We have to go back, Kate!

David Cameron's Spidey Strut

DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:16 AM   #1322
DanaC

And now a couple of Thug Life videos

These are worth watching to get a sense of the .....robust nature of PMQs

As does this - someone's favourite moments from the HoC: some quite funny moments. Taken from different eras.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #1323
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

The trouble with PMQs, as is pretty self-evident, is that it has long since ceased to be an opportunity for the PM and his/her Government to be held to account and become just a cynical point scoring exercise by all concerned.
It's probably a safe bet that before TV coverage of Parliament it was a fairly civilised process, but when you cram that many Type A personalities, each with a mighty ego, into a confined space before the Nation's gaze, it's unlikely to be mistaken for a vicarage tea party.

That said, I've always liked Stephen Pound, (at about 1.00 in the first video) who doesn't seem to take himself, or anything else, seriously.
Dennis Skinner, it's fair to say, is never going to be mistaken for a man who has just put down his copy of Debrett's Etiquette, but he speaks with passion and commitment and I admire him for that.
He's now eighty-three and I thought that he would have retired but he's just been re-elected.

Last edited by Carruthers; 05-17-2015 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Spelling terror
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:39 AM   #1324
DanaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
The trouble with PMQs, as is pretty self-evident, is that it has long since ceased to be an opportunity for the PM and his/her Government to be held to account and become just a cynical point scoring exercise by all concerned.
It's probably a safe bet that before TV coverage of Parliament it was a fairly civilised process, but when you cram that many Type A personalities, each with a mighty ego, into a confined space before the Nation's gaze, it's unlikely to be mistaken for a vicarage tea party.
Whilst I agree with the first point - from what I have read, TV coverage has, if anything, softened things in many ways. Parliamentary debate, and PMQs in particular have always been vicious and the parties have always expressed their allegiances through mockery and jeering of the opposition.

Quote:
Dennis Skinner, it's fair to say, is never going to be mistaken for a man who has just put down his copy of Debrett's Etiquette, but he speaks with passion and commitment and I admire him for that.
He's now eighty-three and I thought that he would have retired but he's just been re-elected.

I love Skinner. One of the politicians I most admire. Met him once - lovely bloke. Very charismatic in person.

Talking of which - it's funny how TV can affect levels of charisma. Gordon Brown came across quite flat on tv - but when he walked into a hall full of people, it was like a charge went through the room - that man exuded presence and charisma.

I came in here to post some more funny vids. Some Daily Show coverage of the British elections that I found hilarious. It's always interesting viewing our country* through someone else's eyes.

I adore Jordan Klepper. This on the ground report on the election process made choke on my coffee.

it does make me chuckle that one of the defining features of British culture when viewed from outside is our tendency to swear.

Something which Matt Leblanc also pointed out from his time in Britain.

Last edited by DanaC; 05-22-2015 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:35 AM   #1325
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

This Rand Paul ad for 2016 is off the wall ...
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:46 AM   #1326
DanaC

I can't play the clip as am currently on my home-telesales shift.....but....is that a pic of an American Eagle breathing fire?
Old 05-29-2015, 10:51 AM   #1327
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yes, fire, lot's of fire. "Published" by America's Liberty PAC, for emotional/intellectual adolescents.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:02 AM   #1328
DanaC

I'm gonna have to dig out some of our party political broadcasts for you guys to see :P
Old 05-29-2015, 02:26 PM   #1329
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Yes, fire, lot's of fire. "Published" by America's Liberty PAC, for emotional/intellectual adolescents.
Or, perhaps, humor.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:48 PM   #1330
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That would be my thought if it weren't for Rand's supporters.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:03 PM   #1331
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Oh. I see, now.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:20 AM   #1332
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Attached Images

Old 06-17-2015, 10:27 AM   #1333
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Attached Images

Old 06-17-2015, 01:34 PM   #1334
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

...and for your top pic, may I suggest a title...

" Which one of people is not like the others ? "
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:20 PM   #1335
it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
" Which one of people is not like the others ? "
Hmmm...

Creator's answer: None, the point of the ad is probably to say Christ Christie is "Not a true republican". If you thought it's Christ, you are a traitor to the GOP. May the elephant weight's crush you. You see what I did there? Yes, see this is how I made an attack ad that only sends you the right message if you have the biases of the audience for the attack ads... Clever right? That's why I don't get fooled by global warming propaganda from "Science".

Liberal answer: None. I mean Chris Christie. Because he is the only one who identifies as male fro birth. Except it doesn't matter, so none. But not not mattering in the sense that gender identity isn't a thing we acknowledge, so it does. But wait, trans-racial? That's new... Is Rachel Dolezal the exception? Where is the new nouns dictionary?! I don't want to offend transracials, but she's stealing a minority's racial identity. What if she says the N word?! What to think... Someone please, what should I think?!

Christ Christie supporters answer: Is this because they are skinny? Are you making fun of his weight? You should be ashamed of yourself! Don't look so skin deep, It's whats on the inside that counts. Wait isn't that the broad that thought she was black? She cracks me up!

Last edited by it; 06-18-2015 at 06:29 PM.
it is offline   Reply With Quote