The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 11-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #46
sproglet
small in a big way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I think it's adorable how sproglet is so eagle-eyed when it comes to giant novelty food. I rarely see sproglet anywhere else. I think she (he?) has a thing for humorous, over-sized joke food. Maybe her daddy was Mayor McCheese?
Well, we all have our niche to fill.

Can I suggest that the next monstrosity to get spunked-up in the name of disposable income and tacky self-promotion, includes a photograph of it getting rammed up the cook's arse. Now that would be adorable.
sproglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #47
CaliforniaMama
I wonder . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
A dozen oysters in about four seconds. Without hands.
I have to admit I'm not a shellfish fan, but how does one eat a dozen oysters without hands? Is someone pouring them down your throat or are you lapping them up?

Inquiring minds . . .
CaliforniaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:18 AM   #48
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sproglet

Can I suggest that the next monstrosity to get spunked-up in the name of disposable income and tacky self-promotion, includes a photograph of it getting rammed up the cook's arse. Now that would be adorable.
I would pay to see that.

What about the incredible expense of the monarchy? Wouldn't it be better to turn Buckingham Palace into a home for unwed mothers or something?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:36 AM   #49
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:

But sproglet, the bottom line is it's still food, it gets eaten and in some cases by needy people for free. What's wrong with having fun with it too?
Old 11-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #50
sproglet
small in a big way.

It's crap food, bad for the planet, bad for humans, full of saturated fats and red meat. It gives out all the wrong signals as far as I'm concerned, plus, whomever queues up to eat a slice of cold joke burger needs their head squeezing IMHO.

BTW the Monarchy pay taxes and are one of the largest employers in the UK. Plus the Queen gives me the right fucking horn so she can stay put as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:13 PM   #51
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I've no idea what the 'right fucking horn' is, so I'll disengage from that.

Uh--till I know what that is, exactly.

Lots and lots of food is crap food. We all need to eat better, more organic vegs, more grains. I've no quarrel with that. I will say that it is infinitely better to eat under-cooked asparagus than to go hungry, wouldn't you?

Ah, though, perhaps you subscribe to Jonathan Swift's idea?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 11-11-2006, 04:18 PM   #52
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

PS--still, the Monarchy is a waste. A. Complete. Waste. So, they pay taxes, who doesn't? They have loads of land holdings, etc. and wtf is Charles doing? Anyway--we ALL have our indulgences. Why begrudge an company some publicity?

—James Barrie

Old 11-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #53
sproglet
small in a big way.

Charles is a wacky loon from yesteryear and is mostly harmless, plus I agree with his ideas on organic farming and architecture.

Are you following me about?

RFH = Woody
Old 11-11-2006, 06:11 PM   #54
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Are you following me about?

RFH = Woody
YES, I am!

Kidding, sweetheart!~

—James Barrie

Old 11-11-2006, 07:10 PM   #55
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
It's crap food, bad for the planet, bad for humans, full of saturated fats and red meat. It gives out all the wrong signals as far as I'm concerned, plus, whomever queues up to eat a slice of cold joke burger needs their head squeezing IMHO.
Humans are omnivores. There is no bad food, unless it's poisonous. Oh, and save your breath on the whole meat is poison thing.

I agree that too many people limit their choices of what they will/should eat. Yes, they are media misled in some cases and available choices in others, but that doesn't make it bad food. No reason to get bunched up panties over the world's biggest burger or the world's biggest pile of bean sprouts, it's all in fun, not a guide to better living.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:18 PM   #56
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
RFH = Woody
Just to be sure here, are you saying the Queen of England arouses you?

Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #57
milkfish
A serene breakdown

Not many in this country are willing to say as much about our head of state.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #58
sproglet
small in a big way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
Just to be sure here, are you saying the Queen of England arouses you?

It's the subtle mix of vulnerability and power that does it I think, and those gorgeous hats.

I'm not totally against red meat I just don't understand why people eat so much of it all the time. Give your colons a break every once in while, Jeeze
Old 11-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #59
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Fess up, tw....this election made you giddy, didn't it?
I was scheduled to be in White House when I ended up getting reposed in Clinton. Coolant system failure.

Yes, real story. Any similarities to recent events are coincidental and Freudian.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:10 PM   #60
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Now that's spooky.
sabotage?
Homeland Security read you posts?
UG turn you in?