The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-27-2014, 04:33 AM   #976
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

So sorry things turned out shitty for Dan, and the rest of you by association. What a shame his mother is not more sensible.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:55 AM   #977
Griff
still says videotape

Sorry man.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:57 AM   #978
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

She sounds like a fucking nightmare to deal with. *hugs* sorry you're having to deal with this shit on top of everything else.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:58 AM   #979
Griff
still says videotape

Maybe after a cooling off period you could revisit the agreement you have and get 8:30 and any other issues on paper.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:19 PM   #980
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Angry

Thats part of my plan. Shes not capable of dealing with him for an extended period of time. Heck, she can't keep herself straight for one either.

I'm having thoughts of:
1- Going for full custody.
2- Getting full guardianship. (control over financial, legal & medical decisions.

The money is an issue - It will cost thousands, take a heavy emotional toll & wreak havoc amongst the rest of us.
Playing the ostrich just isn't working for him, nor me anymore. I had to help him to bed last night. I haven't done that in over 3 years.
On top of that his attitude & demeanor have sucked all day today as expected.
He was even shitty to my mom who gave him a ride to work and tried to surprise him for lunch.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:36 PM   #981
Griff
still says videotape

Good luck getting it done bro.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:16 PM   #982
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

tx
Old 10-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #983
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

I‘ve never been much of a fan of the Direct Debit system of paying recurring bills as it seems, despite guarantees, to be open season on one’s bank account. Consequently I always paid my ISP monthly bill by credit card.

The company was taken over a few years ago and a £1.99/month surcharge immediately imposed on anyone paying by card, so my bill increased from £15.31 to £17.30 per month.
At the time I did consider going over to Direct Debit but the ISP was an outfit notorious for bungling customer billing and were never out of the complaint columns in the financial pages of the national press.

Fast forward to last month. In an effort to get some sort of return on my money, I opened a Current (checking) Account that paid interest.
Among the conditions were a minimum of two Direct Debits and a fee of £2.00 per month. It sounded a reasonable deal so I took the bull by the horns and converted my ISP bill to a DD.
£2.00 fee minus £1.99 surcharge = net cost of £0.01 per month.

This morning an Email arrived from the ISP saying that my bill would be increased by £5.00 from December. As near as damn it by 33%!

And the moral of the story? You can’t win. You’re bloody fortunate if you break even.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:44 PM   #984
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

So the ISP will be 22.30 GPB or about 36 USD. That's just internet? Wireless, wire(cable), or over phone lines? Is it fast or a lot of latency?
Old 10-29-2014, 01:06 PM   #985
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

The ISP bill will be £20.31 ie £15.31 + £5.00 increase, the credit card surcharge no longer applying as I've gone over to Direct Debit..

It's just for internet access although, to be fair, I could get a better deal if we placed all the telecoms business with them.
I keep getting Emails offering all sorts of inducements to change to a bundle of services but I'm happy with things as they are.
As Dad has the phone line on contract from another outfit, it would probably be more trouble than it's worth to change.

I've just done a speed check and it comes in at 16.51mb/s over the phone line. I have to say that it's pretty reliable and outages are rare although it does slow down at peak times.

A fibre optic line passes the gate so I could take advantage of that but I suspect that it would be a bit pricey although blisteringly fast..
Old 10-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #986
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sounds like they are at least wearing a condom, rather than the roughing up they do here.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:30 PM   #987
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

God damn, I fucking hate glitter.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #988
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Also, lost another Uncledigr. Took cancer to kill this one. He was a Marine the day he was born, and he was still a Marine the day he died.

Fuck cancer.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #989
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Ha ha ha, On my Christmas card this year I threatened anyone sending me a card with glitter, that I would hate them with body and soul, for at least 22 months.

Damnit Digr, don't slip in dead/dying friends or relatives while I'm posting. Sorry.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:45 PM   #990
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Well, it pissed me off.

Also, I'm sneaky like that.

Tags
limburger