BigV
Goon Squad Leader

welcome home, glad you're safe
Old 02-21-2015, 07:21 AM   #10202
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Three British girls gone to join ISIS.
Stupid bitches.

Sorry, I always said that if you scratched the surface of this liberal there is a reactionary core.
I hate ISIS like I hated the IRA. I don't give a damn what religion you are dressing it up in, if you love killing, you need killing.

These girls are leaving their Western lives, with their good Imams, their decent Dads, their family lives, and going to a place where the Prophet's words are ignored. ISIS don't educate girls. They use them to breed killers. That's not the Islamic faith.

Stay there. Eat the pie you made. Serves you bloody right if your support enables one decent person to be killed. And by decent I don't mean Christian. I mean any creed or colour or faith.
I've been forgiven a lot. Forgiveness I probably didn't deserve. And I was older than 15.
But I never, ever set out to kill anyone other than myself, or support anyone who did.

Silly murderous children.
Sigh.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:37 PM   #10203
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Now now, they're just rebellious. Children have always been rebellious, remember sneaking outside for a smoke at school dances?
We must have patience, and assure them they are loved, while they "find themselves".

Hopefully, they'll "find themselves" scattered over an acre of desert.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:11 PM   #10204
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Stay there. Eat the pie you made.
Wait.

They have pie?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:38 AM   #10205
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

This isn't upsetting me now, but it did earlier.
I ran into a nutter earlier today. I mean he really was raving and it was just my luck to encounter him in an empty street before 08.30 in the morning, so I got both barrels. And when I say I ran into him, I wish I had.

Instead I put my "I can't hear you face on" while I walked past and he shouted abuse at me, my figure, my clothes and my actions (me walking into my f*cking door seemed to be particularly offensive to him).

Now I'm not really bringing gender politics into it, because the man was more than a few napkins short of a Happy Meal, but I hated the fact that he brought my mammaries into his harangue - bearing in mind it's a Sunday morning in February, it's cold and they are well hidden under woollens. And the fact I felt so vulnerable in daylight right outside where I live. In many ways it would have been worse if I'd been a man, because then my ego and sense of self-respect may have come into it and I'd have felt emotionally required to challenge him rather than just move-along-nothing-to-see-here. And that wouldn't have been right or decent or satisfying either. It would have been worse yet if I'd been with a man, because he would then have gone through it all on my behalf. The shouter was certainly not capable of making judgements regarding his own risk - he was shouting in an empty street before I wandered along - possibly at a bus.

Having been through a mental health ward, to various NA and AA meetings and currently going through a programme which brings me into intimate contact with ex-addicts of all flavours, some of whom have less than sterling previous life choices (myself included) it seems so unfair to find it by chance too.

Meh. I honestly am over it.
I suppose the day I don't think its worth commenting on is the day I've given in to the madness myself.

Last edited by Sundae; 02-22-2015 at 07:17 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 02:40 PM   #10206
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Well, that's a helluva way to start the day...

...I started my day by checking to make sure Slick had food in his bowl.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:58 PM   #10207
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:12 PM   #10208
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

old habits...
Old 02-24-2015, 09:49 PM   #10209
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Find younger Nuns, V.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:21 AM   #10210
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Aww Grav. It's horrible when it catches you unawares.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:29 PM   #10211
anonymous
Operations Operative

I am not even a grown-up. I can't make ends meet on part-time hours and I'm back to being sick to my stomach worrying about paying bills. I just applied for another part-time job at a local video store. I cancelled my cable and internet, effective tomorrow. I can't reduce my phone package until I pay my past due amount. I can reduce my car insurance, by increasing deductibles, knowing as soon as i submit the request someone will run into me. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of being alone and trying to do this all by myself when what human being can? Yet I don't see anything changing anytime soon. I do love my new job, but I'm falling back into deep depression because I can't pay my bills and it doesn't seem like things should be so hard.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:15 PM   #10212
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

so sorry. I'm in a funk today as well. I'm meeting with a special needs advocate/adviser tomorrow regarding finances for my son now and after I'm gone etc etc.
She gave me a list of all the documents she needs to get started. I don't even have 1/4 of the stuff on the list. No stocks, bonds, investment portfolio etc etc etc. I suck.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:29 PM   #10213
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
so sorry. I'm in a funk today as well.
I'm meeting with a special needs advocate/adviser tomorrow
regarding finances for my son now and after I'm gone etc etc.
She gave me a list of all the documents she needs to get started.
I don't even have 1/4 of the stuff on the list.
No stocks, bonds, investment portfolio etc etc etc. I suck.
Stocks, bonds, etc. are part of the process, but... and it's a big "but",
this is an even more important time for you to put in writing what you want
and believe is reasonable for your son when you are no longer around to give guidance.

Attorneys and CPA's are all too often involved with the fiscal and legal side of things.
But the role of the special needs advocate is also to include the
support and guidance that parents are no longer able to provide.
Guardianship, level of independence, religion, parenthood, on and on...

Pls, take this aspect of the process to heart and give it the attention it needs.
This will also get you past some silly notion that you "suck".
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:39 PM   #10214
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yeah no suck at all. The people who do this have to make sure they haven't overlooked something, that would be unprofessional and uncool. the way to avoid that is to make a checklist of everything anyone could possibly have. "Possibly" makes it a very long list, but about the only thing not on the list is that bottle of hundred year old scotch tucked away. But then, we'll probably drink that at your funeral. Seriously man, you don't suck because you don't have all those things, nobody has all those things.

Also, you wouldn't want to hang with people who used that list as the measure of a man.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:53 PM   #10215
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
I do love my new job, but I'm falling back into deep depression because I can't pay my bills and it doesn't seem like things should be so hard.
Sorry to hear this.

I hope you get the other job you applied for. And Spring will be here in just a couple weeks.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss