The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2016, 05:16 PM   #1036
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central...KY that is
Posts: 30,196
42 Creepy AF Things Kids Said To Their Parents

#29.
__________________


These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #1037
monster
disaster mermaid
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perpetual Chaos
Posts: 28,193
So I was standing in line at the grocery store with the weirdest of my kids and at one particularly weird moment I said "Son, you are doing me a frighten". Without a breath, he said "Bork! Bork! Bork!" I didn't show him that one. No doubting his parentage.
__________________
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity Amelia Earhart
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:15 PM   #1038
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 60,090
Never questioned his, it's yours that makes me ponder. Which planet? Which dimension?
__________________
Everything is interesting... look closer.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:44 PM   #1039
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central...KY that is
Posts: 30,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
"Bork! Bork! Bork!"
__________________


These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:20 AM   #1040
monster
disaster mermaid
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perpetual Chaos
Posts: 28,193
Thor has been on facebook for about 18 months now. But this may be his first real post:

Really annoyed about the linguistically insensitive "nose blind" term in Febreeze commercials. The correct terms go as follows.
Hyposmia [high-POSE-mee-ah] is a reduced ability to detect odors.
Anosmia [ah-NOSE-mee-ah] is the complete inability to detect odors. In rare cases, someone may be born without a sense of smell, a condition called congenital anosmia.
Parosmia [pahr-OZE-mee-ah] is a change in the normal perception of odors, such as when the smell of something familiar is distorted, or when something that normally smells pleasant now smells foul.
Phantosmia [fan-TOES-mee-ah] is the sensation of an odor that isn’t there.
Get some English, Febreeze


He is 14
__________________
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity Amelia Earhart
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:22 AM   #1041
monster
disaster mermaid
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perpetual Chaos
Posts: 28,193
There are tears coming out of my eyes. I refuse to say whether they are from laughter or overly-emotional-maternal-pride, but my cheeks are hurting
__________________
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity Amelia Earhart
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:36 AM   #1042
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 60,090
Holy shit, he doesn't talk like that for real does he? That would get him some strange looks methinks.


Bulletin: This just in from our foreign desks. Proctor & Gamble stock has tumbled on the foreign exchanges, and rumor has it the markets not open for the week yet, are being flooded with put orders.
__________________
Everything is interesting... look closer.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:06 AM   #1043
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 18,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Holy shit, he doesn't talk like that for real does he? That would get him some strange looks methinks.
Smart irony is prized above all other skills in the Millennial landscape. He'll be their king.
__________________
My book
My spirit animal
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:35 AM   #1044
monster
disaster mermaid
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perpetual Chaos
Posts: 28,193
Yes, he does talk like that.
__________________
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity Amelia Earhart
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:17 AM   #1045
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 13,001
Having dined with this family fairly recently I can attest that he does talk like that. He's smart and funny and a great kid to talk to!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:24 PM   #1046
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 60,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Yes, he does talk like that.
No wonder Banana Lady loves to visit.
__________________
Everything is interesting... look closer.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:37 PM   #1047
monster
disaster mermaid
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perpetual Chaos
Posts: 28,193
She never hears him talk because she hands over a stack of Beano comics as she walks through the door and we don't see him again
__________________
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity Amelia Earhart
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:41 PM   #1048
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 60,090
Ha, ha, ha, Banana Lady is on the ball.
__________________
Everything is interesting... look closer.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #1049
footfootfoot
I may have overstated my temerity's degree of mitigation.
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: in the house and on the street
Posts: 18,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Thor has been on facebook for about 18 months now. But this may be his first real post:

Really annoyed about the linguistically insensitive "nose blind" term in Febreeze commercials. The correct terms go as follows.
Hyposmia [high-POSE-mee-ah] is a reduced ability to detect odors.
Anosmia [ah-NOSE-mee-ah] is the complete inability to detect odors. In rare cases, someone may be born without a sense of smell, a condition called congenital anosmia.
Parosmia [pahr-OZE-mee-ah] is a change in the normal perception of odors, such as when the smell of something familiar is distorted, or when something that normally smells pleasant now smells foul.
Phantosmia [fan-TOES-mee-ah] is the sensation of an odor that isn’t there.
Get some English, Febreeze


He is 14
What is an exceptional sense of smell? hyperosmia?
__________________
the internet is a hateful stew of vomit you can never take completely seriously? - Her Fobs

Last edited by footfootfoot; 06-13-2016 at 01:19 PM. Reason: I looked it up.
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:50 PM   #1050
monster
disaster mermaid
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perpetual Chaos
Posts: 28,193
unfortunate, when you live around here....
__________________
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity Amelia Earhart
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
humor


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.