The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-14-2006, 12:48 PM   #16
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
I always found that "Sorry, you remind me of my abusive stepfather" does the trick nicely without any followup questions.
haha! well, I just usually say, sorry I am too busy.
I don't allow for any follow up questioning. I found that guys want to do the superficial flirt thing without anything real to back it up.

For instance. I went to a battery shop and bought a battery , of course :p . There was this guy behind me waiting in line.
anyway, I am outside putting the battery in my car then the cables on my brand new battery and out comes that same guy. He says, " hey, you need any help with that?" I said, nope I got it' 'chuckle chuckle' when my eyes said, " If you really wanted to help sucka you would have paid for the damn thing" or a bunch of other thoughts I was thinking when I drove off. Like, " no, I am doing this for my own amuzement" or "Do I look like I need help?" " I have the damn wrench in my hand don't I?" I mean how was that suppose to make me feel flattered he wanted to turn my wrench? I don't get it.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:58 PM   #17
rkzenrage

Sad that some feel the need for a number like that instead of just telling the truth. People deserve it.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:08 PM   #18
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Well.

I have offered such help in the past, and I had no ulterior motives. I would never consider purchasing the battery as my kind of help (under normal circumstances). I won't put words in your volunteer's mouth, but when I ask if I can help, it's just that. Not an entre to something else.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:07 PM   #19
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
Well.

I have offered such help in the past, and I had no ulterior motives. I would never consider purchasing the battery as my kind of help (under normal circumstances). I won't put words in your volunteer's mouth, but when I ask if I can help, it's just that. Not an entre to something else.
I think the difference was that she had the wrench in her hand and actually putting it in when she got the offer of helpIf she would ahve been standing there looking helplessly at the battery, it might have been seen as more of a just help offer. That is what I am reading from it. I could be sompletely wrong though
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:38 PM   #20
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I'm just trying to figure out what sky's weakness is. There's got to be *something* that makes her swoon, but it is probably pretty challenging. Clearly not an easy pickup, this one.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #21
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkyVixen
You know, when some creepy guygirl is hittin on you in a bar and then asks you for your number.
Or, you could just wear a fake ring.

Quote:
While there are women who would love the extra attention, those who are subjected to that onslaught have found that more is not always better when it comes to finding Mr. Right. So in order to keep some of the wolves of dating at bay, these princesses of popularity picked up on the fake engagement ring.
This speaks volumes about the social state of our culture. Whatever happened to people, you know, just politely dealing with it?
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:56 PM   #22
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune
This speaks volumes about the social state of our culture. Whatever happened to people, you know, just politely dealing with it?
Because a lot of times this doesn't work. Not that I get hit on a lot, but when I do and I am not interested, at times they are just relentless.

Although, somehow I don't think the ring would work on all guys.
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:35 PM   #23
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I wouldn't be interested in the kind of guy it didn't work on... why would you ever want to date someone who hits on engaged women?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:31 PM   #24
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Well duh......sex. There are guys that only hit on married women because they won't stay all night, won't be calling constantly, won't be looking for more that a roll in the hay.

Personally, married women are strictly off limits, but for some they are a gold mine.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:28 PM   #25
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Coming from you, Bruce, it almost sounds desireable, though.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:48 PM   #26
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Well duh......sex. There are guys that only hit on married women because they won't stay all night, won't be calling constantly, won't be looking for more that a roll in the hay.

Personally, married women are strictly off limits, but for some they are a gold mine.

Soooo, sounds like the fake ring idea can be a bit of win/win if a girl is looking for the same thing. She wears the ring and only get hit on by the guys that are looking for a roll in the hay and the guys that want to settle down with the one arent gonna bother.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote