The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 11-06-2017, 09:39 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Nov 7th, 2017: Tiny Home

And I mean tiny, about 550 sq ft, but it seems bigger because it’s got headroom galore.
I could live there comfortably with a maid that stopped in twice a week, once to clean and once for … uh, odds and ends.

Quote:
This fantasy cottage is guaranteed to take your breath away. Masterfully constructed, this small home which is located on the shores of Vancouver Island , British Columbia truly looks as though it belongs in a storybook.
-skip-
Despite the undeniable allure of the home itself, it’s impossible not to notice the incredible location of the cottage, which is situated directly on an ocean inlet. From this location, Bruce is able to watch the world go by, and even see whales and seals play.

The skill that went into crafting this home is evident everywhere you look. Cedar shakes which make up the roof were painstakingly hand-made and shaped to be able to fit the unique curves of the roof.

Quote:
In true tiny house style, no inch of the homes space has been wasted, and the organically shaped stairs which lead into the sleeping loft also provide storage space for all the homes electronics as well as the water heater.

Upstairs, the loft has been kept simple, yet provides a welcoming place to rest your head at night. The dramatic pitch of the roof adds a certain sense of grandeur to the space, which remains open to the living room below.

He said it cost him about $175,000 CDN.

link

video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=avn7brkxmmo
Old 11-07-2017, 06:10 AM   #2
Griff
still says videotape

That's lovely.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:05 AM   #3
glatt

Very nicely done.

I notice the reality of how much easier it is to work with straight lines and right angles. Even with that free flowing and organic exterior and shell, pretty much everything inside is made from straight boards. Stair treads excluded. So much easier to do it that way.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:09 PM   #4
blueboy56
Master Locutor

I love the elegance of design and appearance, however, being of the mature years, I wonder what happens when the owner develops injury or pain that precludes easily climbing up and down the stairs.
blueboy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:12 PM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The open balcony at the head of the bed, looking down on the living room, gets an elevator.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:33 PM   #6
blueboy56
Master Locutor

Da' oh. But of course. Thank you .
blueboy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:54 PM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Or helium balloons and parachutes.
I understand your concern though because I have the same issue. If there were 9 naked hookers in the attic, it wouldn't do me any good.