The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-15-2017, 02:26 PM   #1261
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

The turkey responds because the owl and the turkey are either natural enemies, or competitors for the same area, I'm not really sure. But it's weird, that turkey just cannot not gobble when he hears that kind of owl.

My hooter is pretty much the same as this guy's, but, mine doesn't have the extra ports, and is a bit deeper/lower in tone, but the technique and sound is very similar to this:

Instead of the trill at the end, around these parts we end with more of a 'hoo-ah'.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:30 PM   #1262
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Maybe it's because the turkey is jealous of the owl's silent flight?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:28 PM   #1263
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

am I missing something about the number of syllables in the second phrase who cooks for you all?
Old 05-18-2017, 11:26 PM   #1264
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

The last part, 'you all', comes out kinda like Pacino's huu-wah. The guy in the vid puts more of a trill on the end.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #1265
captainhook455
Rapscallion

I would've thought that since you from KY you would know the correct pronunciation is y'all.

Sent from my Z818L using Tapatalk
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:22 PM   #1266
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Heh.

Turkeys enunciate.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #1267
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

LOTS of rain lately. Going down to the river to see how high it's gotten. See if m'table and chair are gone. Pretty sure they will be. They're probably in the next state. Literally. It's only about 2, maybe 4 river miles to the next state.

'Sposed to be 80 today, w/sun & clouds.

Gonna be bad muddy, though. Might have to walk from the gate, as I have street tires on GC1. That's almost a mile. Through muddy tractor road, or walking alongside it, through waist high grass. And the blood-thirsty, sabre-toothed redneck ticks (not to mention the deer ticks) that infest it. I guess it'll be long pants, duct tape, and Permanone. I'll have to burn some herbaceous substance, as well.

Y'know...To keep the mosquitoes away.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:54 AM   #1268
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Rain yesterday and today. Thank Buddha. It was drier than a toad fart down here.
I had to water my roses so the fucking bugs could have something sweet to eat. Sevin dust and Raid took care of those buggers. Then it supposed to be pl

Old 05-23-2017, 08:55 AM   #1269
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Then it supposed to be pleasant so off to the beach for the weekend.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:07 AM   #1270
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

80 degrees here for the first time since last August.

And it's just 10 weeks until next August.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #1271
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

It's June 8, in south central Kentucky.

We're freezing. Today, all our house windows have been closed. All the doors closed. All day.

It's the coldest 72 degrees I've ever felt.

Popdigr said if we hadn't already killed the pilot light, he'd have had the heat on last night.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:48 PM   #1272
captainhook455
Rapscallion

I have the heat on. Its 62 out there. Gotta ride the bike tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:12 PM   #1273
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Shorts and t-shirt weather
Old 06-10-2017, 02:11 PM   #1274
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

The world's gone all cockadoody.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #1275
monster
I hear them call the tide

94 in old money here, 34 in sensible measures.

hot. in other words. Same again tomorrow, then thunderstorms for the rest of the week.

the boy's graduation is tomorrow. hoping the storms don't come early