets that seem worse tonight - probably the steroids making things seem worse - but. I want to rock my MPH and be as on top of things as I've been the past two weeks, and I can see it all slipping away. I'm so upset tonight, I'm playing my Angry Sad Music playlist.

One good thing ... the Affordable Care Act will continue in force. Thank every force in the universe I can imagine, and those I can't imagine.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #8389
anonymous
Operations Operative

A cow orker...one of the aforementioned folks vying to see how fast they could get their heads up the new leader's ass, threw me under the bus late this afternoon. Wrote me a scathing email (about an issue he was just as much at fault for as I was) and copied the new leader. Of course, I wrote back about my part...but I know how that works around here.

He'll probably get me fired and that's what I don't get. We're all under stress from these crazy changes and what I would have done would be to give it a day, sleep on it, let's talk about it tomorrow, you and me. That's how I treat 'friends.'

I am finding fewer and fewer reasons to bother on this earth. I have nothing left to give, and I have nothing left that I am. I could go on the road with butcher knives and charge people 10 dollars to stab me in the back. At least I'd have some money before I died.

It's taking everything I have to hold on. All the stuff that's happened in my life (much I've not shared here) in the last few weeks, and now this. Dirty Rotten Scoundrel. I'll be interested to see how the racial issues play out here. Because I'll bet you it will.

What I've learned is diversity means nothing. You can only be you, but I should never be me.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #8390
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

It sux when you get done over by someone you trust anon, and it may be the last straw for you, but things will get better. If not, just get yourself a new job. Surely someone with your skills wouldn't find it too hard?

Chin up. You'll get there.

Ortho, that all sux too, but there is an end in sight for you, so just keep on keeping on. It will all be over soon and better days will follow.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #8391
glatt

Sorry, Anonymous. You don't need that stress. Hopefully his email won't be given any weight.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #8392
orthodoc

Maybe, just maybe, his email will backfire on him. I hope so. Horrible when that goes on. I'm sorry this is happening on top of everything else.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #8393
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
...a scathing email (about an issue he was just as much at fault for as I was) and copied the new leader.
So right off the bat in your new environment, you are handed a way to judge
the maturity of your new leader... the sender just may get to be judged too.

You know the old saw: Problems = Opportunities for the well informed and well prepared
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #8394
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Semi crazy people who have a kernel of a good point and manage to twist it all around into something that can no longer be discussed rationally.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #8395
Nirvana
Back in 10

While driving down the highway, truck and trailer with cattle we went by a house and in the driveway a girl [ sub human asshole] was whipping a beagle with the end of the leash. I could not stop, it would have been too dangerous with cargo but I so wanted to whip her with that dog lead and ask her how she liked it... [fuming still]
No one was there on the way back it might have gotten ugly... >
Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #8396
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

email fallout report desired
Old 11-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #8397
chrisinhouston
Professor

I'm bummed out by a debt collector that sued me last week 3 days before I was leaving for Australia. Back about 5 years ago when I was taking care of my parents in Atlanta I quit paying on a Sears credit card when they raised the interest rate to 35% for no apparent reason other then I had settled some other credit cards with the lenders for less then the original amount and I guess they saw it on my credit report. I tried to work out a settlement with Citibank which did the Sears cards but they wouldn't cut me a deal so I just blew them off.

About 2 years later I see this big debt buyer, LNVN Funding had bought the bad debt and about every 3 months or so I would get a letter from some dickwad lawyer claiming to represent them and that a law suit was imminent. So I would send them a "debt validation" request by certified mail and they would never contact me again.

Well, I must have missed the letter from one lawyer because I found out that a law suit had been filed for failure to pay a debt. So the day before I flew to Australia I had to hire an attorney who specializes in this kind of stuff and have him deal with the legal mumbo jumbo. He says there is a pretty good chance that either they will withdraw their suit as they most likely don't have the needed documentation for the debt or that if I do have to pay it will be something like 25-30% of the original debt. He also said if he can play the legal rope a dope until April 2013 the debt will be past the time they can go after it which is 4 years in Texas. It's costing me $1500 which kind of sucks but if they will be gone for good it will be worth it.

Hey, I'm in Australia and the motto her is "No Worries, Mate!"
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #8398
infinite monkey

Another old friend passed away suddenly, unexpectedly, yesterday morning. I'm not sure yet whether it was a heart attack or an asthma issue.

Sometimes things make so sense at all.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #8399
glatt

Sorry, Infi!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #8400
infinite monkey

Thanks. There has been a recent wave of loss in my life and my peripheral life: people I've known for years, friends of the family, a family pet...

I will be very trite in saying that we never know and each day is a gift. But all of this pain and suffering (and also the pain for those of you who are dealing with medical issues) makes me think long and hard about our meaning and purpose: not a good place for my head to be.

Tell your loved ones you love them. Tell them today.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss